Dearborn, Ameabia: Police Suspend Constitution

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by PoliticalChic, Jun 24, 2010.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,945
    "No one in authority stopped the non-Catholic groups from their efforts to proselytize the Catholic pilgrims (many of which were high school and college age). And, speaking as a Catholic who was at the event, I’m glad for that. I took the literature, read it, and engaged in conversations. For goodness sake, they were handing me a pamphlet, not pointing a gun at me. They told me I was going to hell by virtue of being Catholic. I disagreed and stated my case as to why. There was freedom here.

We, both the Catholics and the anti-Catholics, were Americans exercising our rights to free expression and freedom of religion.

Fast forward now to 2010, to Dearborn, Michigan, where an Arab Cultural Festival was recently held … a group of 3 Christians stood outside of the festival grounds and peacefully handed out the Gospel of John presented in both English and Arabic. They did not harass. They did not throw about epithets. They simply handed out a book for anyone willing to take one.

In about 3 minutes’ time … yes, just a scant 3 minutes … they were descended upon by no less than 8 Dearborn Police Officers. They were arrested and their video camera was confiscated."
    Amerabia | RedState

[youtube]<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Smw9QuH1xkA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Smw9QuH1xkA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Im pretty sure no one gives a shit if sharia has taken hold in an American city.

3. RetiredGySgt

RetiredGySgt Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,972
    These people should sue the city.

4. Bill O'Olberman

Bill O'Olberman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124
    So they were asked to protest five blocks away from the festival? The issue at hand kind of reminds me of Fred Phelps and his piece of shit church trying to protest military funerals but these people in that video are not as morally contemptible. I think both parties have a right to engage in such an form of expression but at a distance that doesnt interfere with others.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,718

That doesn't make sense to me. Why go to an Arab Cultural event and pass out Catholic doctrine? Isn't that just stirring the pot to be stirring the pot? It's no damn different than building a mosque within sight of the WTC. It's just shit stirring. I'm not in favor of that. It's just like a Jehovah Witness coming to my door. Get away from me. I'll never be a Jehovah Withness. It's harassment.

6. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,945
    Probably my greatest fear, and realization, is that America has raised a significant proportion of its population that are as ignorant of American principles as you are.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  7. kwc57

kwc57 BOHICA Obama

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,788
    They were not protesting.

8. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,930
    Muslims scream that loudest and protest in the most disobedient ways when Jews and Israel have any public speeches or festivals. Heck, they even disrupt local Hillel meetings and speakers. Yet they cry foul everytime someone give it back to them and in this case there was no disobedience or disruption whatsoever!

Muslims are hypocrites and the left is retarded for protecting them!

9. Bill O'Olberman

Bill O'Olberman Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +124
    Elaborate as to what principles I am ignorant of.

10. Mr.Fitnah

Mr.Fitnah Dreamcrusher

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,673
    Yeah .... well Glenn Beck is a slobbering dry drunk.