Palin to be recommended for indictment on Friday

When was the last time something political made it to the State Supreme Court because the Republicans were crying foul?

Oh wait! The 2000 election!

Or spending 50 million dollars to find out that Monica Lewinsky got on her knees

If true, McCain might fall back on Mitten. That wouldn't be a good thing.

I think Palin can easily bring the GOP down just be being Palin.

The prosecutor's report is due on Friday.

Looks like Muffy Mooseburger is going down. <wink>

Bloomberg.com: U.S.

Nothing in the article says that the report is going to recommend indictment. I have no love of Palin and I'm glad they're going to comply with the subpoenas before the election, but exaggerating and fabricating do nothing to help your cause.

Let the due process of law begin, Ms. Palin. Good luck, and best wishes to you and yours, that the truth will be unvieled, and that you will get a fair hearing. :thup:

I seriously doubt there will be an indictment. Seven of her aides will testify. My hunch is that the case will be dropped.

O.J. Simpson: "I seriously doubt there will be an indictment. Seven of my aides will testify. My hunch is that the case will be dropped." :eusa_eh:

Nowhere in that article is the word "indictment" in print. Nor is there any indication what the prosecuter's report will entail. Try again.

The article is just a report on the progress toward her indictment.

The prosecutor has audio tapes, emails, and multiple witnesses. Palin is going down.

"Paging Mr. Romney, paging Mr. Mitt Romney.........."

The prosecutor has audio tapes, emails, and multiple witnesses. Palin is going down.

suppose you were chris/kirk, and then suppose you were an idiot. but i repeat myself.

with apologies to Mark Twain

The article is vague at best. The prosecutor can have whatever evidence he wants the questionis its relevence and the credibilty of witnesses. I don't see this going anywhere because of the influx of politics. But, we'll see. I could be wrong. However, you are putting the cart in front of the horse.

The article is vague at best. The prosecutor can have whatever evidence he wants the questionis its relevence and the credibilty of witnesses. I don't see this going anywhere because of the influx of politics. But, we'll see. I could be wrong. However, you are putting the cart in front of the horse.

The investigation was recommended by a committee of 10 Republicans and 4 Democrats. The prosecutor was a prosecutor for 28 years in Anchorage, and he is well respected. There is tons of evidence, including an audiotape of one of Palin's staff trying to shakedown Public Safety about Trooper Wooten.

Palin?s Office Will Release Potentially Damaging Emails?For A Price

Palin Implicated By Witness in ?Troopergate? Probe

WHAT IS IN THE E-MAILS?

The only smoking gun so far in Troopergate is the recorded telephone call by a Palin aide, Frank Bailey, to Lt. Rodney Dial of the Alaska State Troopers on Feb. 29. In that call, Bailey asked a pointed question about the continued employment of Mike Wooten, the trooper who divorced Palin's sister, Molly McCann.

"Why is this guy still representing the department?" Bailey asked.

He went on to tell Dial: "Todd and Sarah are scratching their heads, why on earth hasn't, why is this guy still representing the department? He's a horrible recruiting tool. ... You know, I mean from their perspective, everyone's protecting him."

Both Palin and Bailey say he'd acted on his own in making the call, but the investigation had been looking into whether the governor, her husband and other administration officials knew about the call or helped direct it.

During the call, Bailey appeared privy to information from Wooten's confidential personnel files. Bailey later told the Legislature's investigator, Stephen Branchflower, that he'd received the information from the governor's husband. Todd Palin, although a private citizen, frequently participates in a range of official duties. He had been copied in on official state e-mails, now withheld from the public on the grounds of executive privilege.

Cell phone records show that Todd Palin called key Palin aide Ivy Frye three times on the afternoon of Feb. 28, the day before Bailey's conversation about Wooten with Dial. The topics of discussion have not been disclosed.

Three-and-a-half hours after the last call, the first of 10 e-mails begin to fly among Frye, the governor, Todd Palin, Bailey, Administration Commissioner Annette Kreitzer, Deputy Chief of Staff Randy Ruaro and Palin aide Kris Perry. The exchanges continued overnight and into the morning of Bailey's phone call.

Only the senders, recipients and subject lines of those e-mails were released under a public records request. The e-mails carry the subject line "PSEA," a reference to the troopers' union, the Public Safety Employees Association, which was in the midst of contract negotiations with the state.

Palin won't release the contents of those e-mails. Despite her claim that Alaska's government is open and transparent, they &#8212; along with more than 1,000 other messages &#8212; are shrouded behind an exemption in the state's open records law.

Even more e-mails &#8212; the number unknown &#8212; circulated between Palin and her inner circle on private e-mail accounts that aren't subject to the state's open records law.

Last week, hackers revealed that they'd broken into one of Palin's private accounts and posted some of its contents on the Web. One of the more intriguing messages was sent from Chief of Staff Mike Nizich to Palin on Aug. 7, a week into the Troopergate investigation, with the subject line: "CONFIDENTIAL Ethics Matter."

The Associated Press: Stalled Troopergate probe leaves many questions

The investigation was recommended by a committee of 10 Republicans and 4 Democrats. The prosecutor was a prosecutor for 28 years in Anchorage, and he is well respected. There is tons of evidence, including an audiotape of one of Palin's staff trying to shakedown Public Safety about Trooper Wooten.

Palin?s Office Will Release Potentially Damaging Emails?For A Price

Palin Implicated By Witness in ?Troopergate? Probe

Fantastic, you have an opinion. Until the actual findings come out, I think I'll reserve mine. You know, because of that pesky "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

I just don't know that you should be assuming anything at this point. No one knows what will happen and celebrating the indictment isn't in good taste even if it does happen. Palin has small children and while I dislike her views politically I'd hate for anything to happen that would have a negative impact on her kids.

I just don't know that you should be assuming anything at this point. No one knows what will happen and celebrating the indictment isn't in good taste even if it does happen. Palin has small children and while I dislike her views politically I'd hate for anything to happen that would have a negative impact on her kids.

Huh?

I think parading your unmarried pregnant 17 year old daughter before millions of people would be worse.

And yes, I celebrate the indictment of people who abuse the public trust including Democrats.(Detroit, Louisiana, etc..)

Huh?

I think parading your unmarried pregnant 17 year old daughter before millions of people would be worse.

And yes, I celebrate the indictment of people who abuse the public trust including Democrats.(Detroit, Louisiana, etc..)

What was she to do? Hide her from the public?

Forum List

Back