Busted...Again...

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
During his testimony before the 9/11 Commission, Herr Ashcroft slyly insinuated that a "Member of the Commission" wrote a memo establishing a "Wall" between law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Of course, conservative media whores, Rush Limbaugh springs to mind, jumped on this issue, calling for Jamie Gorelick to resign her position.

What Herr Ashcroft and the media whores conveniently ommitted is that the "Wall" was established during the administrations of Reagan and Bush the Elder. And, Dubbyuh's administration signed off on Ms. Gorelick's memo leaving the "Wall" in place.

This fits a pattern of obfuscation and ommission by this administration. It is said that a people get the government they deserve...But did we really deserve the bunch of yahoos currently running this country?

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
During his testimony before the 9/11 Commission, Herr Ashcroft slyly insinuated that a "Member of the Commission" wrote a memo establishing a "Wall" between law enforcement and intelligence agencies. Of course, conservative media whores, Rush Limbaugh springs to mind, jumped on this issue, calling for Jamie Gorelick to resign her position.

What Herr Ashcroft and the media whores conveniently ommitted is that the "Wall" was established during the administrations of Reagan and Bush the Elder. And, Dubbyuh's administration signed off on Ms. Gorelick's memo leaving the "Wall" in place.

This fits a pattern of obfuscation and ommission by this administration. It is said that a people get the government they deserve...But did we really deserve the bunch of yahoos currently running this country?

Talk about a pattern of obfuscation. :rolleyes:

She wrote the memo.
She shouldn't be on the commission, she should be testifying.

And sorry, you're wrong about the origin of the 'wall' as well. It started with the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act in 1978. And who was president in 1978? That's right, Jimmy Carter.

Jimnyc-

Thanks for stealing my points!LOL

Yeah, just about everything bad started in the Jimmy "I've never met a dictator I didn't like" Carter era.

And yes, Jamie "hypocrite from the hellmouth" Gorelick MIGHT not have been THE only person to add a few new bricks to The Wall- not to be confused with Roger Waters' masterpiece- but she did pull some overtime on its construction and should NOT be on the commission. Still, I am glad she is there because it will just further damage the final report's credibility.

You can tell the poor lil' pinko commie libs & the LMM are deep in panic mode, knowing that rigged polls & blatant propaganda will not be able to defeat President Bush & ruin this country.

Need I remind you who appointed Ms. Gorelick to the commission? It was GEORGE W. BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He appointed every member of the commission.

And btw, it's not Herr Ashcroft, it's Ayatollah Ashcroft.

acludem

This commission is officially a joke now. Gorelick's conflict of interest is so great it's nauseating. Hey libs, using anything resulting from this commision will not result in getting you more votes, you may steel the nerve of your existing cool aid drinkers, but anyone with a smidgeon of a clue sees this commision for what it is. A heaping, smelly pile.

Originally posted by acludem
Need I remind you who appointed Ms. Gorelick to the commission? It was GEORGE W. BUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He appointed every member of the commission.

acludem

Ummm how about a "Congressional" Commission is appointed by "Congress". Bush may have brought up the idea, but congress picked the people.

Bush cant just hand pick members of an "Independant" Commission. He'd be seen as trying to stack the commission to show that he had nothing to do with it. The Dems would have cried FOUL at the top of their lungs on CNN and the other MEdia Elite networks.

acludem

I already proved you wrong on this before, don't you go back and reread threads you post in? BUSH DID NOT APPOINT THE MEMBERS.

SEC. 603. <> COMPOSITION OF COMMISSION.

a) Members.--The Commission shall be composed of 10 members, of
whom--
(1) 1 member shall be appointed by the President, who shall
serve as chairman of the Commission;
(2) 1 member shall be appointed by the leader of the Senate
(majority or minority leader, as the case may be) of the
Democratic Party, in consultation with the leader of the House
of Representatives (majority or minority leader, as the

[[Page 116 STAT. 2409]]

case may be) of the Democratic Party, who shall serve as vice
chairman of the Commission;
(3) 2 members shall be appointed by the senior member of the
Senate leadership of the Democratic Party;
(4) 2 members shall be appointed by the senior member of the
leadership of the House of Representatives of the Republican
Party;
(5) 2 members shall be appointed by the senior member of the
Senate leadership of the Republican Party; and
(6) 2 members shall be appointed by the senior member of the
leadership of the House of Representatives of the Democratic
Party.

http://www.9-11commission.gov/about/107-306.title6.htm

C'mon, acludem, where are you? I want you to enjoy eating these words as much as eating a shit sandwich.

C'mon you little college crap eater, where are you? I hate when these liberals make asinine comments and then disappear.

Originally posted by jimnyc
C'mon you little college crap eater, where are you? I hate when these liberals make asinine comments and then disappear.

Thats rule #2 of the new Democratic Party's political tactics. "When cornered on a topic, back away as quick as you can and change the subject by any means neccassary."

Thats right after rule #1 "Do anything you possibly can to get elected. ANYTHING!!!!"

Originally posted by rtwngAvngr
This commission is officially a joke now. Gorelick's conflict of interest is so great it's nauseating. Hey libs, using anything resulting from this commision will not result in getting you more votes, you may steel the nerve of your existing cool aid drinkers, but anyone with a smidgeon of a clue sees this commision for what it is. A heaping, smelly pile.

Conflicts of interest:

Dick Cheney and Haliburton.

George H.W. Bush, aka "Poppy" and the Carlyle Group.

Condi Rice and Chevron.

Anne Venneman and the meat-packing industry.

The commission has always been a joke. It was appointed by Dubbyuh and his handlers, and its final product will be vetted by Dubbyuh and his handlers. It's release date will be set by the Administration. It's a whitewash.

Have we forgotten this already, Bully?

What Herr Ashcroft and the media whores conveniently ommitted is that the "Wall" was established during the administrations of Reagan and Bush the Elder

I guess you were mistaken, and not man enough to admit you made a mistake.

It was appointed by Dubbyuh and his handlers

I suggest you read up above, it was NOT appointed by GWB. The only member appointed by Bush was Kean.

Hey, I've done it before, I'll do it again, I made a mistake. I'm still quite sure George Bush knew that Gorelick was being appointed and didn't complain about it. And BTW, I work seven days a week and go to school, so I don't always have time to respond to your posts quickly, sorry for the incovenience.

acludem

Hey, I've done it before, I'll do it again, I made a mistake. I'm still quite sure George Bush knew that Gorelick was being appointed and didn't complain about it.

And was he aware of the memo that she wrote? Why did you so emphatically say that Bush appointed all the members? Did you just make that up out of thin air?

No, Jim, I misunderstood the process. I though I had read an article which stated the entire commission was appointed by Bush. I admitted I was wrong, and I think that the Justice Department knew what Ms. Gorelick had written.

acludem

Forum List

Back