Palin Draws Strong Applause

It was packed. A few statist libs left - the rest stayed and were impressed.

Palin did a great job...

so true, a 75 min speech to boot. the obamabots had nothing good to say as was expected so they really dont matter. everyone else was impressed and the liberal myth of Palin the dumb stupid female was once again shown for the besmirchment it is.

So because she can relate a speech written by someone else and take questions that were planned ahead of time, makes her smart?? Not to mention the fact that she was talking bad about our country in a foreign country? Yes...she should be able to run against Ahmedinjad next time around!

you still gargling marbles ya fag? i thought you put me on ignore, do youruself a favor and get to it ya sissy.

so true, a 75 min speech to boot. the obamabots had nothing good to say as was expected so they really dont matter. everyone else was impressed and the liberal myth of Palin the dumb stupid female was once again shown for the besmirchment it is.

So because she can relate a speech written by someone else and take questions that were planned ahead of time, makes her smart?? Not to mention the fact that she was talking bad about our country in a foreign country? Yes...she should be able to run against Ahmedinjad next time around!

you still gargling marbles ya fag? i thought you put me on ignore, do youruself a favor and get to it ya sissy.

Does this mean that as usual, you won't or can't answer the question?

Early feedback on Palin speech from an one who was there...

Early reaction to Sarah Palin's Hong Kong Speech

Catherine Yu Yeun Chen posted the following on Sarah Palin's Facebook page:

"I have really great news, a friend who attended the Forum where Mrs Palin made the Keynote Speech at the CLSA Investor's Forum, just while ago, said: Sarah Palin was received with the biggest round of applause it took 3 minutes at least before she was able to start her Speech and that the Speech itself was brilliant and astute and that she took China to task aggressivaly but without been offensive or rude, and she answered many questions brilliantly and smartly after the speech itself, and she was looking beautiful and relaxed and again received a standing applause, but my friend can not tell me anything about the speech-address, it is CLSA rules, and it is up to Sarah and the Organizers to decide whether the speech will be available for public reading."

Texas for Sarah Palin: Early reaction to Sarah Palin's Hong Kong Speech

:lol::lol:

From the Huff Post...

I ended up tweeting the talk and other than her comment on the Fed, I think it's somewhat accurate. Her strongest parts of the talk, whether you agree with them or not, were on domestic concerns and what she called 'the view from Main Street'. I actually happen to live on a Main Street (in a small town) and not sure most of my neighbors wouldn't agree with her views on the success of Thatcher-ite policies and that cap and tax (trade) will cause more unemployment and do nothing for the environment.

Palin took time to urge Obama to increase troop deployment in Afghanistan and reminded attendees it was the 'US military presence in Asia that allowed it to prosper'. Then she took the risky move of criticizing China on Taiwan and Tibet, noting it needed to be a more responsible global citizen and allow greater freedom for its people.

Read more at: Cameron Sinclair: On Keynoting the Same Event as Palin in Hong Kong

So she read off notes on the podium instead. Big fuckin whoop.

And her speech was written by others, with questions arraigned beforehand. This is was an entire scripted act. However wingnuts like Sinatra eat it up like candy.

From those who were left. Reports indicate people left early....

It was packed. A few statist libs left - the rest stayed and were impressed.

Palin did a great job...

Well, if your speech consists of rhetoric and talking points that you'd memorized from the campaign train (anyone else notice how her speeches all sounded the same), as well as have a SET QUESTION AND ANSWER SESSION THAT IS SCRIPTED, well........shit........anyone can loot smart, even you Fallen Titties.

Remember how they made Bush look like he was intelligent? Same fucking drill.

"I have really great news, a friend who attended the Forum where Mrs Palin made the Keynote Speech at the CLSA Investor's Forum, just while ago, said: Sarah Palin was received with the biggest round of applause it took 3 minutes at least before she was able to start her Speech and that the Speech itself was brilliant and astute and that she took China to task aggressivaly but without been offensive or rude, and she answered many questions brilliantly and smartly after the speech itself, and she was looking beautiful and relaxed and again received a standing applause, but my friend can not tell me anything about the speech-address, it is CLSA rules, and it is up to Sarah and the Organizers to decide whether the speech will be available for public reading."

Melvin Goodé, a regional marketing consultant, thought Mrs. Palin chose Hong Kong because, he said, it was “a place where things happen and where freedom can be expanded upon.”

“It’s not Beijing or Shanghai,” said Mr. Goodé . “She also mentioned Tibet, Burma and North Korea in the same breath as places where China should be more sensitive and careful about how people are treated. She said it on a human-rights level.”

Mr. Goodé, an African-American who said he did some campaign polling for President Obama, said Mrs. Palin mentioned President Obama three times on Wednesday.

“And there was nothing derogatory in it, no sleight of hand, and believe me, I was listening for that,” he said, adding that Mrs. Palin referred to Mr. Obama as “our president,” with the emphasis on “our.”

Mr. Goodé, a New Yorker who said he would never vote for Mrs. Palin, said she acquitted herself well.

“They really prepared her well,” he said. “She was articulate and she held her own. I give her credit. They’ve tried to categorize her as not being bright. She’s bright.”

i like that she spoke up for human rights while in china and focused on burma and tibet and N. korea. Palin has nothing to lose and everyting to gain the perfect position to be in.

Melvin Goodé, a regional marketing consultant, thought Mrs. Palin chose Hong Kong because, he said, it was “a place where things happen and where freedom can be expanded upon.”

“It’s not Beijing or Shanghai,” said Mr. Goodé . “She also mentioned Tibet, Burma and North Korea in the same breath as places where China should be more sensitive and careful about how people are treated. She said it on a human-rights level.”

Mr. Goodé, an African-American who said he did some campaign polling for President Obama, said Mrs. Palin mentioned President Obama three times on Wednesday.

“And there was nothing derogatory in it, no sleight of hand, and believe me, I was listening for that,” he said, adding that Mrs. Palin referred to Mr. Obama as “our president,” with the emphasis on “our.”

Mr. Goodé, a New Yorker who said he would never vote for Mrs. Palin, said she acquitted herself well.

“They really prepared her well,” he said. “She was articulate and she held her own. I give her credit. They’ve tried to categorize her as not being bright. She’s bright.”

i like that she spoke up for human rights while in china and focused on burma and tibet and N. korea. Palin has nothing to lose and everyting to gain the perfect position to be in.

Agreed - it appears she was respectful while also being forceful regarding China.

Her words regarding America were hopeful, while also giving warnings of Obama's intended path toward larger and more intrusive government.

By almost all accounts, the audience reaction to her speech was very positive and enthusiastic.

It will be interesting to see where she goes from here.

Why is it anytime I posted threads about Palin, posters like Sinatra and Fatality told me that Palin was old news and I needed to move on and stop focusing on her? Now...here they are authoring threads about her and sounding off on how great her speech was. How many times can they show their hypocrisy?

Why is it anytime I posted threads about Palin, posters like Sinatra and Fatality told me that Palin was old news and I needed to move on and stop focusing on her? Now...here they are authoring threads about her and sounding off on how great her speech was. How many times can they show their hypocrisy?

___

There are no posters "like me".

Dishonesty is not interesting.

Try and step it up, m-kay?

___

There are no posters "like me".

Dishonesty is not interesting.

Try and step it up, m-kay?

Of course there are no posters like you Sinatra.........the rest of us have actual brains!

Agreed - it appears she was respectful while also being forceful regarding China.

Her words regarding America were hopeful, while also giving warnings of Obama's intended path toward larger and more intrusive government.

By almost all accounts, the audience reaction to her speech was very positive and enthusiastic.

yep, i can respect a person who stands up for what is right in the face of those who are committing the offense. it gives me a glimps of how she would respond to china and the rest if she was president, though its still early and further development of a real foreign policy is no doubt coming.

Last edited:

yep, i can respect a person who stands up for what is right in the face of those who are comitting the offense. it gives me a glimps of how she would respond to china and the rest if she was president, though its still early and further development of a real foreign policy is no doubt coming.

For now she is a needed voice of common sense conservatism.

Whether or not she develops beyond that into an actual political movement remains to be seen...

yep, i can respect a person who stands up for what is right in the face of those who are comitting the offense. it gives me a glimps of how she would respond to china and the rest if she was president, though its still early and further development of a real foreign policy is no doubt coming.

For now she is a needed voice of common sense conservatism.

Whether or not she develops beyond that into an actual political movement remains to be seen...

true, this is just the beginning, a strong start and the future looks promising.

i like the cherry picking of comments about THE SPEECH

here are some other comments:

Palin speaks of China's rise in speech - UPI.com

Fund manager Rajesh Kothari told the U.S. broadcaster Palin's "address was more geared towards politics and very focused on China. She did speak about the political implications of China's rise on Asia and the region, and China with America. I was quite impressed by her knowledge. It seemed like she did her homework now, this time around."

Mel Goode, a New York business developer who lives in Hong Kong, told CNN it appeared Palin had "learned quite a bit" from her vice presidential campaign, adding, "I am sure she's taken enough criticism where, at this point, she would definitely try to learn a little bit in her mistakes."

Some early exits as Palin woos Hong Kong investors - CNN.com

"I can't say I was actually impressed," said Mel Goode, a business developer from New York who lives in Hong Kong. "She speaks well -- a broad spectrum of what her beliefs are, family views.

"She didn't get (into) anything too harsh ... just kept it, five children, my husband's here, we believe in what Asia's doing, America has a way to go to get itself back together, Reaganism."

Chad Tendler, who works in the financial industry, said Palin's speech tried "to tick a lot of boxes," touching on domestic and foreign policy, as well as issues that resonate with investors. He said she spoke about the U.S. relationship with China and recent issues, such as a tariff dispute between the two nations involving the sale of tires.

She talked about her family, her interests and even Alaskan moose, he said.

"She said on her way to the airport in Anchorage, there was a moose in the town," he said. "As she arrived in Hong Kong, coming in from the airport, she was surprised -- not surprised -- but, very different from the rural setting to an urban setting."
Wheeler said Palin would be in Hong Kong only for the speech, adding that it was a short trip. Chinese-language media did not give much coverage to her appearance, and some residents and visitors were surprised to learn she was in town.

adorable, a round of applause :clap2::clap2:

she did her homework this time, hahahah

Forum List

Back