Palin setting women back by playing cute

Yes, God forbid a woman act...like a woman! She's a beautiful woman and there's no reason she should hide that fact.

yes, because being beautiful means she can't be intelligent TOO. she's not "acting like a woman" she's acting like a dingbat. A ditz, an airhead...a woman who doesn't want to let anyone know how smart she is because she's afraid of the backlash women receive when they look smarter than men. I suspect she's far more intelligent than John McCain and she's had to dumb herself down so as not to make this fact so obvious. it's pathetic.

And the only person who's repeated lies in this campaign is Joe Biden. The dude wouldn't know the truth if a drunk driver rammed it down his throat.

:lol: you really are stupid jsanders. how many lies has Palin been caught in since her nomination?

yes, because being beautiful means she can't be intelligent TOO. she's not "acting like a woman" she's acting like a dingbat. A ditz, an airhead...a woman who doesn't want to let anyone know how smart she is because she's afraid of the backlash women receive when they look smarter than men. I suspect she's far more intelligent than John McCain and she's had to dumb herself down so as not to make this fact so obvious. it's pathetic.

:lol: you really are stupid jsanders. how many lies has Palin been caught in since her nomination?

Ohh really, give us a list.

Not off topic at all but then if you actually bothered to read threads you would know that. But hey no one has accused you recently of having any brains at least.

hey dipshit...I started this thread... I know what the topic is...it's not Waco or Elian Gonzalez that's for sure. it's about Palin's betrayal of women by dumbing herself down to be more appealing to redneck men who hate smart women.

Ohh really, give us a list.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/09/04/politics/animal/main4414049.shtml

Lie #1:

Palin: "To the families of special-needs children all across this country, I have a message: For years, you sought to make America a more welcoming place for your sons and daughters. I pledge to you that if we are elected, you will have a friend and advocate in the White House."

Sarah Palin might have changed her mind on this one recently. However, a comment here notes that Palin actually slashed funding for schools for special needs kids by 62%. Budgets: FY 2007 (pre-Palin), 2008, 2009 (all pdfs).

Lie #2:

Palin: "As for my running mate, you can be certain that wherever he goes, and whoever is listening, John McCain is the same man."

Steve's list of McCain flip-flops is here. See for yourself whether constancy is, in fact, John McCain's middle name.

Lie #3 - which she repeated over and over even after it was revealed she was lying

Palin: "I told the Congress "thanks, but no thanks," for that Bridge to Nowhere. If our state wanted a bridge, we'd build it ourselves."

Just to reiterate what others have said: Congress' requirement that funds be spent on that bridge (aka the 'earmark') were removed before Sarah Palin became governor. She was therefore in no position to tell Congress anything about the bridge, one way or the other. During her campaign, she said she supported funding for the bridge. Brad Plumer, citing the Anchorage Dialy News via Nexis:

"5. Would you continue state funding for the proposed Knik Arm and Gravina Island bridges?

Yes. I would like to see Alaska's infrastructure projects built sooner rather than later. The window is now--while our congressional delegation is in a strong position to assist."

Later, she accepted the money -- now not restricted by an earmark -- and used it for other infrastructure projects. Here's her statement about why she wasn't building the bridge (also via Plumer.) Decide for yourselves what role a principled opposition to earmark funding plays in it. Hint: here's what residents of Ketchikan AK said when they heard her recent remarks:

Lie #4

Palin: "But listening to him speak, it's easy to forget that this is a man who has authored two memoirs but not a single major law or reform - not even in the state senate."

rundown of Obama's accomplishments in the Senate here. They include the Lugar-Obama bill on nonproliferation, and an ethics reform package that the Washington Post called "the strongest ethics legislation to emerge from Congress yet." Ruth Marcus summarizes his record on reform:

Lie #5

Palin: "The Democratic nominee for president supports plans to raise income taxes ... raise payroll taxes ... raise investment income taxes ... raise the death tax ... raise business taxes ... and increase the tax burden on the American people by hundreds of billions of dollars. My sister Heather and her husband have just built a service station that's now opened for business - like millions of others who run small businesses. How are they going to be any better off if taxes go up?"

Well, it all depends whose taxes go up, doesn't it? If Heather and her husband make less than $250,000, their taxes will not go up. Most Americans will pay less in taxes under Obama's plan than under McCain's. So they might well be better off.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RoLGQTSUmiQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RoLGQTSUmiQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube.com]

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4XYhsjHRJE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D4XYhsjHRJE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

not only does she lie, but her idiot partner lies on her behalf

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Tc7BF_Fd7I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1Tc7BF_Fd7I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> [/youtube]

you should be careful what you ask for RGS

Last edited:
She doesn't dumb herself down. The ones who dumb down...and they do it because they think the American ppl are idiots...are Biden and Obama.

Palin's shown incredible intellect. She's shown that women can be both beautiful AND intelligent.

None that involved lying about how her family died for sympathy votes.

hey dipshit...I started this thread... I know what the topic is...it's not Waco or Elian Gonzalez that's for sure. it's about Palin's betrayal of women by dumbing herself down to be more appealing to redneck men who hate smart women.

And yet those things CAME UP and I responded, GO FIGURE. Remind us when you became sole ruler of the board and what can and can not be discussed and who can and can not respond in threads.

You lied and got caught at it, fess up and move on. You thought you could score a cheap shot and it failed, to bad for you.

RetiredGySgt is right.

The Waco incident was pure un-Constitional murder.

David Koresh went into town almost every day. They could have arrested him anytime he was there. Without their leader the people in the compound would have never resisted a search.

But the ATF wanted to stage a show and tell raid to justify all of the money they had spent on SWAT gear, training, and weapons.

RetiredGySgt is right.

The Waco incident was pure un-Constitional murder.

David Koresh went into town almost every day. They could have arrested him anytime he was there. Without their leader the people in the compound would have never resisted a search.

But the ATF wanted to stage a show and tell raid to justify all of the money they had spent on SWAT gear, training, and weapons.

Yup, exactly, they were being upstaged by high profile DEA raids and this office thought they could get their moment in the press.

Great plan by the way. Who thought up that one? " Hey guys I know this compound FULL of armed people that think the Government is gonna mount an armed raid on them, any day. Let's raid THAT place."

Palin's shown incredible intellect. She's shown that women can be both beautiful AND intelligent.
:lol: did you watch the couric or Gibson interviews?

None that involved lying about how her family died for sympathy votes.

now you are insinuating that Biden is lying about how is wife and child died? are you REALLY that big a piece of shit? wow.... you righties know no level that is to low for you to sink.

hey, RGS, if you want to talk about Waco why not make your own topic? I mean it hasn't been discussed NEARLY enough I'm sure. :cuckoo:

:lol: did you watch the couric or Gibson interviews?

now you are insinuating that Biden is lying about how is wife and child died? are you REALLY that big a piece of shit? wow.... you righties know no level that is to low for you to sink.

hey, RGS, if you want to talk about Waco why not make your own topic? I mean it hasn't been discussed NEARLY enough I'm sure. :cuckoo:

Nope, just admit you were wrong and I was not off topic at all and move on.

He has repeatedly said they were killed by a drunk driver, even though the driver of the other vehicle was never accused or tested of being under the influence.

And then using that experience for sympathy during the debate was cheap. It rivals Hillary's fake tears to win New Hampshire.

Nothing stupid about it.

/snipped because this has nothing to do with the thread topic

Yup Murder is the right word as far as I am concerned.

If you wanted to jump on your soapbox this morning .... why didn't you start your own thread? Or is that too difficult for you to attempt? :cuckoo:

You totally ignored what I said about it in your previous rant? :cuckoo:

We shall weep, and tear our clothing, we shall smear ashes upon our brow! Oh woe is me, woe is me, I am a poor wittle wiberal gwirl set back a thousand years by a wink? :lol: oh woe is me, woe is me. :eusa_boohoo::badgrin:

He has repeatedly said they were killed by a drunk driver, even though the driver of the other vehicle was never accused or tested of being under the influence.

And then using that experience for sympathy during the debate was cheap. It rivals Hillary's fake tears to win New Hampshire.

in 1972 I highly doubt they tested people for drunk driving for every accident.

Do you know the driver wasn't drunk? just because he wasn't charged? perhaps that is what Joe Biden believes based on what he was told at the time. you don't know. This is off topic just like the waco bullshit... :cuckoo:

Forum List

Back