Palestinians Massing At The Israeli Border

RE: Palestinians Massing At The Israeli Border
⁜→ P F Tinmore, Hollie, et al,

Yes, yes, yes, There are many such stories published about the 6 HAMAS fighters working in the tunnels. It can be viewed in perspective that:
By Nidal al-Mughrabi and Dan Williams said:
GAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) – Six Palestinian militants were killed on Monday when Israel blew up what it said was a tunnel being dug across the Gaza Strip border.

A source for the Islamic Jihad militant group said Arafat Abu Marshould, head of the faction’s armed wing in central Gaza, was killed along with a senior associate and two other gunmen. The group said it had put its fighters on “full alert.”
Newsweek Magazine said:
In the 2014 war, the tunnels became Hamas’s most powerful weapon. Hamas and other militants fired 4,800 rockets into Israel, according to the U.N., but Israel’s sophisticated Iron Dome anti-missile system succeeded in shooting down most rockets fired from Gaza before they could land in civilian towns and cities. Tunnels were harder to combat.

0318hamas01.jpg

Palestinian militants from the Al-Quds Brigades squat in a tunnel during military training in the
southern Gaza Strip in March 2015. Mahmud Hams/AFP/Getty​
SOURCE: HAMAS Is Tunneling its Way Into Israel, Again By Yardena Schwartz On 3/8/16
I am not going to sit here all day bringing you up to speed on all of the news you seem to have missed over the years. Here is just one example that started Cast Lied.
(COMMENT)

The CNN News Spot Report is somewhat skewed.

I don't think anyone who looks at the facts can conclude that the "work-in-progress" on the "penetration tunnel into Israel" was not → in itself → a hostile act. Who shoots first is often taken to naive and extreme lengths. If you are attempting to breach the border of Israel (on the ground, above the ground, or below the ground) it is an attack (whether it is fast moving or slowed to a snail pace). An attack is an attack. It is not necessary that a determination be made as to who fired the "first shot" in such cases. What is important is that the naive listener to such Spot Reporting understand that an underground attack in progress - and by tunnel - is still an attack.

And the nonsense that Israel controls the complete blockade of the Gaza Strip or the West Bank (including Jerusalem) is a bit misrepresented when you take notice that Egypt and Jordan (both) offer an alternative route in and out of those territories. But! Eqypt and Jordan (both) decline that option. One can only wonder why that is...

Most Respectfully,
R
All that blabber does not refute my premise.

Israel has a long habit of shooting anyone it wants and destroying anything it wants during ceasefires.​

Nonsense. Your "premise" self refutes. You are desperate to excuse hostile acts by islamic terrorists such as burrowing underground in preparation for further acts of war. You presume an entitlement to acts of war without consequence and the Israelis have plans in place to dismantle your entitlement.

So, you still have offered nothing to support your earlier statement.

Israel has a long habit of shooting anyone it wants and destroying anything it wants during ceasefires.​

So by "shooting anyone it wants", you actually mean "shooting terrorists actively engaging in an attack on Israel's sovereign territory and/or citizens".

And by "destroying anything it wants", you actually mean "destroying military objects designed to bring harm to Israeli sovereignty and/or citizens".

You are condemning Israel for destroying military objects and personnel actively engaged in attacking her during a ceasefire and then blaming Israel for breaking ceasefire. Its ridiculous.

So by "shooting anyone it wants", you actually mean "shooting terrorists actively engaging in an attack on Israel's sovereign territory and/or citizens".

And by "destroying anything it wants", you actually mean "destroying military objects designed to bring harm to Israeli sovereignty and/or citizens".

You are condemning Israel for destroying military objects and personnel actively engaged in attacking her during a ceasefire and then blaming Israel for breaking ceasefire. Its ridiculous.

Neither does he mention that the response for loosing 6 Hamas gunmen
was to shoot rockets on civilians for several month.

“The campaign is not over and requires patience and judgment. We are preparing to continue,” the prime minister added. “The goal was and remains to ensure the peace and security of the residents of the south. I send condolences to the families and wish a speedy recovery for the wounded.”

(full article online)

As ceasefire goes into effect, Netanyahu says Gaza campaign not over
They never mention the terms of the ceasefire.

The usual, only less:

If riots decrease and attacks on Israel cease,
they get fishing zone, fuel and money from Qatar.

Just say no. Why does Israel continue to play the ineffective game of "when terrorist groups try to kill our civilians in our sovereign territory, we give them goodies"?

Time to put this to right. De-escalation and goodies will come only when POSITIVE steps towards PEACE occur.

I cannot agree more, from what I hear and read, I think this is the most common opinion these days.
Slogans like "there's no right-wing in the govt - fact" are all over.

Though I don't see any actual Israeli agreement to the proposal, there was a week given to test if the message was received, tank and other armory already moving into area for everyone to be seen...
Netanyahu knows he can't lose public support before the party even started, and let's face it, it was all expected, and much bigger political event in front of us, people understand that too.
Even if we're already convinced of the outcome, we at least have to hear the proposal of a friend.

Peace is a word that damages anyone who uses it in the middle east.
Those who demand defeat and stop only when seeing a white flag, seem to get more of that 'peace'.

Its time for some really, really concrete steps towards defeat for Gaza. Time for Israel to make demands on them and have consequences when those demands are not met. You want fuel? Or Qatari cash? Or a fishing zone? Cool. Here's what you have to do to get it: end the protests at the border; no rocket attacks for six months; no attacks at border checkpoints for six months.

You want some substantial goodies? We got lots of goodies. Here's what you have to do to get them.

And if you want to continue to attack us, then the consequences will be the loss of your leaders, one by one, in targeted attacks, until no one will want to be involved with Hamas or Islamic Jihad.

I agree 100%

That's great on paper as an isolated tactic for a specific enemy.
But what is the bigger picture right now? What's the long term plan and priorities?

For now I think the Judean highpoint is of most importance. No argument, the strategy with Hamas has to change, and no other threat justifies negligent weakness. But until there's no clear declared readiness for decisive initiation, it's the chess game that it is. And eventually, from the little I gather, I end up agreeing with Netanyahu's calculation, I don't think it's further from what we both agree upon.

We need to see how the new govt functions when formed in full capacity.
That is happening "as we speak".

And by the way, I DO think that the pro-Israeli voice has a lot influence, or let's say it is really, and naturally listened to and taken in account into considerations. Netanyahu is a human being at the end of the day, he needs people behind him as the people need him strong and wise. It's mutual and we're a small tribe.

It's not inconsequential, all I'm saying - Sound Your Voice.

3882.jpg

All decent people should be outraged at the terrorist groups in the Gaza Strip that fired 698 rockets at Israeli civilians, killing four, injuring 234 and traumatizing thousands of innocent children. Pictured: A house in the city of Ashkelon, Israel that was damaged by a rocket strike from the Gaza Strip on May 6, 2019. (Photo by Lior Mizrahi/Getty Images)

Israel keeps trying to shoot its way out of a political problem.

Egypt can open the Rafah gates only for short periods of time,
the "political" problem is merely how much Europe is willing to take.

35,000 in less than a week from Gaza, 20,000 each month from PA controlled areas.
Keep dreaming Pallywood.

RE: Palestinians Massing At The Israeli Border
⁜→ P F Tinmore, et al,

OH! But for the love of the Supreme Being...

Israel keeps trying to shoot its way out of a political problem.
(CONCEPT)

Let's talk about the central theme.

Article 2(4) said:
All Members shall refrain in their international relations from:
the threat or use of force
against the territorial integrity or political independence
of any state,
or in any other manner inconsistent with the Purposes of the United Nations.​

(COMMENT)

The problem with this state is that it is again, an attempt to misrepresent the facts.

1947 → 1949: Israeli War of Independence Arab League Attacks (Not Israel)
1956 → → → Sinai War Freedom of Navigation for Israel in the Gulf of Aqaba
1967 → → → Six Day War Egypt expels the UN Emergency Force and rushes 100,000 troops and 900 tanks into the Sinai (Eminent Attack)
1973 → → → Yom Kipper War Arab League Surprise Attack on Israel
etc, etc, etc

The Arab Palestinians start out with the basic, but an explicit threat:

“ARAB HIGHER COMMITTEE IS DETERMINED PERSIST IN REJECTION PARTITION AND IN REFUSAL RECOGNIZE UNO RESOLUTION THIS RESPECT AND ANYTHING DERIVING THEREFROM. FOR THESE REASONS IT IS UNABLE ACCEPT INVITATION”

The Arabs of Palestine will never recognise the validity of the extorted partition recommendations or the authority of the United Nations to make them.

The Arabs of Palestine consider that any attempt by the Jews or any power group of powers to establish a Jewish state in Arab territory is an act of aggression which will be resisted in self-defense.

The determination of every Arab in Palestine is to oppose in every way the partition of that country.​

The Arab Palestinians cannot claim "self-defense" because they never intended to comply with the Article 16 (Treaty of Lausanne) Authority or the approved UN Special Committee on Palestine (UNSCOP) Recommendation (to be known as A/RES/181). In every dispute, the Arab Palestinians apply violence as the first solution.

Article 9 - PLO Charter: Armed struggle is the only way to liberate Palestine.

Article 13 • HAMAS Covenant: There is no solution for the Palestinian question except through Jihad.​

Whether you call it "Armed Struggle" or "Jihad" makes no difference. The Arab Palestinians always select conflict as the preferred solution to disputes, as opposed to the application of the Declaration on Principles of International Law concerning Friendly Relations and Co-operation among States.

Most Respectfully,
R

Forum List

Back