Palin: media 'double standard'

It's predictable that MSNBC would back up David Letterman. MSNBC has Keith Olbermann who HATES Sarah Palin, possibly even more than Rush Limbaugh hates Barack Obama. And also, Keith is good friends with Letterman, right? So it's typical that they would back him up. I for one and am extremely disappointed that David Letterman would say that, especially since I'm a fan of him. I actually expected somebody like Bill Maher to do this.

And also, why is the right-wing only bashing Letterman for this? While on the topic of Bill Maher, he called Sarah Palin a bimbo and GOT AWAY WITH THIS. What the Hell makes Letterman so "special"?

Because it's about the Palin's daughter (14-year old Willow) "getting knocked up in the 7th inning" joke. He also characterized Sarah as dressed as a slutty flight attendant, but that didn't make the grade. BTW, Sarah said that her 14 year old daughter WAS at the game; for those who've said she wasn't. Take note, Obama's oldest daughter is 14 years of age also.

Back when David Letterman was questioned about marrying his live in girlfriend after he knocked her up, he took great umbrage; so he's really hypocritical, and has a reason to be sensitive on this "issue".

Last edited:
It's predictable that MSNBC would back up David Letterman. MSNBC has Keith Olbermann who HATES Sarah Palin, possibly even more than Rush Limbaugh hates Barack Obama. And also, Keith is good friends with Letterman, right? So it's typical that they would back him up. I for one and am extremely disappointed that David Letterman would say that, especially since I'm a fan of him. I actually expected somebody like Bill Maher to do this.

And also, why is the right-wing only bashing Letterman for this? While on the topic of Bill Maher, he called Sarah Palin a bimbo and GOT AWAY WITH THIS. What the Hell makes Letterman so "special"?

Because it's about the Palin's daughter (14-year old Willow) "getting knocked up in the 7th inning" joke. He also characterized Sarah as dressed as a slutty flight attendant, but that didn't make the grade. BTW, Sarah said that her 14 year old daughter WAS at the game; for those who've said she wasn't. Take note, Obama's oldest daughter is 14 years of age also.

Back when David Letterman was questioned about marrying his live in girlfriend after he knocked her up, he took great umbrage; so he's really hypocritical, and has a reason to be sensitive on this "issue".

Yeah, exactly. I'd bet that pretty penny in wallet that if someone said shit about David Letterman, CBS and MSNBC would activate their Wonder Twin Powers and make sure that guy's wallet was kicked heavily in the crotch.

Obama's oldest daughter is 11 years of age. But that's irrelevant to the more obvious reality that the "knocked up" reference would not have made sense unless he was referring to Bristol.

Obama's oldest daughter is 11[?] years of age. But that's irrelevant to the more obvious reality that the "knocked up" reference would not have made sense unless he was referring to Bristol.
That SHOULD be the case if common sense had prevailed, but neither common sense nor reality were prevalent in this mockery of life, and the one and only daughter who actually was at the game that night was 14 year old Willow, that's a lock, and David blew it, and he should take his knocks.

Last edited:
Because it's about the Palin's daughter (14-year old Willow) "getting knocked up in the 7th inning" joke

The intended target was the older daughter. You folks are making way too much of this. I can understand Palin milking it for every bit of political ground she can gain but referring to her as the Margaret Thatcher of America? Are you fucking kidding me?

If Palin's kids are ok to use as the butt of tasteless jokes then Barry and Michelle's kids are fair game too, no holds barred. Seems fair.

Because it's about the Palin's daughter (14-year old Willow) "getting knocked up in the 7th inning" joke

The intended target was the older daughter. You folks are making way too much of this. I can understand Palin milking it for every bit of political ground she can gain but referring to her as the Margaret Thatcher of America? Are you fucking kidding me?

Hey....David screwed up. He’s an Indiana-Home-boy and as such I’ve always been willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, in spite of the thug look of those he surrounds himself with on his show. Jay Leno would've instantly cleared this mess up, and not have made that phony-baloney-faux-non-apology that David made. He's shown himself not to be man enough to do even that, and that sucks. Women notice this and that empowers Sarah Palin.

But to your other “issue” her as the Margaret Thatcher of America: More than any other woman in American politics today she has the potential to fill that role. After what we will we have gone through once the present administration is out of office, a "mother figure" will be welcome on the political scene, and Sarah Palin has total self control, and command of any situation with toughs in the media. When anyone puts a tough question to her, she doesn't giggle and veer away, nor spin like another admired high ranking woman in American politics.

Consequently it’s obvious she commands brilliant common sense and fits the real female vision of admirable power in America; consider the motherhood instincts in this beautiful woman.

Hey, Even Camille Paglia said she was impressed with Sarah Palin; SO NO...I'm not fucking kidding you. (in your choice of common vernacular)

You will notice that I don’t bother to bring up any of the obvious deficiencies of our present President. I don’t need to.

Last edited:
Tough interview of Palin and she knocked everything out of the park (no pun intended). She oozes common sense, a complete command of the language and topics no matter how varied.
g.

yes, when she spoke about the gas pipe, i was like :eek:, she was smooth as hell
i think at times her accent makes some people think she's dumb

I think her accent resinates well in this country. She's got a little "slur" & you can find that in the southern & midwestern states. That covers alot of ground. Heck, I have lived in Colorado all my life (native)--& because of my slight "slur" am constantly asked if I am from Texas.

Last edited:
Tough interview of Palin and she knocked everything out of the park (no pun intended). She oozes common sense, a complete command of the language and topics no matter how varied.
g.

yes, when she spoke about the gas pipe, i was like :eek:, she was smooth as hell
i think at times her accent makes some people think she's dumb

I think her accent resinates well in this country. She's got a little "slur" & you can find that in the southern & midwestern states. That covers alot of ground. Heck, I have lived in Colorado all my life (native)--& because of my slight "slur" am constantly asked if I am from Texas.
Don't agree, any idiosyncrasies in her speech pattern are northern, like Michigan or the US northern tier of states; so please don't try to pin a Southern or Texas label on her. I've lived in the North, the South, the far S.West and the East, being in the military, living and talking with people from all parts of the country, and I can usually pin down an "accent" or dialect within a hundred miles or so except with the far Northwest. My first inclination, when hearing some of her vowels and that " lilt " in her speech is to locate her pattern in Minnesota.

Last edited:
That SHOULD be the case if common sense had prevailed, but neither common sense nor reality were prevalent in this mockery of life, and the one and only daughter who actually was at the game that night was 14 year old Willow, that's a lock, and David blew it, and he should take his knocks.

Whether he does or doesn't is his prerogative; I'm not so focused on popular culture as to permit it to distract from legitimate political issues, but it doesn't appear as though the governor of Alaska is the same. All the same, I sincerely doubt that he was familiar enough with that family to differentiate between the daughters...but the mother of that family certainly is, and chose to consciously take a little "dig" at him with an informed perspective that he lacked.

honestly why do people expect comedians to be responsible and be tasteful. Letterman is a fool like the rest of the comedians on TV. its what they do. now if Letterman was someone important i might care.

The connection they fail to make is just that, the intended target, sorry, but David is more clueless than I am about who's who ... and I wouldn't know the difference if someone said one name or the other except that I keep reading about it here. Honestly, one of Palin's daughters IS a fucking slut, he just slipped up, I didn't even know one was at a sport game and I still laughed at it, didn't need to know all the details. The other funny thing is, I would never have heard the joke if it wasn't for all the faux outrage, but now I like it and may use the same joke (with a little PC tweaking to avoid more faux outrage of course) myself.

Tweaked for the Politically Correct Police:

You know why Palins other daughter wasn't in the stands at the game, she was too busy getting knocked up by A-Rod in the seventh inning!

Oh ... the horror!

The connection they fail to make is just that, the intended target, sorry, but David is more clueless than I am about who's who ... and I wouldn't know the difference if someone said one name or the other except that I keep reading about it here. Honestly, one of Palin's daughters IS a fucking slut, he just slipped up, I didn't even know one was at a sport game and I still laughed at it, didn't need to know all the details. The other funny thing is, I would never have heard the joke if it wasn't for all the faux outrage, but now I like it and may use the same joke (with a little PC tweaking to avoid more faux outrage of course) myself.

how is she a slut, b/c she had a baby at 18, that's not a slut:eusa_hand:

If you're old enough to take on the resposibility and consequences of unprotected sex, as the daughter of the highest profile politician in Alaska, you should be old enough to absorb the ridicule. Of course Palin's idea of birth control probably consists of her daughter's being counseled by some pastor on the unholyness of pre-marital sex. Actual sex education could have prevented the Letterman effect. Let this be a lesson to all of you who think you can keep your kid's pants on by telling them how fiithy pre-marital sex is.

Of course Palin's idea of birth control probably consists

Oh the straw argument.

That sure clears it up.

Of course Palin's idea of birth control probably consists

Oh the straw argument.

That sure clears it up.

Not an argument, just commentary. But don't you believe that one should be prepared to live with the consequences of sex?

Forum List

Back