Pagan roots of Valentines (Lupercalia) Day Exposed

Happy Valentine's Day, Jeri!
I consider every day to be the Lord's Day, mdk. He's the maker of heaven and earth. You know in the first chapter of John, Jesus Christ is revealed as God and as the Creator! Have a look!

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15 John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.

16 And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace.

17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.

18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

19 And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou?

20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No.

22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias.

24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.

25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet?

26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not;

27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose.

28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples;

36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus.

38 Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou?

39 He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour.

40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.

41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.

Where did Valentines Day come from? Do you know the history of it? Did you know that it has nothing to do with a saint named Valentine and is really based on the worship of Nimrod and is celebrating a feast called Lupercalia? Should Christians celebrate Valentines Day when it is clearly a pagan holiday that is an abomination before God? God warns us in His Word to have nothing to do with Pagan rituals, feasts and the worship of false gods. Many do not know the pagan roots of Valentines.
69bf1700f29efd5418c040e7d47726eb.jpg

Watch this informative video and look up the bible scriptures provided that will prove that Lupercalia (Valentine's day) is a day Christians should have nothing to do with.

That description reads like an invite to a frat party at UC Berkeley.

A lot of work for someone bitter because they never got a Valentines card or flowers or candy in their life.
Nonsense. I do not have anything to do with Satanic feast days. I do not celebrate October 31st either. If you do, you are ignoring the word of God which warns you that those who celebrate such things have put themselves under a curse.
Sooo...can we also assume that you also do not celebrate Christmas (Yule), or Easter (Eostra)? Or are those "different"?
That's right. I do not celebrate those either. It's all the same. Pagan days that no Christian should have anything to do with.
Okay. Well, at least you're consistent. I actually appreciate a Christian who honestly admits that the Cristian religion stole all of its biggest holidays from the pagans.

Cern have you ever wondered why the occult is not consistent in its results / success in their spells, incantations, hexes.. ? It is one of the reasons that has led many satanists, Wiccans, occult followers to Jesus Christ. There really are not any guarantees with an outcome concerning the occult whereas when I pray to my God, Jesus Christ, He answers me.

I know that if I abide in Him and His Word abides in me that whatsoever I am asking for, the Lord will do it. I'm not talking about praying for money or material things although if I needed something I could ask for it and I know God would answer. He's done it before. No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. That is a promise from God. There are so many wonderful promises from God for us. You know? My prayers are usually focused on salvation for people and their deliverance.
Really? You do realise that you just implied that you get 100% of everything you ever pray for, right? If you are really claiming that, the that would make you unique among Christians. How do you explain, then, the good Christians who pray for their children who have been striken with some disease, or another, and those children still die. Your prayers are no more effective than my spells.

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to experience the peace of God, the rest in Jesus Christ and the assurance that your name was written in the Lamb's book of Life and that God would be taking you to heaven when you leave this earth?
Did you know that Satan cannot read your mind? It's true. He can't read your mind. You could consider what I am saying and think about this. God loves you so much that he sent his only begotten son to die for your sins. There is no sin so great that God could not, or would not forgive you for. Many people who were deeply into the New Age, Satanism and other beliefs have been gloriously delivered and are serving Jesus Christ today.
I very much know that Satan cannot read my mind, as Satan is an imaginary boogeyman created by Christians to a) frighten children into obedience with, and b) use as a scapegoat for every unhealthy choice they make in their life "I was tested by Satan, and failed...". I did, once worry about whether or not your Jesus knew me, and whether I would go to heaven. Then I went to Seminary, I learned what the Bible actually says (in its original text, not the translations that most people are familiar with), and I realised that Christianity, at its best has it wrong, and at its worst is an absolute sham.

The protection of God is far greater than any protection of an earthly kind we could comprehend. God is well able to protect all who come to Him. He can snap those chains in less than a second. There is nothing too difficult for God. I want you to know that God loves you very much. Jesus died for you, He loves you that much. Has anyone ever loved you that much that they were willing to die for you? It's something to think about. God's plans for you are good because the Lord is good. I know that what you may see on television as the church doesn't look too inviting and I would be the first to agree with you on that one but there are Believers who are seeking the Lord and desire to obey Him not only on Sunday but every day.
God can protect me from what? You make this statement as if I need protection from something.

As you know, for everything that is counterfeit there has to be the genuine article, right? Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty. He's the One true God, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end and He's got a great plan for your life. I hope you will think about giving your life to Jesus Christ and invite him to become your Lord and your Savior. I made that decision long ago (October 18th, 1989 at 8:58 p.m.) and it was the best decision I ever made in my life. I've never regretted it, Cern. Neither will you.
So to be clear, The God of Christianity is the only God in existence, correct?

ding. Just so you know, ding, this is why I mock, and ridicule Christians. You act as if Christians are just poor victims who just want to live their lives, and be left alone, so why can't us mean ole atheists just live, and let live. But that isn't what you do, now is it? You feel the need to proselytise, and force everyone into your little pigeon holes. That, in and of itself, would be bad enough, as annoying as it is, but you don't even stop there. Oh no! You attempt to infect our secular government with your religious, magical thinking, and create laws that dictat3e that everyone behave as if they agree with your inane, little beliefs, whether we actually do, or not.

Nonsense. I do not have anything to do with Satanic feast days. I do not celebrate October 31st either. If you do, you are ignoring the word of God which warns you that those who celebrate such things have put themselves under a curse.
Sooo...can we also assume that you also do not celebrate Christmas (Yule), or Easter (Eostra)? Or are those "different"?
That's right. I do not celebrate those either. It's all the same. Pagan days that no Christian should have anything to do with.
Okay. Well, at least you're consistent. I actually appreciate a Christian who honestly admits that the Cristian religion stole all of its biggest holidays from the pagans.

Cern have you ever wondered why the occult is not consistent in its results / success in their spells, incantations, hexes.. ? It is one of the reasons that has led many satanists, Wiccans, occult followers to Jesus Christ. There really are not any guarantees with an outcome concerning the occult whereas when I pray to my God, Jesus Christ, He answers me.

I know that if I abide in Him and His Word abides in me that whatsoever I am asking for, the Lord will do it. I'm not talking about praying for money or material things although if I needed something I could ask for it and I know God would answer. He's done it before. No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly. That is a promise from God. There are so many wonderful promises from God for us. You know? My prayers are usually focused on salvation for people and their deliverance.
Really? You do realise that you just implied that you get 100% of everything you ever pray for, right? If you are really claiming that, the that would make you unique among Christians. How do you explain, then, the good Christians who pray for their children who have been striken with some disease, or another, and those children still die. Your prayers are no more effective than my spells.

Have you ever thought about what it would be like to experience the peace of God, the rest in Jesus Christ and the assurance that your name was written in the Lamb's book of Life and that God would be taking you to heaven when you leave this earth?
Did you know that Satan cannot read your mind? It's true. He can't read your mind. You could consider what I am saying and think about this. God loves you so much that he sent his only begotten son to die for your sins. There is no sin so great that God could not, or would not forgive you for. Many people who were deeply into the New Age, Satanism and other beliefs have been gloriously delivered and are serving Jesus Christ today.
I very much know that Satan cannot read my mind, as Satan is an imaginary boogeyman created by Christians to a) frighten children into obedience with, and b) use as a scapegoat for every unhealthy choice they make in their life "I was tested by Satan, and failed...". I did, once worry about whether or not your Jesus knew me, and whether I would go to heaven. Then I went to Seminary, I learned what the Bible actually says (in its original text, not the translations that most people are familiar with), and I realised that Christianity, at its best has it wrong, and at its worst is an absolute sham.

The protection of God is far greater than any protection of an earthly kind we could comprehend. God is well able to protect all who come to Him. He can snap those chains in less than a second. There is nothing too difficult for God. I want you to know that God loves you very much. Jesus died for you, He loves you that much. Has anyone ever loved you that much that they were willing to die for you? It's something to think about. God's plans for you are good because the Lord is good. I know that what you may see on television as the church doesn't look too inviting and I would be the first to agree with you on that one but there are Believers who are seeking the Lord and desire to obey Him not only on Sunday but every day.
God can protect me from what? You make this statement as if I need protection from something.

As you know, for everything that is counterfeit there has to be the genuine article, right? Jesus Christ is the Lord God Almighty. He's the One true God, the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end and He's got a great plan for your life. I hope you will think about giving your life to Jesus Christ and invite him to become your Lord and your Savior. I made that decision long ago (October 18th, 1989 at 8:58 p.m.) and it was the best decision I ever made in my life. I've never regretted it, Cern. Neither will you.
So to be clear, The God of Christianity is the only God in existence, correct?

I want to respond to you on each of your replies so I am adding your 1st response here:
Really? You do realise that you just implied that you get 100% of everything you ever pray for, right? If you are really claiming that, the that would make you unique among Christians. How do you explain, then, the good Christians who pray for their children who have been striken with some disease, or another, and those children still die. Your prayers are no more effective than my spells. - end quote

There are different types of prayers, Cern. As I pray God's will be done, I can tell you that many times it would not have been my choice and it was only that I wanted God's will over my own will that I was able to accept the outcome. Sometimes that was very difficult. God has always answered my prayers even though there were times that I found out much later the answer to that prayer. I have been led to pray for my own child (who is grown) before only to get a phone call in the middle of the night (same day I prayed for him) that his boss hit a telephone pole which went right through the windshield and in front of his face (he was on the passenger side) and he didn't have a scratch on him. They were going about 50 mph they told me when they hit that telephone pole. My son didn't have his seat belt on. He couldn't explain it but something held him in the seat on impact. I know what it was. It was the Lord's holy angel that kept him in that seat.

I have so many answers to prayers that I have received in my life that I do not believe I would be able to tell you all of them if I had a week to do it. I've got prayers I've prayed the past several months that I know Jesus has answered but I do not know how it is being answered because it is for other people and sometimes I find out a long time afterward. Most of my prayers are for other people so it is an ongoing answer coming in and so you may wonder how do I know that Jesus has answered all my prayers? Because he is in eternity where there is no time. I know he hears me. I know I am his child and he hears my prayers. The Word of God is full of God's promises, Cern. I know that God always keeps his promises to me. He has never let me down. Not once!

Why do good Christians who pray for their children to be healed still die? Each case is unique and we do not know the details of those situations but as the Lord knows all things He could see that that there was something coming ahead that would have devastated his life and shipwrecked his faith. We have to trust God because it is God who holds our times in his hands. He is a very loving God and comforts those parents when they lose their child too, you know. He does not abandon them. He is near to the broken hearted, Cern.

You say that your spells are just as powerful as my prayers. From a testimony I heard from a former Satanist he said that he wasn't getting results from every spell. I am going by memory here but I believe he said that the results were about 50% of the time which meant that the other 50% of the time his spells did not work as he had planned. Does that sound about right? I'll have to look it up as I have his book and his testimony. I've also noted in several testimonies of former Satanists and Witches that they said their spells against Christians who were living holy lives did not work and in at least one case I believe they saw a wall of fire surrounding them. I'm going by my memory but I believe that when they asked Lucifer about it they were not given an answer but sensed that something was wrong. That Jesus Christ had more power than Lucifer and that his children were protected by a supernatural power which Satan had no power over. Have you ever experienced that before or heard a testimony of such an experience? It's not uncommon.

So you are serving a god that cannot guarantee you 100% results and I'm serving a God that has not only promised to hear me and answer but has given me an abundance of promises that are activated by two things - my faith and my obedience - and there is no limit to what my God can do! My Jesus is not a hard taskmaster. He gives me rest. His yoke is not heavy. His commands are not bearing down on me like heavy weights. I am free of fear. I have peace in my heart. I feel compassion and love for other people. I know that my name is written in the Lamb's book of life and I know that what the Lord did for me He will do for you. He is no respecter of persons.

There is one more thing. My God defeated your god at the cross 2,000 years ago and the demons do not like to remember that day. You could ask them about that day when Jesus Christ defeated Satan and took the keys of hell and death from him. And ask yourself, why would you want to serve a god that is not all powerful? A god that cannot reward you with immortality, becoming a god, or ruling in hell because he does not have the authority to do any of that even though he does promise those type of rewards to his servants. He is doomed. He knows his time is short and he knows that if you find out that his power is limited and that he has to petition my God first for permission to do certain things to certain people, to bring destruction, to harm them (that is why your spells do not work all the time, sometimes my God does not grant Satan permission) that you may choose to follow Jesus Christ. Also you must realize that he is going to be cast into the lake of fire at the end, his destruction has already been decided by God and only God knows that day when it will happen. If he is in a lake of fire for all eternity, how is he going to help you?

Cern, what will it profit a man to gain the whole world only to lose his own soul? Yes, Satan can give you money, material things of this world or whatever temporal things you are desiring but at what price? Your soul? God forbid!

Do you have any idea how valuable you are to God? There can be no price put on you! You were created in the image of God! You are God's highest creation! A man created in the image of God! Do you have any idea how much Satan hates you? When he looks at you he sees a man created in the image of God! He is jealous of you! He knows that you can have what he will never have because he lost it through his own rebellion!

Consider what I am telling you because I believe God has a wonderful plan for your life and I want to see that plan happen! I believe God it will happen! Satan is a thief. He is called the father of lies. He has come to steal, to kill and to destroy. Right now he is seeking to rob you of the free gift of salvation which Jesus Christ paid for to redeem you. Jesus Christ died on a cross and shed his blood for you in order to pay your ransom. To redeem you. YOU. If you had been the only man on the earth at the time he would have come and died for you alone. That is how much God loves you.

I want to respond to you on each of your replies so I am adding your 1st response here:
Really? You do realise that you just implied that you get 100% of everything you ever pray for, right? If you are really claiming that, the that would make you unique among Christians. How do you explain, then, the good Christians who pray for their children who have been striken with some disease, or another, and those children still die. Your prayers are no more effective than my spells. - end quote

There are different types of prayers, Cern. As I pray God's will be done, I can tell you that many times it would not have been my choice and it was only that I wanted God's will over my own will that I was able to accept the outcome. Sometimes that was very difficult. God has always answered my prayers even though there were times that I found out much later the answer to that prayer. I have been led to pray for my own child (who is grown) before only to get a phone call in the middle of the night (same day I prayed for him) that his boss hit a telephone pole which went right through the windshield and in front of his face (he was on the passenger side) and he didn't have a scratch on him. They were going about 50 mph they told me when they hit that telephone pole. My son didn't have his seat belt on. He couldn't explain it but something held him in the seat on impact. I know what it was. It was the Lord's holy angel that kept him in that seat.

I have so many answers to prayers that I have received in my life that I do not believe I would be able to tell you all of them if I had a week to do it. I've got prayers I've prayed the past several months that I know Jesus has answered but I do not know how it is being answered because it is for other people and sometimes I find out a long time afterward. Most of my prayers are for other people so it is an ongoing answer coming in and so you may wonder how do I know that Jesus has answered all my prayers? Because he is in eternity where there is no time. I know he hears me. I know I am his child and he hears my prayers. The Word of God is full of God's promises, Cern. I know that God always keeps his promises to me. He has never let me down. Not once!

Why do good Christians who pray for their children to be healed still die? Each case is unique and we do not know the details of those situations but as the Lord knows all things He could see that that there was something coming ahead that would have devastated his life and shipwrecked his faith. We have to trust God because it is God who holds our times in his hands. He is a very loving God and comforts those parents when they lose their child too, you know. He does not abandon them. He is near to the broken hearted, Cern.
So, when you claim that God "always answers prayers", you don't mean that every person's prayer has a positive outcome, only that "God heard them, and answered them, and, sometimes, the answer is no", correct?

This is your second reply, Cern:

Satan would like for you to believe that he doesn't exist and I do realize that there are followers of Wicca, Pagans, who do not believe in Satan. But there are also higher level witches who know the truth of who they are serving. They are serving Satan. So if you do not believe that Satan exists and that the craft you are into has nothing to do with him you should at least consider examining some books that are written by former Pagans who learned the truth and decided to get out of it and follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

Would you be willing to read a book or two that would counter the argument you are making here? You say that you went to Seminary and that they taught you the Bible from its original text? I hope that was the King James Version Bible because if not I suspect that the Seminary you attended may have been infiltrated with Satan's servants and you got a hold of some bad teaching. It happens. Satan has schools here in the United States that train his people to pretend to be bible study teachers and they get jobs at Seminaries where they then proceed to shipwreck the faith of the students who attend. They are very well trained and crafty in how they do it. We have had such people here on USMB before. They pretend to be Christians but they are not. They are servants of Lucifer.

So, when you claim that God "always answers prayers", you don't mean that every person's prayer has a positive outcome, only that "God heard them, and answered them, and, sometimes, the answer is no", correct?

You said: So, when you claim that God "always answers prayers", you don't mean that every person's prayer has a positive outcome, only that "God heard them, and answered them, and, sometimes, the answer is no", correct? - end quote

Well, Cern, I can only speak for myself because I don't know about another person's walk with God and whether they have done something wicked to someone (God won't hear their prayer until they repent) or have unforgiveness in their heart (that will hinder prayer too). For myself, sometimes God's answer has been wait.. Sometimes God's answer has been the exact opposite of what I had hoped for and my heart felt as if it were in a vice being crushed over the matter but later on I could clearly see that God was looking at the bigger picture down the road and a greater testimony for his glory.

He heard my prayer, he answered it but not at all how I had wanted it to be and yet? I knew his will before I ever prayed about the matter! I just had a very difficult time accepting it. It was my hope that some how his will could be changed on the matter and he could do something different and I did go back to him a few times as I recall and remind him I need for this to be Your Will God, not mine! Because I knew that I'm not an exceptionally smart person, I do not see far ahead on matters and felt very deep agony over the matter it was far better for me to keep in mind that my heavenly Father knew best about it. So yes, I'm telling you that His answers were sometimes not what I wanted them to be but I can also tell you that I know that they are bringing about a far greater outcome - a far better, far more positive outcome than if I had been granted the desire of my heart on the matter.

Satan would like for you to believe that he doesn't exist and I do realize that there are followers of Wicca, Pagans, who do not believe in Satan. But there are also higher level witches who know the truth of who they are serving. They are serving Satan. So if you do not believe that Satan exists and that the craft you are into has nothing to do with him you should at least consider examining some books that are written by former Pagans who learned the truth and decided to get out of it and follow the Lord Jesus Christ.

Would you be willing to read a book or two that would counter the argument you are making here? You say that you went to Seminary and that they taught you the Bible from its original text? I hope that was the King James Version Bible because if not I suspect that the Seminary you attended may have been infiltrated with Satan's servants and you got a hold of some bad teaching. It happens. Satan has schools here in the United States that train his people to pretend to be bible study teachers and they get jobs at Seminaries where they then proceed to shipwreck the faith of the students who attend. They are very well trained and crafty in how they do it. We have had such people here on USMB before. They pretend to be Christians but they are not. They are servants of Lucifer.
No. The King James was absolutely not the original text. I'm sorry. When I say the original text, I mean that I was tasked with translating the Bible from it's original Hebrew (OT), and Greek (NT). You would be amazed at what the Bible actually says when you take the time to do this for yourself.

As to your request, no, I don't think I would. You presume that because I am a pagan, I am also a theist - albeit a polytheist. I'm not. I am an atheist. I am not worried that "the gods and goddesses" I "worship" are false, because I do not worship any deities.

You said: So, when you claim that God "always answers prayers", you don't mean that every person's prayer has a positive outcome, only that "God heard them, and answered them, and, sometimes, the answer is no", correct? - end quote

Well, Cern, I can only speak for myself because I don't know about another person's walk with God and whether they have done something wicked to someone (God won't hear their prayer until they repent) or have unforgiveness in their heart (that will hinder prayer too). For myself, sometimes God's answer has been wait.. Sometimes God's answer has been the exact opposite of what I had hoped for and my heart felt as if it were in a vice being crushed over the matter but later on I could clearly see that God was looking at the bigger picture down the road and a greater testimony for his glory.

He heard my prayer, he answered it but not at all how I had wanted it to be and yet? I knew his will before I ever prayed about the matter! I just had a very difficult time accepting it. It was my hope that some how his will could be changed on the matter and he could do something different and I did go back to him a few times as I recall and remind him I need for this to be Your Will God, not mine! Because I knew that I'm not an exceptionally smart person, I do not see far ahead on matters and felt very deep agony over the matter it was far better for me to keep in mind that my heavenly Father knew best about it. So yes, I'm telling you that His answers were sometimes not what I wanted them to be but I can also tell you that I know that they are bringing about a far greater outcome - a far better, far more positive outcome than if I had been granted the desire of my heart on the matter.
Well, magick is exactly the same. The point of magick is not to give us what we want - it isn't like shopping. It is to give us what we need. In fact, the laws of magick are very specific. When you attempt spells rom "the wrong perspective", not only will you not get what you were hoping for, but you will, likely, get something else entirely; not because "the gods" are capricious, but because the universe works in balance, and when one attempts to upset that balance, the universe defends itself. So, my spells, and rituals work just as accurately as do your prayers. I have never once had a ritual that did not work, although I have had rituals that did not produce the outcome that I expected. So, tell me how your God is any different from my magick?

Last edited:
You ask: God can protect me from what? You make this statement as if I need protection from something.
-end quote

Is there anyone on this earth that does not need protection from evil, Cern? We are living in an world full of evil. Only God can protect us.

No. The King James was absolutely not the original text. I'm sorry. When I say the original text, I mean that I was tasked with translating the Bible from it's original Hebrew (OT), and Greek (NT). You would be amazed at what the Bible actually says when you take the time to do this for yourself.

As to your request, no, I don't think I would. You presume that because I am a pagan, I am also a theist - albeit a polytheist. I'm not. I am an atheist. I am not worried that "the gods and goddesses" I "worship" are false, because I do not worship any deities.
The King James Bible is the one that God has approved of and the evidence is in the many millions who have been saved, delivered, healed and comforted from reading it. What other book on earth can reveal the very power of God this way to mankind? I thank God for the King James Bible! As for your being an atheist that does not worship the gods and goddesses that does not surprise me because I have found people speak before of customizing their own belief system / craft in the occult. So it does not surprise me to hear you say that you are a pagan but you do not worship the gods and goddesses.

Well, magick is exactly the same. The point of magick is not to give us what we want - it isn't like shopping. It is to give us what we need. In fact, the laws of magick are very specific. When you attempt spells rom "the wrong perspective", not only will you not get what you were hoping for, but you will, likely, get something else entirely; not because "the gods" are capricious, but because the universe works in balance, and when one attempts to upset that balance, the universe defends itself. So, my spells, and rituals work just as accurately as do your prayers. I have never once had a ritual that did not work, although I have had rituals that did not produce the outcome that I expected. So, tell me how your God is any different from my magick?
You write:
Well, magick is exactly the same. The point of magick is not to give us what we want - it isn't like shopping. It is to give us what we need. In fact, the laws of magick are very specific. When you attempt spells rom "the wrong perspective", not only will you not get what you were hoping for, but you will, likely, get something else entirely; not because "the gods" are capricious, but because the universe works in balance, and when one attempts to upset that balance, the universe defends itself. So, my spells, and rituals work just as accurately as do your prayers. I have never once had a ritual that did not work, although I have had rituals that did not produce the outcome that I expected. So, tell me how your God is any different from my magick?[/QUOTE]

Have you ever heard the story about Moses when he went before Pharoah? My God is more powerful than the gods you speak of are. My God proved this when He sent Moses before Pharoah to tell him to let his people go. Do you know the story?

You ask: God can protect me from what? You make this statement as if I need protection from something.
-end quote

Is there anyone on this earth that does not need protection from evil, Cern? We are living in an world full of evil. Only God can protect us.
Oh my! I'm sorry. What a scary world you live in. I do not live in a world filled with evil. I live in a world filled with beauty, and wonder. A world, granted, that is filled with people who are selfish, stupid, shortsighted, and entirely unpredictable. However, I don't need some supernatural b3eing to protect me from them. I have the law, and society for that. But an "evil world"/ No. I do not live in such a place. I am sorry that you do. I can understand why you eed your God to protect you. I hope he does so.

-end quote

Oh my! I'm sorry. What a scary world you live in. I do not live in a world filled with evil. I live in a world filled with beauty, and wonder. A world, granted, that is filled with people who are selfish, stupid, shortsighted, and entirely unpredictable. However, I don't need some supernatural b3eing to protect me from them. I have the law, and society for that. But an "evil world"/ No. I do not live in such a place. I am sorry that you do. I can understand why you eed your God to protect you. I hope he does so.
I'm not afraid because I am a child of God and according to Luke 10:19 God has given me authority over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm me. But we do live in a world that is (as you say) filled with people who are selfish, stupid, shortsighted and entirely unpredictable. Now you say that you do not need some supernatural being to protect you from them. That you have the law and society for that. But I have a question for you. What happens if a witch that is more powerful than you are comes into your territory and tries to take over and drive you out through their own warfare against you and you are losing the battle? What do you then? Move to another city? What if it happens there? Whose going to protect you when your life is in danger?

The King James Bible is the one that God has approved of and the evidence is in the many millions who have been saved, delivered, healed and comforted from reading it. What other book on earth can reveal the very power of God this way to mankind? I thank God for the King James Bible! As for your being an atheist that does not worship the gods and goddesses that does not surprise me because I have found people speak before of customizing their own belief system / craft in the occult. So it does not surprise me to hear you say that you are a pagan but you do not worship the gods and goddesses.
No it isn't. The King James Bible is the version that a king endorsed, and approved. It was a version that was created for political reasons. James felt that previous English versions did not demonstrate the proper deference to kings, so he commissioned a new, more "respectful" version. His translators had no access to any of the older texts, were not conversant in koine Greek, and were practically illiterate in Hebrew. So, the version is riddled with grammatical, and contextual errors. Again, when one goes back to the original texts, one is surprised to learn what the Bible actually says, compared to what they had been taught it says.

ding. Just so you know, ding, this is why I mock, and ridicule Christians. You act as if Christians are just poor victims who just want to live their lives, and be left alone, so why can't us mean ole atheists just live, and let live. But that isn't what you do, now is it? You feel the need to proselytise, and force everyone into your little pigeon holes. That, in and of itself, would be bad enough, as annoying as it is, but you don't even stop there. Oh no! You attempt to infect our secular government with your religious, magical thinking, and create laws that dictat3e that everyone behave as if they agree with your inane, little beliefs, whether we actually do, or not.
Stop rationalizing why you do it. You do it because you are a fucking asshole.

-end quote

I'm not afraid because I am a child of God and according to Luke 10:19 God has given me authority over all the power of the enemy and nothing shall by any means harm me. But we do live in a world that is (as you say) filled with people who are selfish, stupid, shortsighted and entirely unpredictable. Now you say that you do not need some supernatural being to protect you from them. That you have the law and society for that. But I have a question for you. What happens if a witch that is more powerful than you are comes into your territory and tries to take over and drive you out through their own warfare against you and you are losing the battle? What do you then? Move to another city? What if it happens there? Whose going to protect you when your life is in danger?
But I should be afraid? What happens if a what does who?!?! You've been playing too much D&D, my friend. What do you think witches are? Wolves that piss on the ground and stake out territory? It doesn't work that way. Not outside of a fantasy novel, anyway. LOL:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back