Palestine Festivals

P F Tinmore

Diamond Member
Dec 6, 2009
Palestinians have different festivals to promote their culture.

Palestine Festival of Literature: Ahdaf Soueif at TEDxIIMRanchi

We've all been here before. As there has never been a "nation of Palestine", there are no Palestinians.

At the rate relations in that region are developing, such an idea is a mere pipe-dream.

What, pray tell, is 'Palestinian culture'?

I was not aware that they were a coherent People or Ethnic Group, with a culture unto themselves.

Aren't they simply a polyglot of local-yokels and tribesmen of various regional origin?

What makes so-called 'Palestinian culture' substantively unique vis a vis its Muslim-Arab neighbors?

What are the distinguishing characteristics of 'Palestinian culture'?

And, given that they are about 5 minutes away from being scattered to the Four Winds...

Why should we care?

Last edited:

I was not aware that they were a coherent People or Ethnic Group, with a culture unto themselves.

Aren't they simply a polyglot of local-yokels and tribesmen of various regional origin?

What makes so-called 'Palestinian culture' substantively unique vis a vis its Muslim-Arab neighbors?

And, given that they are about 5 minutes away from being scattered to the Four Winds...

Why should we care?

Israelis have a very distinctive culture. Israel is the only country in the world where the Jewish holidays are national holidays. Many countries in Europe have Christian national holidays, and of course the Muslim/Arab nations have theirs. It is the only country in the world where Hebrew is the official language, whereas the Arabic language, spoken by the Palestinians, is the official language of many countries. Israel has a distinctive flag, whereas the Palestinian flag is practically identical to Jordan's. Israelis will not give up the only Jewish country in the world for a 23rd Arab one. If the Palestinians aren't willing to share the land peaceably, then they will get nothing at all.

Why should we care?
Crickets.

Not exactly an unexpected outcome.
tongue_smile.gif

Palestinians have different festivals to promote their culture.

Palestine Festival of Literature: Ahdaf Soueif at TEDxIIMRanchi

My favorite Palestinian cultural event festival is where they stand in line & pull their pins to see who can scatter their body parts the furthest.

PalFest.

Pictures Palestinians Celebrate Jerusalem Attack - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

As Israelis mourned the horrific attack on a synagogue in Jerusalem Tuesday morning, many Palestinian Arabs reacted with delight. In macabrescenes played out in numerous Arab areas - including Gaza, Bethlehem and parts of Jerusalem - Palestinians took to the street to celebrate the cold-blooded murder of unarmed Jewish worshipers as they prayed in Har Nof.

PalFest.

Pictures Palestinians Celebrate Jerusalem Attack - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

As Israelis mourned the horrific attack on a synagogue in Jerusalem Tuesday morning, many Palestinian Arabs reacted with delight. In macabrescenes played out in numerous Arab areas - including Gaza, Bethlehem and parts of Jerusalem - Palestinians took to the street to celebrate the cold-blooded murder of unarmed Jewish worshipers as they prayed in Har Nof.

It's called a Palestinian festival. No wonder Tinmore loves them.

A "Palestonian" festival

Heroine from hell Palestinians honor mass killer with monument Fox News

"A female terrorist who died in an infamous attack that killed 38 Israelis, including 13 children, was memorialized last week at a public square in Ramallah in what Jewish leaders say is just the latest twisted example of Palestinians glorifying extremist murderers."

Europe is full of such monuments to resistance fighters, France, Greece, even Italy The Nazis called them "terrorists" and "bandits":

Monument08.jpg

035Memorial2.jpg

Colle_del_Lys_(monumento_ai_partigiani).jpg

A "Palestonian" festival

"A female terrorist who died in an infamous attack that killed 38 Israelis, including 13 children, was memorialized last week at a public square in Ramallah in what Jewish leaders say is just the latest twisted example of Palestinians glorifying extremist murderers."

Europe is full of such monuments to resistance fighters, France, Greece, even Italy The Nazis called them "terrorists" and "bandits":

Monument08.jpg

035Memorial2.jpg

The only thing Hamas and other islamic terrorist syndicates are resisting is the ability to claw their way out of the 7th century.

I suppose you consider ISIS a " resistance" group.

PalFest.

I'll see your Har Nof and raise you Baruch Golstein, "There are no innocent Arabs. These deaths were necessary and it is necessary to kill a lot more. Baruch was a hero, a hero of all the Jews. He was a perfect man, a kind man and a sweet man."

Hebron settlers shed no tears after slaughter Militant Jews are turning mass killer Baruch Goldstein into a folk hero writes Sarah Helm from Kiryat Arba - World - News - The Independent

PalFest.

I'll see your Har Nof and raise you Baruch Golstein, "There are no innocent Arabs. These deaths were necessary and it is necessary to kill a lot more. Baruch was a hero, a hero of all the Jews. He was a perfect man, a kind man and a sweet man."

Hebron settlers shed no tears after slaughter Militant Jews are turning mass killer Baruch Goldstein into a folk hero writes Sarah Helm from Kiryat Arba - World - News - The Independent
I see you're scrambling to cover your tracks regarding your failed attempt to equate Islamic terrorists as "resistance" fighters.

WW2 resistance groups aligned with the Allies were about fighting Nazi aggression, Italian fascism, etc.

The Israeli resistance is aligned with fighting both those ideologies identified above encapsulated in Islamist fascism.

A "Palestonian" festival

Monument08.jpg

035Memorial2.jpg

The only thing Hamas and other islamic terrorist syndicates are resisting is the ability to claw their way out of the 7th century.

The Palestinians were well out of the 7th century until the Zionists arrived and bombed them right back there. If you want my views on IS/ISIL/ISIS/Daich open a thread in Middle East -General, they've nothing to do with the Israel-Palestine conflict.

A "Palestonian" festival

Monument08.jpg

035Memorial2.jpg

The Palestinians were well out of the 7th century until the Zionists arrived and bombed them right back there. If you want my views on IS/ISIL/ISIS/Daich open a thread in Middle East -General, they've nothing to do with the Israel-Palestine conflict.
There were no "Palestinians" until Arafat invented them in the late 1960's. And yes, ISIS has much in common with Hamas: the Dark Ages ideology invented by muhammud (swish)

A "Palestonian" festival

Monument08.jpg

035Memorial2.jpg

There were no "Palestinians" until Arafat invented them in the late 1960's. And yes, ISIS has much in common with Hamas: the Dark Ages ideology invented by muhammud (swish)

T1315.jpg

r0dfoh3xmn4hjw.jpg

Admit it, you're either Phoney's or Rude-ee's girlfriend or sock; you write in exactly the same style. either that or you all use the same play book.

A "Palestonian" festival

Monument08.jpg

035Memorial2.jpg

T1315.jpg

r0dfoh3xmn4hjw.jpg

Admit it, you're either Phoney's or Rude-ee's girlfriend or sock; you write in exactly the same style. either that or you all use the same play book.
I had every expectation you would be unable to address the refutation to your silly attempts to equate Islamic fascists with the WW2 resistance groups working with the allies.

A "Palestonian" festival

Monument08.jpg

035Memorial2.jpg

So you will be able to produce a link to these freedom fighters targeting German children in schools and unarmed German civilians

PalFest.

WHO ATTACKED ARMED ARAB MUSLIMS THAT MURDERED HIS FRIEND

Forum List

Back