Painfully Pointless Palin

My favorite quote from the entire series of Palin interviews...

"Palin: Well, as Sen. McCain is suggesting here, also, never would our administration get out there and show our cards to terrorists, in this case, to enemies and let them know what the game plan was, not when that could ultimately adversely affect a plan to keep America secure."

Gee, we're not going to tell the terrorists what our gameplan is? Well, vote for this woman right now, right away! We're finally going to have someone in the white house who doesn't tell our enemies our game plan!!!!

Good frickin God, our economy is in the toilet and THIS is what she comes up with??

You think reporters are gonna go easy on her????

Apparently, you missed the entire point of my post. It’s a critique of Couric, not Palin.

That said, let’s take a closer look at Couric: Could it be that she didn’t know who the President was is ’29, when she did the Biden interview? I’d say there’s a good chance that she didn’t. If that’s the case, and given that we have no proof to the contrary, should Couric even be interviewing any of the candidates in the race to the White House?

Why isn’t the press going for the “gotcha” moment with Biden, or Obama, for that matter? Neither of them has any more experience than Palin. Personally, I think Palin scares the living shit out of the Democratic Party, not because of her credentials, but because if McCain gets elected she has, in my opinion, unequaled potential to become the 45th President following a successful McCain administration. That my friend, instills far more fear in Democrats than Palin assuming office due to McCain’s death during his administration.

By the way, Pailin did answer Couric’s question then, Couric did exactly what she said she wasn’t doing: she “belabored” the point.

I don’t have a problem with the press drilling Palin to get an understanding of her knowledge. My problem is that the perss isn't drilling Biden, or Obama, with the same ferocity, which leads us back to the point of my original post: Couric didn’t bother to challenge Biden (because she didn't know?) when he didn’t know what the hell he was talking about, which is irrefutable.

Last edited:
Apparently, you missed the entire point of my post. It’s a critique of Couric, not Palin.

That said, let’s take a closer look at Couric: Could it be that she didn’t know who the President was is ’29, when she did the Biden interview? I’d say there’s a good chance that she didn’t. If that’s the case, and given that we have no proof to the contrary, should Couric even be interviewing any of the candidates in the race to the White House?

Why isn’t the press going for the “gotcha” moment with Biden, or Obama, for that matter? Neither of them has any more experience than Palin. Personally, I think Palin scares the living shit out of the Democratic Party, not because of her credentials, but because if McCain gets elected she has, in my opinion, unequaled potential to become the 45th President following a successful McCain administration. That my friend, instills far more fear in Democrats than Palin assuming office due to McCain’s death during his administration.

By the way, Pailin did answer Couric’s question then, Couric did exactly what she said she wasn’t doing: she “belabored” the point.

I don’t have a problem with the press drilling Palin to get an understanding of her knowledge. My problem is that the perss isn't drilling Biden, or Obama, with the same ferocity, which leads us back to the point of my original post: Couric didn’t bother to challenge Biden (because she didn't know?) when he didn’t know what the hell he was talking about, which is irrefutable.

Don't be disingenuous. Of course you have a problem with Palin being questioned by the media. Palin has had a bunch of soft interviews. She blew even those. Couric is not exactly a tough interviewer but even she managed to expose Palin. How would Palin go outside the US where real journalists put real questions to people? She would collapse.

You're pissed because the poster girl fell over. Bad luck. McCain tried a Hal Mary and he got a Jesus, Mary and Joseph in return. McCain has failed, Palin has failed and the GOP has failed. But they failed because of their total incompetence and not because of Katie Couric.

Obama has been in the spotlight for a while. The public know him, and are familiar with his name and his presence. He has talked to the press MANY times, and has been interviewed many times, not to mention, withstood a debate against a man who is supposed to be an expert on foreign policy, and completely stood his ground. The issue here is competence, and Obama has CLEARLY showed he is intellectually capable enough to handle the information necessary to negotiate his current job as Senator, and prospective job as President (in my opinion).

Palin is a new face and has never been put under the spotlight the way she has been recently, because of her run for the VP. She has to be interviewed, probed, and prodded because we need to verify her credibility as a prospect for the WHITE HOUSE. If she can't stand up to Katie Couric, how the hell is she going to stand-up to Putin, or anyone in the White House?

C'mon... Don't act like this is a conspiracy. Who the hell cares if Couric didn't know who the president was in '29? She is the interviewer, not the interviewee. She is not the one who is going to be in control, possibly, over the most powerful nation on Earth. Her job is to ask questions, and let the viewer decide. This kind of arguement that you are trying to make NoObama, really pisses me off, and conservatives ALWAYS pull this. I find it much like complaining. You're VP pick is getting treated "unfairly." Too bad. Let's stick to the facts, and clearly Palin doesn't have much command over the facts she needs to know.

Obama has been in the spotlight for a while. The public know him, and are familiar with his name and his presence. He has talked to the press MANY times, and has been interviewed many times, not to mention, withstood a debate against a man who is supposed to be an expert on foreign policy, and completely stood his ground. The issue here is competence, and Obama has CLEARLY showed he is intellectually capable enough to handle the information necessary to negotiate his current job as Senator, and prospective job as President (in my opinion).

Palin is a new face and has never been put under the spotlight the way she has been recently, because of her run for the VP. She has to be interviewed, probed, and prodded because we need to verify her credibility as a prospect for the WHITE HOUSE. If she can't stand up to Katie Couric, how the hell is she going to stand-up to Putin, or anyone in the White House?

C'mon... Don't act like this is a conspiracy. Who the hell cares if Couric didn't know who the president was in '29? She is the interviewer, not the interviewee. She is not the one who is going to be in control, possibly, over the most powerful nation on Earth. Her job is to ask questions, and let the viewer decide. This kind of arguement that you are trying to make NoObama, really pisses me off, and conservatives ALWAYS pull this. I find it much like complaining. You're VP pick is getting treated "unfairly." Too bad. Let's stick to the facts, and clearly Palin doesn't have much command over the facts she needs to know.

McCain ..an expert on Foreign Policy.... LMAO.

Every foreign leader would laugh the elderly terrorist supporting midget out of the room. The man is as retarded as Bush... Foreign Policy expert ... :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

McCain ..an expert on Foreign Policy.... LMAO.

Every foreign leader would laugh the elderly terrorist supporting midget out of the room. The man is as retarded as Bush... Foreign Policy expert ... :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:

I'm confused as to who exactly you are putting down here: McCain for being stupid, Obama for not losing to someone who is stupid, or Me, for... I don't know?

And what the hell does Limey, we got pagans mean? Jesus...

can You Imagine If That Old Bastard Died And That Crazy Check Was Running The Show !
I Mean Corrupt Nwo Cabal Leaders Are One Thing But This Chick Is Mental...no If Anything Happens To Him The Cia Would Be Forced To Take Her Out For The Sake Of The Nation

Lol

I'm confused as to who exactly you are putting down here: McCain for being stupid, Obama for not losing to someone who is stupid, or Me, for... I don't know?

It was the poster who said that McCain is a foreign policy expert.

His imprisonment in vietnam makes him an expert....:badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:???

The man is so undiplomatic... has absolutely zero presence... and is deeply uneducated. He has ZERO foreign policy experience...because he is retarded..and is controlled by the defence industry.

Michael wears a straight jacket, don't worry about it. he's :cuckoo: and needs his rabies shot. it's overdue.

Don't be disingenuous. Of course you have a problem with Palin being questioned by the media. Palin has had a bunch of soft interviews. She blew even those. Couric is not exactly a tough interviewer but even she managed to expose Palin. How would Palin go outside the US where real journalists put real questions to people? She would collapse.

You're pissed because the poster girl fell over. Bad luck. McCain tried a Hal Mary and he got a Jesus, Mary and Joseph in return. McCain has failed, Palin has failed and the GOP has failed. But they failed because of their total incompetence and not because of Katie Couric.

You have a right to your opinion, but like I said:

"I don’t have a problem with the press drilling Palin to get an understanding of her knowledge. My problem is that the press isn't drilling Biden, or Obama, with the same ferocity, which leads us back to the point of my original post: Couric didn’t bother to challenge Biden (because she didn't know?) when he didn’t know what the hell he was talking about, which is irrefutable."

Could it be that she didn’t know who the President was is ’29, when she did the Biden interview?

McCain doesn't even know how many homes he owns. That's way worse then not knowing who the president was in '29 in my book >_>

Why isn’t the press going for the “gotcha” moment with Biden, or Obama, for that matter?

Because the press are American citizens 1st, media 2nd. They know Palin doesn't know what the hell she is talking about. Plus the media doesn't want 4 more years of the last 8 years. Remember, McCain agrees with Bush 90% of the time -_-

Personally, I think Palin scares the living shit out of the Democratic Party,

She scares the crap outta me and a lot of other people because she can potentially become president of the United States of America if McCain wins the job. I'm not saying she isn't a smart woman, but it's evident this job isn't for her. She should go back to Alaska and continue doing what she was doing before McCain asked to be VP.

The reason they don't get drilled the same way she does is because they don't give back BULL$HIT answers. I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to politics but when I heard her replies after the questions were asked, I knew she was BS'n around. Especially with that Charles Gibson interview. She clearly tried to fish for an answer when he asked her about the Bush Doctrine. She woulda looked less stupid if she asked him what it was so she could give the best possible answer but she didn't do that. She said "In what respect Charlie?" trying to get Gibson to give her a little bit more information on what tjhe Bush Doctrine was. Plus she was avoiding the media ever sense being selected. That didn't help much either. If your VP, you wanna be on camera as much as possible trying to represent your party.

I wish Tim Russert we're still alive :( He would really expose her and he isn't biased. Not saying that Charles Gibson and Katie Couric are. She's the hockey mom from Alaska and they wanna know what she knows and what she's bout. If you fail with the media, you pretty much fail with the citizens and their votes.

Last edited:
Whew, I'm not even going to try sorting all that out but, I hope you feel better having said it.

I'll cut and paste this one more time:

Last edited:
What accomplishments! Getting us into a war under false pretences! Hmmmmmm In the reality I live in, we were again attacked by terrorists. This time it was on our soil and catastrophic. Smart move to take out a dictator, draw the targets there, and marginalize OBL all in a few short years. And, as a cap, the Pakistanis now understand that we will not tolerate them not taking care of their own back yard. Starting such bad programs as no child left behind!Among other things! Uh, NCLB is a law enacted by Congress. The President is limited to signing or vetoing it. Please re-read the constitution were the roles and authorities are laid out.

Please read the first blog post referenced in my signature. That way I don't have to retype it and you will get the point.

Whew, I'm not even going to try sorting all that out but, I hope you feel better having said it.

I'll cut and paste this one more time:

Of course they are going to drill Palin about her knowledge she hasn't been around for this whole year or the past 25 years. No one knew about her until a month ago, and don't you think the people need to know about her. And the fact Couric doesn't know shit, BIG SURPRISE! How many times as McCain said something that was wrong an interview! People sometimes make mistakes on their answers.

First point I would like to make is that the Biden slip is a) not as egregious as it is being made out to be, and b) a minor mistake irrelevant to the point he was making. Bear with me if you will. I want to present an analogy.

Our young quarterback today showed great leadership. When our star running back was injured, he took it upon himself to keep spirits up in the huddle and lead his team to victory.

Now, here is Biden's quote.

When the stock market crashed, Franklin Roosevelt got on television and didn't just talk about the, you know, princes of greed. He said, “look, here's what happened.”

If you believe that this can only be interpreted as Biden thinking that Roosevelt was president at the exact moment of the crash, then you must also take the analogy above and admit that if you read it, you could only interpret it to mean that the quarterback huddled his players up at the exact moment the running back was injured. Obviously that is not the case. Truthfully, he could have done it the next play, or over the next few plays, or all throughout. Similarly, the Biden comment can be interpreted differently depending on whether "when the stock market crashed" is interpreted as a specific point in time or is a generalized reference encompassing the resultant economic depression.

As for the the TV/Radio mix-up, it is a very minor and easily understood mix-up besides being irrelevant to the point he was making. Roosevelt did give "fireside chats" over the radio explaining to people about the economic crisis. At the same time, memory often latches more strongly to visual images, and for me- and likely many others- it is common when thinking of Roosevelt to picture him speaking in those grainy black and white videos. That combined with the prevalence of TV in our culture as a means of communication and the development of TV as a major source of communication, a large part of which took place while Roosevelt was in office, makes such a mistake while speaking off the cuff very understandable. Roosevelt made his first fireside chat in 1933, and probably the best known video of him- the signing of the social security act- was filmed in 1935. As early as 1928 live television was being broadcast locally in New York. And by 1929 there were at least two stations broadcasting tv signals in New York. And of course, FDR was began his term as governor of New York in 1929. It is not inconceivable that at some point the governor of New York might have been broadcast over these signals or that he might have commented on the economic which occurred then, but there are no records so it cannot be resolved for now. It may be the Biden was in fact correct, but since I seriously doubt that this was what he was referring to, I will consider it a mistake. No free passes for luck. However it made no difference to his point about leadership. Which brings me to...

My other point is that Palin's remarks are more relevant which is why there is greater scrutiny by Couric, other media, and the general public. And they are questions suggested by the situation. The McCain campaign has aligned itself more strongly to its base over the last year- for example on abortion and taxes- where McCain has completely reversed his stance. I'm not judging his action, nor suggesting he is the only person to ever do that, but it does beg the question about where he stands on regulation. He says he favors it to clean up Wall Street, but it is counter to his traditional base and all his other moves have been closer to that base. Despite his epithet, Couric discovered that he overwhelmingly voted against regulation in his 26 years. Throw in the fact that Palin rarely misses a chance to say that Obama is more talk than action and you're practically asking for this question to be put to you. And it's relevant since it is part of their campaign platform, unlike whether or not Roosevelt was on TV. If you want to equate a potential VP stating that her foreign policy experience is based on Alaska being close to Russia, having no idea about the Bush Doctrine, and getting caught being hypocritical about her and her running-mate's criticisms with a potential VP stating that Roosevelt showed leadership by explaining the depression to people over the TV instead of Roosevelt showed leadership by explaining the depression to people over the Radio, then go ahead. But I think you are being dishonest with yourself.

Forum List

Back