Palin Brown show true progressive colors

Why did McCain suck up to Bush and help him in 2004 after they way Bush cricified him in 2000?

Party above all else for some.

Oh, hes a "maverick" alright willing to cross party lines .
Mccain/Fiengold.

I have no problem with bipartisan politics when needed. Party line extremism that dictates the idea that either one of the parties holds all the answers that destroying this country.
McCain seems to always find common ground with progressives without regard to party affiliation. Progressivism is an ideology not a party.

Mccain/Fiengold.

I have no problem with bipartisan politics when needed. Party line extremism that dictates the idea that either one of the parties holds all the answers that destroying this country.
McCain seems to always find common ground with progressives without regard to party affiliation. Progressivism is an ideology not a party.

Example?

Mccain/Fiengold.

Couldn't agree more. Bipartisanship can work if they let it. Both parties have smart members. They should learn to work together for the good of we the people.

Neither party does hold all the answers is right. These guys need to bury the hatchet and start working together for the good of the country. Common sense. Oh wait. Aint' any of that in DC.

Why did McCain suck up to Bush and help him in 2004 after they way Bush cricified him in 2000?

Getting the party elected trumps all else.

That's a political truth that spans both sides...not just a McCain or GOP thing.

Nope getting the one elected that best represents the people trumps all else.
That is supposed to be the way of America.

That's a political truth that spans both sides...not just a McCain or GOP thing.

lol....so what your saying is that since McCain did not recognize that the Dems "best represented" the people and campaign for John Kerry he is somehow a worse man, and somehow a unique evil within American politics?

lol....so what your saying is that since McCain did not recognize that the Dems "best represented" the people and campaign for John Kerry he is somehow a worse man, and somehow a unique evil within American politics?

Ohh no that is politics as it is.

However the people that vote for the politicians should realize they are being used as tool fools.

Example?
Political expediency caused him to put on the cloak of conservatism his record says something else

McCain, the Arizona senator, dismayed Latinos last year when he stepped back from his immigration bill that would have tightened the borders and legalized undocumented immigrants. As boos and hisses from angry Republican conservatives grew louder at campaign events, he switched course and vowed to “first” secure the borders. Were his failed bill to come up again, he would not vote for it, he said.

McCain?s immigration zigzag - Gebe Martinez - POLITICO.com

Last edited:

Ohh no that is politics as it is.

However the people that vote for the politicians should realize they are being used as tool fools.

No argument on that one.

McCain vows to fight global warming
Email|Link|Comments (38)Posted by John Yemma January 7, 2008 04:30 PM
By Michael Kranish, Globe Staff

CONCORD, N.H. -- In his final push for a primary victory, Senator John McCain arrived here this afternoon and made a pitch that might have surprised voters: He cast himself as the environmentalist of the presidential campaign.

"I will clean up the planet," McCain said. "I will make global warming a priority.

McCain vows to fight global warming - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

CONCORD, N.H. -- In his final push for a primary victory, Senator John McCain arrived here this afternoon and made a pitch that might have surprised voters: He cast himself as the environmentalist of the presidential campaign.

"I will clean up the planet," McCain said. "I will make global warming a priority.

McCain vows to fight global warming - 2008 Presidential Campaign Blog - Political Intelligence - Boston.com

LMAO

Thanks, you got reps for that.

We'll argue the merits of the stance later.

But am I to take it from these posts that you consider McCain a Progressive sympathizer based on his willingness to cross party lines when needed and a statement made about global warming that does not conform to the extremist view?

We'll argue the merits of the stance later.

But am I to take it from these posts that you consider McCain a Progressive sympathizer based on his willingness to cross party lines when needed and a statement made about global warming that does not conform to the extremist view?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYsKiA3Myyw&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - McCain Flip-Flops On Tax Cuts[/ame]

Example?
Political expediency caused him to put on the cloak of conservatism his record says something else

McCain, the Arizona senator, dismayed Latinos last year when he stepped back from his immigration bill that would have tightened the borders and legalized undocumented immigrants. As boos and hisses from angry Republican conservatives grew louder at campaign events, he switched course and vowed to “first” secure the borders. Were his failed bill to come up again, he would not vote for it, he said.

McCain?s immigration zigzag - Gebe Martinez - POLITICO.com

This is the low hanging fruit.
You can argue that McCain has no core beliefs at all and there for cannot be a progressive and in that you may have a point , a rather dull one, but a point never the less.
Go ahead and support McCain.
Im in florida, I wont be moving back to Arizona anytime soon to cancel your vote.
I have to stop Charlie Crist.

To hell with that Party-line shit.

I would not vote for JD Heyworth if someone was holding a gun to my head. McCain has his faults, but still a damn sight better than some ex-sports desk Limbaugh clone neo-con.

I will vote McCain, despite that hack Sara Palin invading my state.

who is running against mccain(yeah im too lazy to google it right now)....i'll compare the 2 canidates and tell you which one I like better if you are interested.

EDIT: McCain is a neo-con BTW, a classic Neo-Con. So, what is a 'neocon'? - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

Only someone who based their opinion of McCain on the picture the Dems painted of him during the election would call McCain a neo-con. He has been a thorn in the GOP's side for years, which is why the so-called Republican base whined and gnashed teeth when he won the nomination.

did you at least read the article? The description of a neo-con provided by several people in the article fits mccain which is why i said he is a classic neo-con.

Forum List

Back