Pacific Ocean and AGW Question

Despite their recent denials, the AGW Cult is trying to convince us that the reason for the recent pause in AGW, that is, the decline they try to hide by manipulating the data, really does exist. First, there was no decline, now they admit there is a "pause" but -- the reason for it is" the Pacific Ocean ate my AGW

I know, it's laughable, but bear with me.

"In a study out today in the journal Science, researchers say that the middle depths of a part of the Pacific Ocean have warmed 15 times faster in the past 60 years than they did during the previous 10,000 years."

Pacific Ocean warming 15 times faster than before

Water temperatures vary, no surprise there.

How did they arrive at the ocean temperature from 10,000 years ago? How is it any better than a rough estimate?

Ahh, fuck it, they're just totally lying. I don't care about where this "Warming" came from or where it will go or what happens next

My question is: are you really this stupid and gullible that you believe this is real?

"Ahh, fuck it, they're just totally lying."? ? ? That's your reasoned response? Have you even suggested WHY we should believe you?

"Water temperatures vary, no surprise there" ? ? ? Do you think ocean temperatures vary spontaneously? You realize they're talking about a LOT of water warming VERY rapidly. Where do you think that energy came from? Too many hot showers?

You've got a problem. First you say that you don't care where the warming came from, where it will go or what happens next. THEN you say that you'd have to be stupid and gullible to believe this [ocean warming?] is real. Those are mutually exclusive positions Frank.

How did the water 700m deep get "warmer'?

Thermohaline circulation moves water from the surface (where it can be heated by the sun and by thermal energy reradiated by CO2 and other GHGs) to the depths.

Capiche?

Despite their recent denials, the AGW Cult is trying to convince us that the reason for the recent pause in AGW, that is, the decline they try to hide by manipulating the data, really does exist. First, there was no decline, now they admit there is a "pause" but -- the reason for it is" the Pacific Ocean ate my AGW

I know, it's laughable, but bear with me.

"In a study out today in the journal Science, researchers say that the middle depths of a part of the Pacific Ocean have warmed 15 times faster in the past 60 years than they did during the previous 10,000 years."

Pacific Ocean warming 15 times faster than before

Water temperatures vary, no surprise there.

How did they arrive at the ocean temperature from 10,000 years ago? How is it any better than a rough estimate?

Ahh, fuck it, they're just totally lying. I don't care about where this "Warming" came from or where it will go or what happens next

My question is: are you really this stupid and gullible that you believe this is real?

"Ahh, fuck it, they're just totally lying."? ? ? That's your reasoned response? Have you even suggested WHY we should believe you?

"Water temperatures vary, no surprise there" ? ? ? Do you think ocean temperatures vary spontaneously? You realize they're talking about a LOT of water warming VERY rapidly. Where do you think that energy came from? Too many hot showers?

You've got a problem. First you say that you don't care where the warming came from, where it will go or what happens next. THEN you say that you'd have to be stupid and gullible to believe this [ocean warming?] is real. Those are mutually exclusive positions Frank.

How did the water 700m deep get "warmer'?

AGW, of course.

Study confirms MWP was a globall event.. Even Mann took a shot at the reliability of paleo studies after reading this paper that refutes his stick.. Was considerably more OHConent in this this history than what BTK measured.. So the wizards cant claim its warmer now.. instead they make unfounded comments about the RATE of warming. But then they deny that THIS study had the reoolutions to MAKE that conclusion....

Hey.. the oceans store heat. We dont know WHEN it passed to the deep or when it will resurface if ever. WEVE been too busy villianizing co2 to really study climate elementals.. The wizards opened this box of worms to explain the lack of surface warming... But instead they are in the process of exposing how little theyve advanced climate science in the past 30 years...... We have no freak7ng idea what the significance of this storage is to the surface temp record.. Because your climate heroes have been lazy and slow to do the hard stuff..

CO2 does NOT drive climate and it never has.

Kosh hums that like a mantra now. It's what cultists do.

Kosh, your cult leaders want you to know that, being you're a moron who keeps embarrassing the cult, you need to just keep quiet and leave the lying to the denialist professionals.

Now, here's a juice box. Kiddie table is that way.

CO2 does NOT drive climate and there is not real scientific evidence to show that it does.

It is not a mantra (like what the AGW cultists use) it is just a science fact.

Thermohaline circulation moves water from the surface (where it can be heated by the sun and by thermal energy reradiated by CO2 and other GHGs) to the depths.

Capiche?

Are you really this stupid or are a typical far left poster and post stupid things and except to be proven wrong like a two year old?

Capiche?

Are you really this stupid or are a typical far left poster and post stupid things and except to be proven wrong like a two year old?

science is easy when you can disregard all other factors

--LOL

Study confirms MWP was a globall event..

What study? And for that matter, what's a "globall event"?

Even Mann took a shot at the reliability of paleo studies after reading this paper that refutes his stick.

Being a dendrochronologist, he's more than qualified to "take a shot at the reliability of paleo studies". And, again, what paper are you talking about? I see no link. No reference.

Was considerably more OHConent in this this history than what BTK measured..

What history?

So the wizards cant claim its warmer now.. instead they make unfounded comments about the RATE of warming.

You can't claim shit till you actually identify a reference. And whether or not the absolute temperature was as high then, the rate at which we have achieved it IS unprecedented and a crucial fact as it has allowed inadequate time for human accommodation or acclimatization or the acclimatization of any other species. And, of course, the rate of change is more clear evidence that the warming is not due to any "natural" driver.

But then they deny that THIS study had the reoolutions to MAKE that conclusion....

WHAT study?

Hey.. the oceans store heat. We dont know WHEN it passed to the deep or when it will resurface if ever.

We know that the rate at which the deep ocean is warming accelerated dramatically at the same time surface warming apparently slowed.

WEVE been too busy villianizing co2 to really study climate elementals..

Worthless bullshit comment.

The wizards opened this box of worms to explain the lack of surface warming...

They opened this box of worms to increase our knowledge. I know you hate it when people do that as every such instance seems to have a strong likelihood of working against your own position, but, hey, that's the breaks when you're wrong.

But instead they are in the process of exposing how little theyve advanced climate science in the past 30 years......

What's with you and the multiple periods? Are your posts all single long sentences? Tell us, were YOUR guys busy advancing climate science on the sidelines? Who do you believe HAS advanced climate science at such a rate that you can come to this conclusion? Or are you comparing them to how fast YOU have advanced climate science?

We have no freak7ng idea what the significance of this storage is to the surface temp record.. Because your climate heroes have been lazy and slow to do the hard stuff..

Perhaps YOU have no idea, but I have lots of ideas and I'm no climate scientist. The biggest idea is the one they spelled out in their conclusions: that thermal energy that had been heating the surface at a record pace till roughly the turn of the century was - likely due to changes in tropical circulation patterns (read PDO/ENSO) now heating the deep ocean. Surely you noted that idea. So... why did you say "we have no freak7ng idea"? Oh, I see. You had no freak7ng idea. Got it. Well...... don't worry....... things..... things will....... get better.

Last edited:

Capiche?

Are you really this stupid or are a typical far left poster and post stupid things and except [expect] to be proven wrong like a two year old?

Wow... I thought I knew what dumb was. Dumb and Dumber and Kosh?

Capiche?

science is easy when you can disregard all other factors

--LOL

Jeez, dude, have you given any thought to who you ought to encourage and who you might pull aside for a little chat. Or... should I be talking to someone else altogether?

Study confirms MWP was a globall event..

What study? And for that matter, what's a "globall event"?

Even Mann took a shot at the reliability of paleo studies after reading this paper that refutes his stick.

Being a dendrochronologist, he's more than qualified to "take a shot at the reliability of paleo studies". And, again, what paper are you talking about? I see no link. No reference.

Was considerably more OHConent in this this history than what BTK measured..

What history?

So the wizards cant claim its warmer now.. instead they make unfounded comments about the RATE of warming.

You can't claim shit till you actually identify a reference. And whether or not the absolute temperature was as high then, the rate at which we have achieved it IS unprecedented and a crucial fact as it has allowed inadequate time for human accommodation or acclimatization or the acclimatization of any other species. And, of course, the rate of change is more clear evidence that the warming is not due to any "natural" driver.

But then they deny that THIS study had the reoolutions to MAKE that conclusion....

WHAT study?

Hey.. the oceans store heat. We dont know WHEN it passed to the deep or when it will resurface if ever.

We know that the rate at which the deep ocean is warming accelerated dramatically at the same time surface warming apparently slowed.

WEVE been too busy villianizing co2 to really study climate elementals..

Worthless bullshit comment.

The wizards opened this box of worms to explain the lack of surface warming...

They opened this box of worms to increase our knowledge. I know you hate it when people do that as every such instance seems to have a strong likelihood of working against your own position, but, hey, that's the breaks when you're wrong.

But instead they are in the process of exposing how little theyve advanced climate science in the past 30 years......

What's with you and the multiple periods? Are your posts all single long sentences? Tell us, were YOUR guys busy advancing climate science on the sidelines? Who do you believe HAS advanced climate science at such a rate that you can come to this conclusion? Or are you comparing them to how fast YOU have advanced climate science?

We have no freak7ng idea what the significance of this storage is to the surface temp record.. Because your climate heroes have been lazy and slow to do the hard stuff..

Perhaps YOU have no idea, but I have lots of ideas and I'm no climate scientist. The biggest idea is the one they spelled out in their conclusions: that thermal energy that had been heating the surface at a record pace till roughly the turn of the century was - likely due to changes in tropical circulation patterns (read PDO/ENSO) - now heating the deep ocean. Surely you noted that idea. So... why did you say "we have no freak7ng idea"? Oh, I see. You had no freak7ng idea. Got it. Well...... don't worry....... things..... things will....... get better.

Last edited:
I am still waiting for at least one of these AGW fanatics to "put their money where their mouth is" and show their deep personal commitment to the movement truly is...but they haven't yet. Unless they are visiting the USMB in spirit only. Otherwise, they are still expelling CO2, methane, making dirty water, and all types of other pollutant waste products.
How about you, you guys? If you are so convinced that mankind is that horrible and destructive, STOP DOING IT!!! You don't even have to use an evil firearm...lots of options available.

I've not only completely stopped emitting CO2, methane and ozone in myself and my extended family, but I've talked several of my neighbors into joining me and I am working on my contractee (the US Government) to join me as well. My family is also developing ways to absorb CO2 and methane in our specially designed underwear which we will either bury in a salt mine or launch into a decaying solar orbit, whichever turns out to be the more costly.
I'll tell you what I do to aid our situation. I vote Democratic.

Last edited:
I've not only completely stopped emitting CO2, methane and ozone in myself and my extended family, but I've talked several of my neighbors into joining me and I am working on my contractee (the US Government) to join me as well. My family is also developing ways to absorb CO2 and methane in our specially designed underwear which we will either bury in a salt mine or launch into a decaying solar orbit, whichever turns out to be the more costly.
I'll tell you what I do to aid our situation. I vote Democratic.

Have you and your extended family, etc, considered a more substantive and positive solution?

Forum List

Back