Palin: media 'double standard'

Don Imus lost his job over that joke about a womens college basketball team ..........

Pssshhaawww ... like I give a shit now with everyone jumping on David for his joke.

Letterman is a boring hack that isn't the least bit funny, i agree. Just pointing out the double standard........

The double standard goes both ways ... wingnuts on both sides use it. My point is that those who are crying foul about this, also defended their "own" for their bad jokes.

First and foremost I like the smackdown Contessa Brewer got...classic. She is such a dimwit too. Defending sexist crap and nasty attacks against Governor Palin, and then getting mad because she is supposedly "insulted" by being called on her crap. HAHAHAHA....what a moron.

The irony of her attempting to imply Palin should just accept the insults and be ok with it - then within a minute she is crying to turn off the guy's mike because he is making a fool out of her and her network's idiotic attempts at journalistic integrity.

This female reporter on MSN--NBC stated that she has had those type of comments directed at her--& look she is still alive. Funny--but I don't remember those comments being directed at this female MSN-NBC reporter on NATIONAL TELEVISION?

For you liberals: I know that Chelse Clinton & Amy Carter had some horrible things said about them. The comments made about them are indefensible.

During the campaign season--When Hillary Clinton & Obama were toe to toe--Chelse was asked horrible questions about the filandering of her father. THESE QUESTIONS CAME FROM THE LEFT WING MEDIA--MSN-NBC. Fox news blasted these reporters time & time again for asking these type questions of Chelse.

There is nothing more disgusting to me than an old man in his 60's, making sexual comments about a young girl. Regardless if the child of a politician is 2 to 65 they should be off-limits to these kind of attacks. They are not running for elected office, they are simply the consequence of their parents political ambitions. They're just there.

So to all you liberal feminist women who have their thumbs stuck in their mouths--about these attacks on a child of a politican-- Ask yourselves now: What woman-who has a family, in her right mind, would want to run for elected office now?

Last edited:
For you liberals: I know that Chelse Clinton & Amy Carter had some horrible things said about them. The comments made about them are indefensible.

During the campaign season--When Hillary Clinton & Obama were toe to toe--Chelse was asked horrible questions about the filandering of her farther. THESE QUESTIONS CAME FROM THE LEFT WING MEDIA--MSN-NBC. Fox news blasted these reporters time & time again for asking these type questions of Chelse.

I think what these liberal reporter women FAIL To realise: By LETTERMAN'S comments--attacking a female politician & her daughter---what woman with a family--in her right mind--would ever run for elected office?

How about instead of showing "outrage" over some 60 yr. old late night comedians lame attempt at an off color sex joke you show some outrage over REAL crimes against children seeing as there are so many these days. Case in point the little girl that went missing in Michigan near me...5 year old Nevaeh Buchannon, where is the outrage towards that....that is a case of a sad tragedy, Lettermans "jokes" are an ant hill compared to that!

First and foremost I like the smackdown Contessa Brewer got...classic. She is such a dimwit too. Defending sexist crap and nasty attacks against Governor Palin, and then getting mad because she is supposedly "insulted" by being called on her crap. HAHAHAHA....what a moron.

The irony of her attempting to imply Palin should just accept the insults and be ok with it - then within a minute she is crying to turn off the guy's mike because he is making a fool out of her and her network's idiotic attempts at journalistic integrity.

I would like to see how this female reporter of MSN-NBC would have reacted if all the comments directed at her--were televised NATIONALLY. "That may have got her blood pressure up a little"--LOL

During the campaign season--When Hillary Clinton & Obama were toe to toe--Chelse was asked horrible questions about the filandering of her farther. THESE QUESTIONS CAME FROM THE LEFT WING MEDIA--MSN-NBC. Fox news blasted these reporters time & time again for asking these type questions of Chelse.

I think what these liberal reporter women FAIL To realise: By LETTERMAN'S comments--attacking a female politician & her daughter---what woman with a family--in her right mind--would ever run for elected office?

How about instead of showing "outrage" over some 60 yr. old late night comedians lame attempt at an off color sex joke you show some outrage over REAL crimes against children seeing as there are so many these days. Case in point the little girl that went missing in Michigan near me...5 year old Nevaeh Buchannon, where is the outrage towards that....that is a case of a sad tragedy, Lettermans "jokes" are an ant hill compared to that!

Yeah right--Obviously you have no clue that our Television programs have a lot to do with the crime rate in this country--along with sexual predetors.

I grew up in the 50's with Mayberry RFD & I Love Lucy. Childhood predetors we knew nothing about--BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T EXIST. We actually used to go outside & play by ourselves--walk the streets alone--& our parents didn't get worried until after dinner time. Then it was a call out the door that could be heard 3 blocks away--JIMMY IT'S TIME FOR DINNER.

With David Letterman's comments we now have freakish 60+ year old men out there believing it's O.K. to make sexual comments about young girls. Ha.Ha--how funny.

Yeah right--Obviously you have no clue that our Television programs have a lot to do with the crime rate in this country--along with sexual predetors.

I grew up in the 50's with Mayberry RFD & I Love Lucy. Childhood predetors we knew nothing about--BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T EXIST. We actually used to go outside & play by ourselves--walk the streets alone--& our parents didn't get worried until after dinner time. Then it was a call out the door that could be heard 3 blocks away--JIMMY IT'S TIME FOR DINNER.

With David Letterman's comments we now have freakish 60+ year old men out there believing it's O.K. to make sexual comments about young girls. Ha.Ha--how funny.

so by YOUR logic a late night talk show guys lame attempt at a joke, which failed sends men and women out to harm kids....OOOOOOOOKKKKKKK!!!:cuckoo:

so by YOUR logic a late night talk show guys lame attempt at a joke, which failed sends men and women out to harm kids....OOOOOOOOKKKKKKK!!!:cuckoo:

Yes--that is exactly what I am implying. There are a lot of weirdo's in this country that are extremely dangerous. Not only did David Letterman give the impression that it's O.K. to attack young women with verbal sexual abuse--He also gave a green light--to any MAN who is on the verge of insanity--to sexually attack women in general.

David Letterman's sexual comments were not only against Sarah Palin in this country--they were against EVERY woman in this country. He belittled every one of them--showing his MALE superiority over them. Now ask yourself: What does the mind of a insane--violent male--who hates women--going to do with his comments? I imagine he has got it taped & it will be played over & over again--to justify his hate toward women in general. "They're nothing but a bunch of "sluts."

Last edited:
Amazing.

This MSNBC/NBC reporter actually goes to great lengths to defend Letterman's anti-Palin remarks and states Palin should not have been offended.

Then this same reporter GETS OFFENDED when the person she is interviewing starts making fun of her network's lack of jounalistic integrity!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

YouTube - John Ziegler vs Contessa Brewer " CUT HIS MIC !!! "

WOW! who really gives a crap! I saw the show that he told the jokes on and gave a small giggle, were noit completely funny but found NO offense with them...lighten up and get a sense of humor, arent you all the same that make degrading jokes about Obama...continually linking him to saddam cause of his name.....just saying!

Well I am glad to find someone that thinks it is funny to make jokes about a 14 year old girl being knocked-up by a professional ball player.

Maybe you are the same person that would find humor in a mass slaying.

Yes--that is exactly what I am implying. There are a lot of weirdo's in this country that are extremely dangerous. Not only did David Letterman give the impression that it's O.K. to attack young women with verbal sexual abuse--He also gave a green light--to any MAN who is on the verge of insanity--to sexually attack women in general.

David Letterman's sexual comments were not only against Sarah Palin in this country--they were against EVERY woman in this country. He belittled every one of them--showing his MALE superiority over them. Now ask yourself: What does the mind of a insane--violent male--who hates women--going to do with his comments? I imagine he has got it taped & it will be played over & over again--to justify his hate toward women in general. "They're nothing but a bunch of "sluts."

Very true - when the open and aggressive demeaning of women - including underage girls, is not only accepted, but even promoted on national TV, all women - all girls, are put at increased risk.

Letterman's comments remain among the worst sexist example against women by a national media figure.

Very true - when the open and aggressive demeaning of women - including underage girls, is not only accepted, but even promoted on national TV, all women - all girls, are put at increased risk.

Letterman's comments remain among the worst sexist example against women by a national media figure.

Right--David Letterman by using his MALE superiorty on National T.V.--just labeled every woman who puts on makeup a SLUT. Total disrespect for EVERY single woman in this country. It's DANGEROUS--it puts every single woman at risk--for an attack by some woman hating MALE--that is capable of using these comments to justify their next attack on any woman or female child.

Just like this liberal female reporter on MSN-NBC who is defending Letterman's comments--I sure don't see the liberal women on this board--saying ANYTHING. Therefore, I must assume that women of the democrat party have decided to take a back-seat to what they have fought for decades-- a MALE dominated SUPERIOR sex nation.

Last edited:

Right--David Letterman by using his MALE superiorty on National T.V.--just labeled every woman who puts on makeup a SLUT. Total disrespect for EVERY single woman in this country. It's DANGEROUS--it puts every single woman at risk--for an attack by some woman hating MALE--that is capable of using these comments to justify their next attack on any woman or female child.

Just like this liberal female reporter on MSN-NBC who is defending Letterman's comments--I sure don't see the liberal women on this board--saying ANYTHING. Therefore, I must assume that women of the democrat party have decided to take a back-seat to what they have fought for decades-- a MALE dominated SUPERIOR sex nation.

Well said - it is very dissapointing to see some female participants in here jump to defend Letterman. Then we had Agno not only defend Letterman, but the concept of underage sex as being perfectly acceptable. As he put it - if they child has the "ability" sex is fine, and there should be no laws of consent because such laws are "intrusive".

The entire conversation regarding what Letterman did was very telling.

There is a disturbing number in here who appear to condone what Letterman did, which in effect, is supporting the sexual objectification of females, including teenage girls.

That is appalling.

Is your head full of brain matter or cement? I don't give a fuck if the joke was about Piper and was a full-fledged rape joke; Letterman is merely an entertainer and not a political commentator, and can indulge in dark humor as he pleases without clowns who likely don't even watch his show spamming a political message board with a sea of moronic whining. That said, all signs indicate that the joke in question was about Bristol, an adult, else the reference to being "knocked up" would not have made sense.

Governor Sarah Palin does a fantastic job, despite Matt Lauer's subtle defense of Letterman's position, and blasts not only Letterman, but the culture of sexism that so many of the political left repeatedly engage in against conservative women.

Well done Governor Palin.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVC2qah1DU]YouTube - Palin Continues to Distort Letterman's Jokes on the Today Show[/ame]

If I were her I would run his sorry ass through the legal system for a bit.. I'll even donate for the cause.

POLITICO 44 | A Living Diary of the Obama Presidency

vid in the link from the today show from today

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said David Letterman’s explanation of a joke about her daughter is “weak” and accused him of continuing a political double standard that began during the presidential campaign.

“Remember in the campaign, Barack Obama said family’s off-limits — you don’t talk about my family — and the candidate that must be obeyed, everybody adhered to that and they did leave his family alone,” Palin said in an interview with Matt Lauer on NBC’s “Today” show. “They haven’t done that on the other side of the ticket, and it has continued to this day.”

Letterman made a joke about adult men having sex with a Palin teenage daughter. The joke appeared to be about her 14-year-old daughter, Willow. Letterman later said he said he was referring to Palin’s daughter Bristol, who is 18.

She said she isn’t buying Letterman’s explanation, calling it a “very convenient excuse” and that anyone who does is “extremely naïve.”

“It took him a couple days to think of that excuse,” she said.

Palin, who said she first learned of the joke when she was doing an interview with radio host John Ziegler, does not want an apology from Letterman.

“He doesn’t have to apologize to me. I would like him to see him apologize to young women across the country,” she said. “It’s not cool. It’s not funny.”

At one point in the roughly 10-minute interview from Texas, where she is working on a deal for a natural gas pipeline, she read an email off of her BlackBerry from someone she said is not “a known feminist” but believes even male organizations should take a stand when a “so-called comedian” shows disrespect to women.

“It’s a sad commentary as a culture, as a society to chuckle and laugh through comments such as he had made the other night,” Palin said. As for her office’s comment in response to suggestions that she go on Letterman’s show that it would be wise to keep Willow away from the late night host, she was vague.

“Maybe he couldn’t be trusted because Willow’s had enough of his comments,” she said.

“It was a degrading comment about a young woman,” she said.

Palin also discussed her status in the Republican Party.

She said her position as the GOP’s biggest fundraising draw does “absolutely not necessarily” mean she’s the face of the Republican Party.

“I don’t think I need any kind of title to effect change,” Palin said. “Nobody’s entitled to any kind of front-running position in the GOP.”

Forum List

Back