Palinisms 101

Time after time, I read posts on here by conservatives, talking about "elitist" college professors, arguing that home schooling is far superior to any other form of schooling and talking about how Sarah Palin is well qualified to be Presdident of the United States because she is "just like us." I have read dozens of arguments demeaning a politician or other, national political figure on the basis of their education. The more education they have, the louder the claims they are idiots.

That looks an awful lot like worshiping stupid and fearing smart to me.

Not quite.

I am - or was, among those "elitist" college professors.

There is not a dislike of education in America. Fact is, one of the largest segments Obama has lost is the college educated voting bloc.

Now, our public education system is in fact in a shambles, and it would appear the more the feds get involved, the worse it gets. The rich have long enjoyed the betterments of choice in education, while the middle class and poor usually are stuck with the monopoly public education status quo - ensuring a generational challenge for many regarding quality of education.

And while our colleges are in fact liberal slanted - I maintain they still represent the best educational system in the world. Why? CHOICE and COMPETITION.

Why do you think our higher educational institutions are "liberally slanted"?

I don't think - I know.

I lived among them for over a decade - and continue to travel to campuses across the nation throughout the course of the year.

There is a very real liberal slant to these institutions. It doesn't bother me - but to say it doesn't exist is foolish and/or ignorant.

You decide which one applies to you...:eusa_angel:

And we have even less of a competent Democrat president now - much to the dismay of the majority of Americans.

I would take a Bill Clinton Republican Congress era over this current far left Big Government insanity in an instant.

Things are getting downright scary these days, and Obama appears incapable of sensing, it, and even less so in having the ability to do anything about it...

I disagree. I think that's what a lot of Republicans are screaming - that things are "getting scary." But that is only because they don't agree with a Democratic agenda.

Republicans really get nasty when they are out of office. They are nasty when they are in office, of course, but the level rises tenfold when they are out. Why are Republicans so nasty? Can you answer that for me?

A rather silly question that would be right at home in applying it to Democrats.

And the levels of dissatisfaction in America is not a "Republican" issue alone. Obama has lost the Independents as well, and a fair amount of Democrats to boot.

You appear unwilling to concede that the backlash against the Obama-Pelosi-Reid version of Democrats has proven highly unpopular across party lines.

A majority of people are unhappy with this president and this Congress - and try as those like you might, this unhappiness is not designated to any single political party affiliation...

George is an old man who is set in his beliefs, he doesn't believe the Dems or anyone that follows them can do any wrong.

And we have even less of a competent Democrat president now - much to the dismay of the majority of Americans.

I would take a Bill Clinton Republican Congress era over this current far left Big Government insanity in an instant.

Things are getting downright scary these days, and Obama appears incapable of sensing, it, and even less so in having the ability to do anything about it...

I disagree. I think that's what a lot of Republicans are screaming - that things are "getting scary." But that is only because they don't agree with a Democratic agenda.

Republicans really get nasty when they are out of office. They are nasty when they are in office, of course, but the level rises tenfold when they are out. Why are Republicans so nasty? Can you answer that for me?

A rather silly question that would be right at home in applying it to Democrats.

And the levels of dissatisfaction in America is not a "Republican" issue alone. Obama has lost the Independents as well, and a fair amount of Democrats to boot.

You appear unwilling to concede that the backlash against the Obama-Pelosi-Reid version of Democrats has proven highly unpopular across party lines.

A majority of people are unhappy with this president and this Congress - and try as those like you might, this unhappiness is not designated to any single political party affiliation...

There is some dissatisfaction with President Obama among Democrats. He does (or does not do) things that I don't like. But that does not change the insanity or the intensity of the Republican Noise Machine, which is operating at full tilt these days.

Not quite.

I am - or was, among those "elitist" college professors.

There is not a dislike of education in America. Fact is, one of the largest segments Obama has lost is the college educated voting bloc.

Now, our public education system is in fact in a shambles, and it would appear the more the feds get involved, the worse it gets. The rich have long enjoyed the betterments of choice in education, while the middle class and poor usually are stuck with the monopoly public education status quo - ensuring a generational challenge for many regarding quality of education.

And while our colleges are in fact liberal slanted - I maintain they still represent the best educational system in the world. Why? CHOICE and COMPETITION.

Why do you think our higher educational institutions are "liberally slanted"?

I don't think - I know.

I lived among them for over a decade - and continue to travel to campuses across the nation throughout the course of the year.

There is a very real liberal slant to these institutions. It doesn't bother me - but to say it doesn't exist is foolish and/or ignorant.

You decide which one applies to you...:eusa_angel:

Read my post again. I did not say that I feel our institutions of higher learning are not liberally slanted. I believe they are.

And so I ask you again - why do you think that is?

George, why wont you address the question about you calling people you disagree with "crackers"?

George, why wont you address the question about you calling people you disagree with "crackers"?

not to mention morons.

and he has the nerve to call others nasty?

This "George" said such things?

I now regret having responded to his silly posts.

So sad that so few liberals in this forum are capable of having a meaningful and coherent dialogue...

not to mention morons.

and he has the nerve to call others nasty?

This "George" said such things?

I now regret having responded to his silly posts.

So sad that so few liberals in this forum are capable of having a meaningful and coherent dialogue...

oh yes, he said such things

Yes, we want to throw the stupid tag around.

Sarah Palin is stupid. I hope all you Republicons vote for the quitting Governor of Alaska. Please oh please oh please!

This is my fondest hope as well. I cannot believe that the RNC was stupid enough to put her on the slate as a Vice Presidential candidate in 2008 or will be stupid enough to run her for any kind of public office in 2012. Every time I see the crackers that support her bleating about her "down home style" on some television interview, I can only shake my head in wonder.

What a pleasure to find a civil post amidst the childish blathering of so many others. I think Sarah has good intentions and she seems able to stimulate a large crowd - of her followers. Your assessment of her chances of making it in the Big Leagues is also correct. I don't mind a Republican president, if they can find someone competent. We haven't seen one in a long, long time.

Here are MSNBC's 15 Top Business News stories today:

Who is watching reclusive heiress's millions?
Gov't: 23K workers affected by Gulf oil drill ban
Mortgage fraud thrives in good and bad times
Fidelity sees record number raid 401(k)s
Jobless rate fell in 18 states in July, rose in 14
Gasoline prices should fall after Labor Day
Smile! It just might be a good career move
Newsweek: Innovation grows among older workers
NYT: BP claimants might have to waive right to sue
AT&T, Angie's list take cues from Groupon

I'd hardly call MSNBC = Screaming Republicans (which would make a great name for a band)

The two stories I've bolded are the two that I see as MSNBC "screamers," but I think its wierd that there's also stories encouraging the unemployed to "SMILE!".

Clearly, Republicans aren't the only ones "screaming."

Shut the fuck up you pussy ass bitches!!!!!!

What makes one "race" better than any others? That would be self confidence in our own potential.

When I hear the word "cracker". I laugh..seiously..It cracks me up..it is FUNNY!

No one can ever talk me out of my self esteem. It just is not possible. OK..it's a thin line between confidense and arrogance ..but that isn't my problem now is it.. That's the burden to bear for the idiot that thinks "cracker" is supposed to have some effect on me. If "******" bothers someone then they are weak. Piss on em. If "cracker" bothers someone ..they are weak..piss on em.

Shut the fuck up you pussy ass bitches!!!!!!

What makes one "race" better than any others? That would be self confidence in our own potential.

When I hear the word "cracker". I laugh..seiously..It cracks me up..it is FUNNY!

No one can ever talk me out of my self esteem. It just is not possible. OK..it's a thin line between confidense and arrogance ..but that isn't my problem now is it.. That's the burden to bear for the idiot that thinks "cracker" is supposed to have some effect on me. If "******" bothers someone then they are weak. Piss on em. If "cracker" bothers someone ..they are weak..piss on em.

Indeed Huggy, which is why I have asked why people object when I use ******. Which proves my point. Either word only has power if you let it, so why get offended over one , but not the other. End of story.

Forum List

Back