Palestinians Reject Two State Solution

The Arabs who started calling themselves "Palestinian" a few decades back for political purposes have never wanted a separate state. They could have had one at just about any point in time over the last 70 years if A -- they were an actual, distinct people and B -- actually wanted a state.

The Palestinians were Palestinians when the Zionists called the area Palestine at the first Zionist Conference in Basel at least in the late 1800s.

The Palestinians sought independence as a people and declared such in correspondence with the British Colonial Office in 1921-1922. You are ignorant of the facts.

"PALESTINE.
CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE PALESTINE ARAB
DELEGATION AND THE ZIONIST ORGANISATION.

No. 1.
The Palestine Arab Delegation to the Secretary of State for the Colonies.

HOTEL CECIL,
London, W.C.,
February 21st, 1922.
Sir,
We wish to express our thanks to the Right Honourable the Secretary of State for the Colonies, for his courtesy in allowing us to see the draft of a proposed Palestine Order in Council embodying a scheme of Government for Palestine, and to discuss the same in our capacity of representatives of the Arab People of Palestine......Whilst the position in Palestine is, as it stands to-day, with the British Government holding authority by an occupying force, and using that authority to impose upon the people against their wishes a great immigration of alien Jews, many of them of a Bolshevik revolutionary type, no constitution which would fall short of giving the People of Palestine full control of their own affairs could be acceptable."

UK correspondence with Palestine Arab Delegation and Zionist Organization/British policy in Palestine: "Churchill White Paper" - UK documentation Cmd. 1700/Non-UN document (excerpts) (1 July 1922)

So, you think your posting of some article referring to them simply as Arabs as I stated somehow proves they identified as "Palestinian".

I realized you were stupid, Monte, but not THAT stupid.

They refer to themselves as the "People of Palestine" you moron.

Funny, funny, funny! So then if I refer to myself & my family as "people of Palestine", does that make me a Palestinian? Seriously Monte, you are a blast.

Yeah, if you didn't know this yet, Monti is much more educated therefore much smarter than anyone else on this board. Just wait for him to tell us. Again.

Thanks for the acknowledgement, but when you make absurd assertions, it isn't too difficult to make you look like a fool. Maybe you should read the source material before you respond in the future. So, your false assertion that there were no Palestinians until Arafat has been debunked, once and for all. At least on this forum. God knows the number of sites you parrot the Zionist propaganda on.
You're still befuddled by terms and definitions. "Pal'istanians" as a national identity was an invention of Arafat in the late 1960's.

You are among a few others who seem to believe that your mythical "country of Pal'istan" existed at some time in the past.

You understand that Disneyland (like Pal'istan) is not a country, right?

No one takes you seriously. Posting Zionist propaganda debunked long ago and in this forum is why you are not taken seriously. The Palestinian national identify was re-established de facto when the representatives of the Christian and Muslim inhabitants declared themselves representatives of the People of Palestine in correspondence with the British Colonial Office in 1922. Of course, the people inhabiting the Roman province of Palaestina were known as Palaestinorum (Palestinian in Latin) 2,000 years ago as well.

Okay Monte. Lets have some fun. Everyone who takes Monte seriously please identify yourself.

HELLO! ANYBODY HOME?

I see you are frantic to receive moral support, you little coward. How can anyone support a dummy that thinks Archbishops are Muslims? :biggrin:

The Palestinians were Palestinians when the Zionists called the area Palestine at the first Zionist Conference in Basel at least in the late 1800s.

The Palestinians sought independence as a people and declared such in correspondence with the British Colonial Office in 1921-1922. You are ignorant of the facts.

"PALESTINE.

No. 1.

HOTEL CECIL,
London, W.C.,
February 21st, 1922.
Sir,
We wish to express our thanks to the Right Honourable the Secretary of State for the Colonies, for his courtesy in allowing us to see the draft of a proposed Palestine Order in Council embodying a scheme of Government for Palestine, and to discuss the same in our capacity of representatives of the Arab People of Palestine......Whilst the position in Palestine is, as it stands to-day, with the British Government holding authority by an occupying force, and using that authority to impose upon the people against their wishes a great immigration of alien Jews, many of them of a Bolshevik revolutionary type, no constitution which would fall short of giving the People of Palestine full control of their own affairs could be acceptable."

UK correspondence with Palestine Arab Delegation and Zionist Organization/British policy in Palestine: "Churchill White Paper" - UK documentation Cmd. 1700/Non-UN document (excerpts) (1 July 1922)

So, you think your posting of some article referring to them simply as Arabs as I stated somehow proves they identified as "Palestinian".

Funny, funny, funny! So then if I refer to myself & my family as "people of Palestine", does that make me a Palestinian? Seriously Monte, you are a blast.

Thanks for the acknowledgement, but when you make absurd assertions, it isn't too difficult to make you look like a fool. Maybe you should read the source material before you respond in the future. So, your false assertion that there were no Palestinians until Arafat has been debunked, once and for all. At least on this forum. God knows the number of sites you parrot the Zionist propaganda on.
You're still befuddled by terms and definitions. "Pal'istanians" as a national identity was an invention of Arafat in the late 1960's.

You are among a few others who seem to believe that your mythical "country of Pal'istan" existed at some time in the past.

No one takes you seriously. Posting Zionist propaganda debunked long ago and in this forum is why you are not taken seriously. The Palestinian national identify was re-established de facto when the representatives of the Christian and Muslim inhabitants declared themselves representatives of the People of Palestine in correspondence with the British Colonial Office in 1922. Of course, the people inhabiting the Roman province of Palaestina were known as Palaestinorum (Palestinian in Latin) 2,000 years ago as well.

Okay Monte. Lets have some fun. Everyone who takes Monte seriously please identify yourself.

HELLO! ANYBODY HOME?

I see you are frantic to receive moral support, you little coward. How can anyone support a dummy that thinks Archbishops are Muslims? :biggrin:

Eh Monte. I didn't say that. You just didn't get it how the Greek Orthodox church firing the Palestinian archbishop was bad news for Palestinians. Get it yet?

The Arabs who started calling themselves "Palestinian" a few decades back for political purposes have never wanted a separate state. They could have had one at just about any point in time over the last 70 years if A -- they were an actual, distinct people and B -- actually wanted a state.

"PALESTINE.

No. 1.

HOTEL CECIL,
London, W.C.,
February 21st, 1922.
Sir,

Yeah, if you didn't know this yet, Monti is much more educated therefore much smarter than anyone else on this board. Just wait for him to tell us. Again.

HELLO! ANYBODY HOME?

Golly gee. Why is it that so far not one person has come forward to take Monte seriously?

HELLO! ANYBODY HOME?

Eh Monte. I didn't say that. You just didn't get it how the Greek Orthodox church firing the Palestinian archbishop was bad news for Palestinians. Get it yet?

Nice try Mr. Muslim Archbishop, I'm not the only one that caught your dimwitted posts.

Let's review one of your posts, the one you started as a thread and then abandoned.

Palestinian Archbishop Fired by Greek Orthodox Christians

HELLO! ANYBODY HOME?

Nice try Mr. Muslim Archbishop, I'm not the only one that caught your dimwitted posts.

Let's review one of your posts, the one you started as a thread and then abandoned.

Palestinian Archbishop Fired by Greek Orthodox Christians

Oh thank you Monte. Yep, sure looks bad for Palestinians having the Greek Orthodox church fire their Palestinian archbishop. But hey who can blame the Greek Orthodox. After all, Christian or Muslim, Palestinians will be Palestinians.

You are not sure if the term "American" refers to the Indians (not the Asian ones), anyone residing upon the North and South American continent, or a default term plucked from the assholes of befuddled dreamers because "United Statesian" is too difficult to pronounce. Yet you still call yourself that: American. Despite the confusion of your own national identity, you think that you can draw a straight line between the start and finish of a labyrinth when it comes to Palestine/Palestinian. You failed.

And as a side-note: When did the population become "Israelis"? "South Sudanese"? "Congolese"?" Burkina Fasoans"? When did Hawaiis become "Americans"? The people of Eupen "Belgians"? Shall I continue? What's in a name? We know who the Palestinians are, right? We know where Palestine was ..... and is - no, maybe not. We do know where it ought to be according international law. Israel is in breach of that law.

Identity is a social construction. If Palestinians want to exist, then they exist.

We know where Palestine was ..... and is - no, maybe not. We do know where it ought to be according international law. Israel is in breach of that law.

We know where it ought to be according to international law? Well, this is news. Tell me, where is the legal international boundary between Israel and "Palestine"? What treaty or legal instrument put that boundary in place? And where, exactly, is Israel breaching that boundary?

Shusha, et al,

If the issue of "borders" are brought to a forced conclusion, then I believe that the International Community will definitely side with the Arab Palestinians.

We know where Palestine was ..... and is - no, maybe not. We do know where it ought to be according international law. Israel is in breach of that law.

We know where it ought to be according to international law? Well, this is news. Tell me, where is the legal international boundary between Israel and "Palestine"? What treaty or legal instrument put that boundary in place? And where, exactly, is Israel breaching that boundary?
(COMMENT)

There is no more of a complicated issue than this. The all the parties to the conflict have allowed this to drag-on much too long.

I would hate to speculate, as there are so many aspects of the question to be considered.

I think that the Arab Palestinians themselves are an obstacle to any serious discussions. I'm of the opinion and concerned that the Arab Palestinians have no intention to compromise on any issue.

Most Respectfully,
R

The borders for Israel and Palestine are mentioned in the 1949 UN Armistice Agreements. Now the UN cannot define or change borders but they can reference existing borders. So here are the borders as of after the end of the 1948 war.

The Avalon Project : Egyptian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, February 24, 1949
The Avalon Project : Lebanese-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, March 23, 1949
The Avalon Project : Jordanian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, April 3, 1949
The Avalon Project : Israeli-Syrian General Armistice Agreement, July 20, 1949

Notice that there is no border between Israel and Palestine. That continues to today.

Shusha, et al,

If the issue of "borders" are brought to a forced conclusion, then I believe that the International Community will definitely side with the Arab Palestinians.

(COMMENT)

There is no more of a complicated issue than this. The all the parties to the conflict have allowed this to drag-on much too long.

I would hate to speculate, as there are so many aspects of the question to be considered.

I think that the Arab Palestinians themselves are an obstacle to any serious discussions. I'm of the opinion and concerned that the Arab Palestinians have no intention to compromise on any issue.

Most Respectfully,
R

The Jews have never had any intention of compromising. The native inhabitants of Palestine, who under Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations were to tutored towards independence and self-determination by the Mandatory, were supplanted by Europeans transferred to Palestine who were installed as rulers over the native inhabitants. None of your bullshit changes this basic fact.

You're still befuddled by terms and definitions. "Pal'istanians" as a national identity was an invention of Arafat in the late 1960's. You are among a few others who seem to believe that your mythical "country of Pal'istan" existed at some time in the past. You understand that Disneyland (like Pal'istan) is not a country, right?
The Palestinians legally became Palestinians in 1924. You should read up before you post Israeli talking points.

And some of them - Jews, Muslims and Christians - became Israelis in May, 1948. Evidently your "knowledge" is extremely limited.

BYW ... those who became Israelis in 1948 (or their progeny) continue to be CITIZENS of Israel to this day.

P F Tinmore, et al,

This is so misrepresentative of the facts.

The borders for Israel and Palestine are mentioned in the 1949 UN Armistice Agreements. Now the UN cannot define or change borders but they can reference existing borders. So here are the borders as of after the end of the 1948 war.

The Avalon Project : Egyptian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, February 24, 1949
The Avalon Project : Lebanese-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, March 23, 1949
The Avalon Project : Jordanian-Israeli General Armistice Agreement, April 3, 1949

Notice that there is no border between Israel and Palestine. That continues to today.
(COMMENT)

There were no Armistice Agreements with Palestine, because there was no party to the conflict called "Palestine." The Palestine in question at the in the 1948/49 timeframe was that defined by the Palestine Order in Council, the territory to which the former Mandate applied.

• In 1949, the Armistice with Egypt laid down the Armistice Line which was:

√ By Article V(2) stated: The Armistice Demarcation Line is not to be construed in any sense as a political or territorial boundary, and is delineated without prejudice to rights, claims and positions of either Party to the Armistice as regards ultimate settlement of the Palestine question.
√ By Article XII(2)... shall remain in force until a peaceful settlement between the Parties is achieved, ...
• The Peace Treaty between the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Government of the State of Israel, 26 March 1979, supersedes the Armistice Agreement and establishes "the permanent boundary between Egypt and Israel is the recognized international boundary between Egypt and the former mandated territory of Palestine, as shown on the map at Annex II, 1 without prejudice to the issue of the status of the Gaza Strip."
• In 1949, the Armistice with Jordan laid down the Armistice Line which was:

√ By Article VI(9) stated: The Armistice Demarcation Lines defined in articles V and VI of this Agreement are agreed upon by the Parties without prejudice to future territorial settlements or boundary lines or to claims of either Party relating thereto.
√ By Article XII(2) ... "shall remain in force until a peaceful settlement between the Parties is achieved" ...
• The Jordan-Israel Peace Treaty, 26 October 1994, supersedes the Armistice Agreement and establishes that the boundary, as set out in Annex I (a), is the permanent, secure and recognized international boundary between Jordan and Israel, without prejudice to the status of any territories that came under Israeli military government control in 1967; without the mention of Palestine in any facet.
• There is no current treaty between Lebanon and Israel. The International Boundary, currently monitored by the UNIFIL along the 2015 Blue Line was last confirmed in a Letter dated 9 June 2000 from the President of Lebanon addressed to the Secretary-General; after a border-crossing incident.

√ Article III(1) states: The resolution and the report, as well as the historical records and the various documents and maps, including those in the possession of the United Nations, confirm unequivocally that there are between Lebanon and Israel “internationally recognized boundaries” that have never been in dispute between the two countries. Indeed, the descriptive delimitation of these boundaries completed in 1923 was meticulously retraced in 1949, under the supervision of the United Nations and its observers, from boundary pillar 1 to boundary pillar 38 by way of all those in between.
The boundary set along the Syrian Frontier is set by the Annexation authority of the Knesset. This is a separate issue.

Whether we talk about the 1988 Palestinian Declaration of Independence, of some earlier alleged Palestinian sovereignty, the ground truth is set out above.

Most Respectfully,
R

The Jews have never had any intention of compromising.
I don't like your tone or your choice of words. But I agree with your point, a point that ought to be obvious to ANYONE who's actually done some reading about the facts and details of the initial creation (from Day One) of the creation of Israel.

The native inhabitants of Palestine, who under Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations were to tutored towards independence and self-determination by the Mandatory, were supplanted by Europeans transferred to Palestine who were installed as rulers over the native inhabitants. None of your bullshit changes this basic fact.
Well said! Bravo!

I don't like your tone or your choice of words. But I agree with your point, a point that ought to be obvious to ANYONE who's actually done some reading about the facts and details of the initial creation (from Day One) of the creation of Israel.

The native inhabitants of Palestine, who under Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations were to tutored towards independence and self-determination by the Mandatory, were supplanted by Europeans transferred to Palestine who were installed as rulers over the native inhabitants. None of your bullshit changes this basic fact.
Well said! Bravo!

I am not sure how the tone or the choice of words could be different to communicate the thought. If it is the word "Jew", let me explain. I have tried calling the people that invaded Palestine from Europe "Europeans", but I was criticized, notwithstanding the fact that they were Europeans. If I call them Israelis or Israeli Jews, the former would not include the people that invaded Palestine pre-Israel and the latter would include non-Jewish Israelis who are not to blame at all. It's a dilemma, so I have settled for the word Jew to describe the people in question.

Shusha, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

The Jews have never had any intention of compromising. The native inhabitants of Palestine, who under Article 22 of the Covenant of the League of Nations were to tutored towards independence and self-determination by the Mandatory, were supplanted by Europeans transferred to Palestine who were installed as rulers over the native inhabitants. None of your bullshit changes this basic fact.

"Native inhabitants" --- were Jews.

Well said! Bravo!

I am not sure how the tone or the choice of words could be different to communicate the thought. If it is the word "Jew", let me explain. I have tried calling the people that invaded Palestine from Europe "Europeans", but I was criticized, notwithstanding the fact that they were Europeans. If I call them Israelis or Israeli Jews, the former would not include the people that invaded Palestine pre-Israel and the latter would include non-Jewish Israelis who are not to blame at all. It's a dilemma, so I have settled for the word Jew to describe the people in question.
The word you should be looking for is ..... Zionist.

P F Tinmore, et al,

This is so misrepresentative of the facts.

(COMMENT)

There were no Armistice Agreements with Palestine, because there was no party to the conflict called "Palestine." The Palestine in question at the in the 1948/49 timeframe was that defined by the Palestine Order in Council, the territory to which the former Mandate applied.
• In 1949, the Armistice with Egypt laid down the Armistice Line which was:

√ By Article V(2) stated: The Armistice Demarcation Line is not to be construed in any sense as a political or territorial boundary, and is delineated without prejudice to rights, claims and positions of either Party to the Armistice as regards ultimate settlement of the Palestine question.
√ By Article XII(2)... shall remain in force until a peaceful settlement between the Parties is achieved, ...
• The Peace Treaty between the Government of the Arab Republic of Egypt and the Government of the State of Israel, 26 March 1979, supersedes the Armistice Agreement and establishes "the permanent boundary between Egypt and Israel is the recognized international boundary between Egypt and the former mandated territory of Palestine, as shown on the map at Annex II, 1 without prejudice to the issue of the status of the Gaza Strip."
• In 1949, the Armistice with Jordan laid down the Armistice Line which was:

√ By Article VI(9) stated: The Armistice Demarcation Lines defined in articles V and VI of this Agreement are agreed upon by the Parties without prejudice to future territorial settlements or boundary lines or to claims of either Party relating thereto.
√ By Article XII(2) ... "shall remain in force until a peaceful settlement between the Parties is achieved" ...
• The Jordan-Israel Peace Treaty, 26 October 1994, supersedes the Armistice Agreement and establishes that the boundary, as set out in Annex I (a), is the permanent, secure and recognized international boundary between Jordan and Israel, without prejudice to the status of any territories that came under Israeli military government control in 1967; without the mention of Palestine in any facet.
• There is no current treaty between Lebanon and Israel. The International Boundary, currently monitored by the UNIFIL along the 2015 Blue Line was last confirmed in a Letter dated 9 June 2000 from the President of Lebanon addressed to the Secretary-General; after a border-crossing incident.

√ Article III(1) states: The resolution and the report, as well as the historical records and the various documents and maps, including those in the possession of the United Nations, confirm unequivocally that there are between Lebanon and Israel “internationally recognized boundaries” that have never been in dispute between the two countries. Indeed, the descriptive delimitation of these boundaries completed in 1923 was meticulously retraced in 1949, under the supervision of the United Nations and its observers, from boundary pillar 1 to boundary pillar 38 by way of all those in between.
The boundary set along the Syrian Frontier is set by the Annexation authority of the Knesset. This is a separate issue.

Whether we talk about the 1988 Palestinian Declaration of Independence, of some earlier alleged Palestinian sovereignty, the ground truth is set out above.

Most Respectfully,
R

Israel declares its borders.

upload_2016-12-7_11-26-29.png

https://trumanlibrary.org/whistlestop/study_collections/israel/large/documents/pdf/12.pdf

Forum List

Back