Oyster Prices

The present and future are rooted in the past. If you don't know where you came from, how can you know where you are going?

Worse--- 99.99999% of our lives and development all lie in our past--- the future does not yet exist, the present is but a blink, here and gone, leaving only our past.
I see, you record every poop.

Never had an oyster.

Seems like I'd be eating a hocker.

It's what it looks like anyway.

So never could get beyond that image to try em.
I was that way for 50+ years then all of a sudden my tastes changed and I eat some.....Mostly I prefer oyster stew.

I figure it's just a once a year tradition so I'll spring for the cost.....Despite Biden's best efforts. ;)

I guess it depends on how they are packed but they usually come in at four pounds.

Beware of "repacks" some stores pull.
I'll watch it, but, haven't actually shelled an oyster since sometime in the late 90s. I just found the market info interesting and know you, to be in a coastal state and figured, you should have some of the best prices. You could probably quote a price for dog sht, and I would DuckDuckGo see average market prices for myself.:auiqs.jpg:

I remember that in 1976 it was a thing for a local store we order our oysters from to sell a gallon of oysters (selects) this time of year for $19.76 to celebrate the Centennial.

That's $106.63 in today's money.

A gallon of oysters (selects) this year was $175.00 at the same store.....Up $30.00 a gallon from last year....Thanks Biden.
I remember. We used to have oyster roasts all winter in Charleston.

There was a thread around here some place recently where some gold digger ate an outlandish amount of oysters on a first date with some poor sap.

Apparently he got up and left and left her hanging with the fairly large bill. lol.

Anyway, one thing that that stood out was the video where she was slurping those things. I woulda got up and hit the bricks based on that alone.

I remember. We used to have oyster roasts all winter in Charleston.
Have you priced a bushel of cooked (MD-Style) blue crabs lately!

2010 when the Deepwater Horizon oil spill occurred. Since the spill the percent of Gulf to total U.S. oyster landings have steadily declined due to habitat degradation, pollution, oyster diseases, predation, coastal hazards and rapid coastal development.

Hey, it's more for you, man. :)
It gets better (or worse, depending on perspective) with the feast of the seven fishes Natty

It's an ethnic thing, especially coming from a sici family ,basically we eat anything that crawls outta the ocean.....

I can recall one of my celt friends sayin' "Have you ever looked a squid in the eye sparky? My gawd you folks musta been hungry!"

~S~

Have you priced a bushel of cooked (MD-Style) blue crabs lately!

Both maryland crabs and oysters have gotten to be ridiculously expensive.

In the 1990s, I used to get all you can eat Blue Crabs for $9.99

Today, they are around $50 a dozen

I like oysters, sadly it has been a long time since the last time I had some.

My favorite are chargrilled oysters with lots of lemon juice and melted parmesan cheese on top! hmmmm

1703370237574.png

It gets better (or worse, depending on perspective) with the feast of the seven fishes Natty

It's an ethnic thing, especially coming from a sici family ,basically we eat anything that crawls outta the ocean.....

I can recall one of my celt friends sayin' "Have you ever looked a squid in the eye sparky? My gawd you folks musta been hungry!"

~S~

Don't get me wrong, seafood is my favorite kind of food.

Just never could get beyond the thought of what the oysters reminded me of.

I like oysters, sadly it has been a long time since the last time I had some.

My favorite are chargrilled oysters with lots of lemon juice and melted parmesan cheese on top! hmmmm

1703370237574-png.877841

Those don't look slimy like the ones I'm used to seeing. Those actually look like they'd be worth trying.

Maybe it just depends on how they're cooked.

Forum List

Back