P.E.T.A. is going to have a hayday with this

All vegetarians aren't strange. I've been one for almost 23 years. I'm waht they call a Lacto-ovo vege. Meaning I eat milk, eggs, cheese; just no meat. My husband at the time was not a vege, still cooked meat for him. Now, with Musicman I do the same. Didn't expect them to change because of MY decision. I also still purchase leather products.

Originally posted by Merlin1047
Apparently killing humans is just fine with PETA. You're just not allowed to blow up a jackass in the process.

Well maybe they just see the bombing of a jackass as a subtle assault on the Democrat party. it is their symbol. (Id still love to know what the heck they were smoking when they picked the ass as their symbol)

I have actually known quite a few vegetarians. Most have made that choice because that is the sort of diet they want. Few have I known made that choice because of a moral reason. Those people tend to be vegan.

Hey Joz do you use chick peas much in your cooking?

Whenever I hear about PETA, I recall the classic stunt it pulled years ago. It is an excellent example of the danger of unintended consequences.

PETA members went to the habitat of the white fur seals and spray-painted the seals red so that their pelts would be practically worthless to hunters. The only problem was that by doing so, they made the seals more easily seen by another of their predators: The polar bear. It resulted in an ever so slight decline in the fur seal population.

Originally posted by mattskramer
PETA members went to the habitat of the white fur seals and spray-painted the seals red so that their pelts would be practically worthless to hunters. The only problem was that by doing so, they made the seals more easily seen by another of their predators: The polar bear. It resulted in a decline in the fur seal population.

Dumbassess, they really have no idea, do they?

Good story Matt.

MtnBiker-

Mine is part moral, part not wanting to eat rotting corpse.

However....

Just because I said I didn't eat meat doesn't mean I don't drink blood!LMFAO

See, I just worship Spike, a vampire, but I am NOT a bloodsucker.

(Thinks for a sec.)

Well, actually, that isn't true. One time, I got this girl, during her per.......ummmm, forget it. I don't want to sexually scar anyone.:p:

Seriously, PETA- and groups like the NAACP, NOW, ACLU, etc...- started out with good intentions, but, now, have morphed into radical anti-American bands of thugs and wish to destroy our way of life, the freaky, Grateful Dead, stinky, Woodstock rat commie bastards!

I'm in quite agreement with you Spikes, PETA is a cover for an anti-capitalistic organization.

Also I have no objection to vegetarians or vegans, I only object when they feel the need to push their ideals of diet unsolicited, onto others.

Well if you soak dry chick peas overnight, than add more water to cook them, you can save the water. Slowly reduce that water, it will thicken up because of the pectin in the chick peas. It is close subsitute for a vegetarian glace de veau.

I know, I know. I need to get off my lazy ass at get that cooking course going. :D

Originally posted by MtnBiker
...... a vegetarian glace de veau.

Now, I'll show my ignorance. What's that?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------quote:
I know, I know. I need to get off my lazy ass at get that cooking course going.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, you do. :D

Glace de Veau is a reduced veal stock. Because of the gelatins from the veal bones the stock will reduce to a thick syrup like viscosity. Its great for sauce foundations. So for a vegeterian subsitute the chick pea water reduction with aromatics and tomato paste works great. It almost gives the same mouth feel of the glace de veau, its dark in color and rich in flavor.

Forum List

Back