"Palestinian" PM Making It Crystal Clear

Funny how you want to outsource the war in Iraq but not the Afgan one.
I want to INSOURCE the civil war in Iraq....YOU are the one who insists on OUT sourcing it.

I was 100% behind George Bush right up until the day he sent corrupty afghan warlords into Tora Bora to do our job.

So you want the US to fight Afgan's war but not Iraq's?

are you really this obtuse in real life?

No...I wanted the US to fight OUR war against the people who attacked us and who were hiding in the hills of Afghanistan in a region called Tora Bora, but Dubya decided to OUTsource OUR war against them and let corrupt Afghan warlords go in and try to get them.... the warlords came out with the pockets stuffed with cash and looking all perplexed as to where in the world Osama might have slipped away to.... I do NOT want us to continue to get OUR boys killed in the middle of an Iraqi civil war and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why some girl who claims to be the defender of the south would want them to die that way.... unless, of course, because she's just a girl who would never actually defend anything, let alone something in Iraq. Have I got that about right, glock?

are you really this obtuse in real life?

No...I wanted the US to fight OUR war against the people who attacked us and who were hiding in the hills of Afghanistan in a region called Tora Bora, but Dubya decided to OUTsource OUR war against them and let corrupt Afghan warlords go in and try to get them.... the warlords came out with the pockets stuffed with cash and looking all perplexed as to where in the world Osama might have slipped away to.... I do NOT want us to continue to get OUR boys killed in the middle of an Iraqi civil war and I cannot, for the life of me, understand why some girl who claims to be the defender of the south would want them to die that way.... unless, of course, because she's just a girl who would never actually defend anything, let alone something in Iraq. Have I got that about right, glock?
Not quite. :rofl:

Neither were. Interesting considering 9/11 and the 'Afghanistan' was 'legit.' meme...

Actually Iraq was moreso, as the previous resolutions had included serious sanctions. So truth to tell, from the left we shoud not have hit Afghanistan, but ok for Iraq.

Actually Iraq was moreso, as the previous resolutions had included serious sanctions. So truth to tell, from the left we shoud not have hit Afghanistan, but ok for Iraq.

attacking the folks who attacked us made sense. It was the right thing to do. Attacking Iraq made no sense....and just look what a bucket of feces it turned out to be.

attacking the folks who attacked us made sense. It was the right thing to do. Attacking Iraq made no sense....and just look what a bucket of feces it turned out to be.

In spite of international agreements? We should have been able to 'hit' Afghanistan because of Taliban? Even though it was tribal, not majority? Many, many innocents died.

In spite of international agreements? We should have been able to 'hit' Afghanistan because of Taliban? Even though it was tribal, not majority? Many, many innocents died.

we didn't hit them because of the taliban, we hit them because that is where AQ was...and we certainly never applied anything as inhumane as shock and awe when we went in..... if only our ADD afflicted president hadn't lost interest when Osama was not immediately captured

we didn't hit them because of the taliban, we hit them because that is where AQ was...and we certainly never applied anything as inhumane as shock and awe when we went in..... if only our ADD afflicted president hadn't lost interest when Osama was not immediately captured

On what legal justification? Not UN, they refused. We went alone. Unilateraly. That's ok in this ONE instance?

AQ was supported by Saddam. It is the spineless Deamnocrats who lost interest. Did you get your feelings hurt because of shock and awe?

So far your batting average here is close to zero. :eusa_whistle:

On what legal justification? Not UN, they refused. We went alone. Unilateraly. That's ok in this ONE instance?

I have nothing against unilateral military action....only counterproductive, ill-conceived and ineptly managed military action.

If Saddam had indeed been responsible for 9/11 - as Osama hiding in Afghanistan was - I could have cared less if the UN sanctioned us going in and kicking his ass. As it was, he had ZIP to do with 9/11.... this invasion has made us less safe and more despised. THAT is why I am against this war...it has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether or not we got UN approval or not...it has to do with the fact that it was a stupid idea ineptly executed.

AQ was supported by Saddam. It is the spineless Deamnocrats who lost interest. Did you get your feelings hurt because of shock and awe?

So far your batting average here is close to zero. :eusa_whistle:

AQ was NOT supported by Saddam. If you know anything about wahabbists, you know that they don't really get along at all with ba'athists.

now go play somewhere else...you bore me and annoy me.

I have nothing against unilateral military action....only counterproductive, ill-conceived and ineptly managed military action.

If Saddam had indeed been responsible for 9/11 - as Osama hiding in Afghanistan was - I could have cared less if the UN sanctioned us going in and kicking his ass. As it was, he had ZIP to do with 9/11.... this invasion has made us less safe and more despised. THAT is why I am against this war...it has absolutely NOTHING to do with whether or not we got UN approval or not...it has to do with the fact that it was a stupid idea ineptly executed.
How about Iraq was the perfect place to be in a post 9/11 world? How about the idea that considering the ruler's non-compliance with a myriad of UN resolutions and being in defiance of such and a ceasefire, it was 'perfect'? Then the gambit was lost, through all you say. Does that make it wrong to try and fix? You are saying yes, from what I can see.

How about Iraq was the perfect place to be in a post 9/11 world? How about the idea that considering the ruler's non-compliance with a myriad of UN resolutions and being in defiance of such and a ceasefire, it was 'perfect'? Then the gambit was lost, through all you say. Does that make it wrong to try and fix? You are saying yes, from what I can see.

How is disrupting a regime who stood squarely in the path of wahabbist ambtion the perfect thing to do? How is toppling a regime who was as much an enemy of Osama as we were the perfect thing to do? How is it that conservatives who hate the UN and want to limit its importance in the world and who want to pull our country out if it in one breath, now feel that upholding its resolutions is worth a trillion dollars and 25K dead and wounded americans?

I honestly do not believe that American CAN "fix" Iraq. I think the only folks who have a snowball's chance in hell of "fixing" Iraq are Iraqis and only if they lose the stomach for killing one another....which they have been itching to do for longer than we can imagine.

How is disrupting a regime who stood squarely in the path of wahabbist ambtion the perfect thing to do? How is toppling a regime who was as much an enemy of Osama as we were the perfect thing to do? How is it that conservatives who hate the UN and want to limit its importance in the world and who want to pull our country out if it in one breath, now feel that upholding its resolutions is worth a trillion dollars and 25K dead and wounded americans?

I honestly do not believe that American CAN "fix" Iraq. I think the only folks who have a snowball's chance in hell of "fixing" Iraq are Iraqis and only if they lose the stomach for killing one another....which they have been itching to do for longer than we can imagine.

How about post Gulf War I, none of the stuff you post held? Saddam made overtures and vice versa with bin Laden, whether or not anything came of that?

I can appreciate your opinion, dire it is. That in and of itself does not preclude attempts to right what has gone wrong. To lose, well that's serious, deadly so.

AQ was NOT supported by Saddam. If you know anything about wahabbists, you know that they don't really get along at all with ba'athists.

now go play somewhere else...you bore me and annoy me.
Osama bin Laden and Saddam Hussein had an operational relationship from the early 1990s to 2003 that involved training in explosives and weapons of mass destruction, as well as financial and logistical support, and may have included the bombing of the USS Cole and the Sept. 11 attacks.

That's the assessment of a 16-page top secret government memo to the Senate Intelligence Committee, reports the Weekly Standard.

The memo, dated October 27, 2003, was sent from Undersecretary of Defense for Policy Douglas J. Feith to Senators Pat Roberts and Jay Rockefeller, the chairman and vice chairman of the Senate Intelligence Committee. It was written in response to a request from the committee as part of its investigation into prewar intelligence claims made by the administration. The memo cites reports from a variety of domestic and foreign spy agencies including the FBI, the Defense Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, and the Central Intelligence Agency. Much of the evidence is detailed, conclusive, and corroborated by multiple sources.

According to the Weekly Standard, the memo reports Saddam's willingness to help bin Laden plot against Americans began in 1990, shortly before the first Gulf War, and continued through last March, the eve of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq. It says bin Laden sent ''emissaries to Jordan in 1990 to meet with Iraqi government officials.'' At some unspecified point in 1991, according to a CIA analysis, ''Iraq sought Sudan's assistance to establish links to al-Qaida.''

The primary go-between throughout these early stages was Sudanese strongman Hassan al-Turabi, a leader of the al-Qaida-affiliated National Islamic Front.

A defector reported that ''al-Turabi was instrumental in arranging the Iraqi-al-Qaida relationship." The defector said Iraq sought al-Qaida influence through its connections with Afghanistan, to facilitate the transshipment of proscribed weapons and equipment to Iraq. In return, Iraq provided al-Qaida with training and instructors.

Another man, Mamdouh Mahmud Salim — who's described as the terror lord's ''best friend'' — was involved in planning the bombings of the U.S. embassies in Kenya and Tanzania in 1998.
http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=35634

Forum List

Back