paleontology, for those who loves dinosaurs

First Dinosaur Tail Found Preserved in Amber
---
To scientists' delight, the incredible appendage from 99 million years ago is covered in feathers.
---

06_dinosaur_tail.adapt.1190.1.jpg

Thank you mamooth it is a great found the delicate feathers that cover the dinosaur tail stay preserved in amber to be discoved researchers believe it belongs to a juvenile
coelurosaur
undescribed_coelurosaur_by_keesey.jpg
, part of a group of theropod dinosaurs that includes everything from
Tyrannosaurus
jp_tyrannosaurus-rex-jw.jpg
to modern birds.

Bonsoir, thank for the vidéos... there a vidéo about the first sauriens it is in french.

Last edited:
Hello Dalia, what is your position on recreating dino's from DNA. Me, I think we can do without them roaming about. I have read that they would be horrible household pets.
DNA was unable to survive 65 million years. The best they've been able to come up with is collagen from the T-Rex thigh bone. There is some promise in reverse engineering birds (i.e., chickens) in the embryonic stage where they have activated long dormant genes to grow tails, talons and teeth. However, they have yet to allow any to grow beyond the embryonic stage. The religious nutcases would complain that we are playing god if we actually do create a so-called, chickenosaurus.

I love dinosaurs! :banana: :D

Bonsoir esthermoon, I love Dinosaur since i was a kid... this is great Monopoly board game to learn more about dinosaur :)

monopoly_dinosaurs_2_.jpg

Bonsoir Dalia! :bye1:
That Monopoly rocks! :bow3: :)

Bonsoir esthermoon, i like monopoly i have different version like the Simpsons also.:)
But i prefer Dinosaurs.
maxresdefault.jpg

list of the Dinosaurs

The Dino Directory - Name A-Z - Natural History Museum

I prefer dinosaurs too! :biggrin:

p.s. this T rex picture is.... :ack-1:

I love dinosaurs! :banana: :D

Bonsoir esthermoon, I love Dinosaur since i was a kid... this is great Monopoly board game to learn more about dinosaur :)

monopoly_dinosaurs_2_.jpg

That Monopoly rocks! :bow3: :)

Bonsoir esthermoon, i like monopoly i have different version like the Simpsons also.:)
But i prefer Dinosaurs.
maxresdefault.jpg

list of the Dinosaurs

The Dino Directory - Name A-Z - Natural History Museum

I prefer dinosaurs too! :biggrin:

p.s. this T rex picture is.... :ack-1:

Bonsoir esthermoon :) pretty monstrous!

Tyrannosaurs got smart before they got big, and they got big quickly right at the end of the time of the dinosaurs

tyrannosaur-1-illustration.jpg

This illustration shows T. euotica prowling around Central Asia about 90 million years. Back then, the Central Asian climate was less like a desert, and more forested with rivers and lakes.
Credit: Todd Marshall

A horse-sized relative of the mighty Tyrannosaurus rex may not have been big, but it had a surprisingly advanced brain, a new study finds. The newfound dianosaur species, Timurlengia euotica, lived in what is now present-day Uzbekistan during the Cretaceous, about 90 million years ago. An analysis of its braincase showed that it had extraordinary low-frequency hearing, which likely helped it hunt prey. It may not have been the size of T. rex, but T. euotica provides evidence that tyrannosaurs' complex brains likely helped them become apex predators during the dinosaur age.

From Brains to Brawn: How T. Rex Became King of the Dinosaurs

The largest Dinosaur ever found was just announced 2 years ago:

Dreadnoughtus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

_77372913_dreadnoughtus_size_20140904_624.gif

Hello TheOldSchool, i think the biggest and heavy Animal that ever live on this earth is : Bruhathkayosaurus

View attachment 90900

4 time long like a bus...

View attachment 90899

They could be so big and heavy because they were :

Poikilotherms (or "cool" or pœcilotherme) are animals with a body temperature that varies with that of their environment. By this characteristic, they differ and are opposed to warm-blooded animals which have a relatively stable internal temperature. They are not to be confused with heterotherms that are warm-blooded which usually steady body temperature varies in some cases (hibernating animals, infants whose body temperature is not stable yet, etc.)
Most cold-blooded organisms (that do not control their body temperature) are ectothermic (that is to say, their body heat comes from outside). However, there are special cases, and it is necessary to recall that ectothermic poikilothermic and are not synonymous.
This lack of control of the internal temperature prevents a "normal" activity during cold periods, but it is a much more economical characteristic energy homeotherms. Both have survived because they are characteristic of different lifestyles, even if we consider that homeothermy is an evolving character.
C. megalodon

Troodon_dinosauroid.jpg

Here an image of the possible evolution of Troodon towards a human form

They had large eyes pointing forward which allowed them to have a perception of the depths. They most likely had a night vision which meant they were still active at night and they certainly understood that it was simpler to hunt at night. They were of a very similar gauge, 2 m long and about 50 kg. They were masters in the art of ambushing. They were fast, agile and very efficient dinosaurs. They also had a very developed maternal instinct. They might have a body trimmed with feathers.
<= Saurornithoides / Troodon =>

saurornithoides.jpg
troodon.jpg

Sourece : terre- univers.be
Humans and apes did not evolve from large reptiles.

They evolved from small weasel like mammals that survived the dinosaur extinction.

Evolution of mammals - Wikipedia

Dinosaurs were a reptilian dead end because they had grown so large they depended on large amounts of vegetation for their food.

Small mammals on the other hand could scavenge on less.

When the big meteor hit and cause the nuclear winter, only the small burrowing mammals and other small animals could survive it.

These mammals evolved into monkeys, apes, and humans.

At some point God gave two of them a soul.

Penguins evolved from birds that gave up flight and returned to the sea.

Thus being birds they are relics of dinosaurs.

They are endangered and may go extinct like the dodo did.

Antarctica is melting away.

Forum List

Back