OWS inspired group now engaging in Criminal Acts in LA

The anti-capitalist, street shitting, non-bathing, OWS pigs are now trying to cash bogus checks at a bank in Los Angeles.....

LOS ANGELES, Calif. (KTLA) -- Ten protesters were arrested at a downtown Los Angeles Bank of America branch on Thursday afternoon, after a group marched inside the bank and tried to cash a $673 billion check.

65250953.jpg

The protest was organized by the Refund California campaign. "Occupy L.A." protesters, inspired by the "Occupy Wall Street" protesters in New York, also joined in, authorities said.

The protesters tried to cash an over-sized check made out to the "people of California," LAPD Lt. Paul Vernon said.

Ten protesters -- six men and four women -- were arrested after refusing to leave the bank, police said.

Earlier in the day Thursday, Occupy L.A. protesters took over the intersection of 7th and Figueroa streets, prompting police in riot gear to respond to the scene.

Full story here.... Protest: Bank Protesters Arrested After Trying to Cash $673-billion Check - ktla.com

Why do leftists so often resort to criminal acts and violence?
Speaking of shit-eating pigs...

"It must be tough for Brian Moynihan, chief executive of Bank of America, to keep track of all the lawsuits plaguing the nation’s biggest bank.

"Moynihan is a lawyer by training, but the amount of mortgage-related litigation he is facing must make him dizzy.

"The large number of legal claims has certainly made investors nervous and been one of the big reasons Bank of America’s shares have tumbled by more than 45% in 2011."

The Lawsuits Plaguing Bank Of America - Forbes

Yeah, Bank of America got a loan that they repaid, at a profit to the Treasury.
Terrible, just terrible.

And I'm sure if they were angry about Bank of America not repaying their loan, the check would've been written out to the Treasury. But that's not what it was about.

Ummmm....the loan was repaid. Bank of America owes nothing.
Especially to a bunch of ignorant protesters.

Someone didn't read my post. Try again.

Protestors tried to cash a check. To the people!

So how is Obama relevant to this?

He came out in support.

I'm still not following. The original point was:

And I'm sure if they were angry about Bank of America not repaying their loan, the check would've been written out to the Treasury. But that's not what it was about.

Just Curious, Why is Obama Targeting B Of A, and not Citi, Chase, or Wells Fargo, again???

So again. Where's the relevance? How does Obama supporting the protesters mean anything? How is bringing up an apparent 'targeting' of Bank of America by Obama relevant to the protests at all?

So again. Where's the relevance? How does Obama supporting the protesters mean anything? How is bringing up an apparent 'targeting' of Bank of America by Obama relevant to the protests at all?

That is for you to see, No One is going to do it for you.

Yes, it's up to me to provide evidence for your claim.

No wait that's retarded. I'm gonna have to conclude that your point was irrelevant in the first place.

Ummmm....the loan was repaid. Bank of America owes nothing.
Especially to a bunch of ignorant protesters.

Bank of America owes nothing.

:lol: Yeah okay buddy. Keep pointing out something that doesn't have to do with it, so you don't have to respond to the original point.

Those nasty, dirty pleb protesters, how dare they say or do anything mean to those great, pure paragons of virtue at Bank of America! They've never done anything wrong to deserve it!

I think the colloquialism goes something like "oh wait..."

:lol: Yeah okay buddy. Keep pointing out something that doesn't have to do with it, so you don't have to respond to the original point.

Those nasty, dirty pleb protesters, how dare they say or do anything mean to those great, pure paragons of virtue at Bank of America! They've never done anything wrong to deserve it!

Protest: Bank Protesters Arrested After Trying to Cash $673-billion Check - ktla.com

Bank of America doesn't owe $673 billion. To anyone.

Despite what a group of unwashed idiots claims.

So how is Obama relevant to this?

He came out in support.

Just Curious, Why is Obama Targeting B Of A, and not Citi, Chase, or Wells Fargo, again???

No wait that's retarded. I'm gonna have to conclude that your point was irrelevant in the first place.

By Adam Levin

This week, Senator Dick Durbin(D-Ill) made a remarkably pithy statement on the floor of the Senate that Bank of America patrons should “vote with your feet, get the heck out of that bank.”

By now, everyone who reads, watches and listens knows that Bank of America instituted a five dollar per month charge for usage of its debit cards effective early next year, and, of course, that’s what prompted Durbin’s remark. While there will be no fee if you have at least $5,000 in a Bank of America account, have a mortgage with the bank, are a B of A employee, or only use the debit card for ATM transactions, any one purchase in a given month will ding you the five bucks. This is in addition to all other fees on its “basic” accounts—of which there are many types—and which can already carry fees as high as $12 per month if minimum balances are not maintained. Not wanting to miss out on the fee-for-all, Citibank also announced a substantial rate increase, hiking the minimum balance requirement for certain checking accounts from $6,000 to $15,000, else a $20 a month fee will be charged. They also announced that “EZ Checking” account holders will be charged $15 a month if they don’t maintain a balance of at least $6,000.

Bank of America, Adam Smith and a Fee Market System

---------------------------------------------------------------
When is a protest not a protest?

Now this event would accurately be called a "protest" if it were taking place at, say, a bank or the U.S. Capitol. But when hundreds of loud and angry strangers are descending on your family, your children, and your home, a more apt description of this assemblage would be "mob." Intimidation was the whole point of this exercise, and it worked-even on the police. A trio of officers who belatedly answered our calls confessed a fear that arrests might "incite" these trespassers.

What's interesting is that SEIU, the nation's second largest union, craves respectability. Just-retired president Andy Stern is an Obama friend and regular White House visitor. He sits on the President's Fiscal Responsibility Commission. He hobnobs with those greedy Wall Street CEOs -- executives much higher-ranking than my neighbor Baer -- at Davos. His union spent $70 million getting Democrats elected in 2008.

In the business community, though, SEIU has a reputation for strong-arm tactics against management, prompting some companies to file suit.

What's really behind SEIU's Bank of America protests - May. 19, 2010
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEIU's International Secretary-Treasurer Eliseo Medina attended the president's address in El Paso, Texas and made the following statement:

"President Obama is to be commended for leading a forthright discussion on one of the more vexing issues facing our nation: immigration reform. By keeping attention on the issue and uniting divergent interests from across the political spectrum, the president is challenging the nation to set aside divisive politics and find real solutions.

"Congress needs to listen. For years, Republicans have blocked congressional debate on comprehensive immigration reform with the false argument - proven wrong many times over - that securing the border was a pre-requisite for comprehensive immigration reform. Their repeated stalling tactic is calling for securing the border before engaging in a debate on other reforms that would resolve the status of undocumented workers and their families already here and also level the playing field for all workers.

"Today, the president made a forceful case for moving forward on comprehensive solutions. There is no question that reforming the system would treat all employers fairly and increase the wage scale for all workers in the U.S. It would eliminate a massive underground "cash" economy that takes advantage of cheap labor and depresses wages and working conditions for everyone. Consequently business and labor leaders across the country and across the political spectrum have stood up against short-sighted state legislation and demanded a federal solution.
SEIU's Medina: President Obama Boldly Moves Towards Immigration Reform

What I want to know here is who catches and who pitches? Is this just a One night stand? Nah.

No Wait. You are Retarded.

Protest: Bank Protesters Arrested After Trying to Cash $673-billion Check - ktla.com

:lol: Glad to know big banks and corporations can be dicks and get no retribution for it. But the protesters are unwashed idiots for making a statement about it. Go ahead, keep ignoring my point and repeating the same irrelevant bullshit.

Breaking the law was what the first American Revolution was all about, wasn't it?

Ahh, so now it's a revolution.......... Weird how the TP never pulled any of this crap and many called them terrorists...

I could say something, something where I try and be rude to you and call you out as a hack, but at this point I think you know all that about yourself. Really dude, a revolution? Democrats VS Republicans or something? Maybe it's the OWS VS anyone that gets in their way or has something they want... Get a life.

neither were the tp Protesters.
I believe they want to see some justice for the 08 crash. You know the samething the TP wanted because they hated the bailouts before they became the GOP.

Bullshit, these assholes out there marching didn't lose anything in the 08 Crash. They want fucking hand outs. They want a good job, and Life Time Entitlements, and they think it should just be handed to them.

Disgusting manifestation of the left in Action.

no what you are doing is taking a few people who went on video saying dumb shit and are broadbrushing in order to destroy the movement.

If you would like i can go find some video of teaparty protests where actual people are interviewed and say some rather dumb shit.

But then if i did that you wouldnt have an arguement to use in your desperate attempt to destroy this movement.

And yet you in this thread alone have tried to tell us what the TPM is and was about...

:lol: Glad to know big banks and corporations can be dicks and get no retribution for it. But the protesters are unwashed idiots for making a statement about it. Go ahead, keep ignoring my point and repeating the same irrelevant bullshit.

Awww, did the big banks hurt your feelings?

neither were the tp Protesters.
I believe they want to see some justice for the 08 crash. You know the samething the TP wanted because they hated the bailouts before they became the GOP.

Bullshit, these assholes out there marching didn't lose anything in the 08 Crash. They want fucking hand outs. They want a good job, and Life Time Entitlements, and they think it should just be handed to them.

Disgusting manifestation of the left in Action.

no what you are doing is taking a few people who went on video saying dumb shit and are broadbrushing in order to destroy the movement.

If you would like i can go find some video of teaparty protests where actual people are interviewed and say some rather dumb shit.

But then if i did that you wouldnt have an arguement to use in your desperate attempt to destroy this movement.
HA! Your side along with the complicit MSM were painting the Tea Party as a bunch of religious zealot gun toting racist rednecks. Including black people that are Tea Party members.
You can stow that nonsense under "to be discarded with waste".

Rightwingers must be scared to death of this movement, based on how many threads they're starting about it.

They are!!!!! And it just tickles the shit out of me... You can't buy this kind of entertainment.
Fear? Please...OWS is an annoyance.
BY the end of 2011, these people will have gone back home because hot chocolate and Starbucks cannot stop rain and snow.
They will show up in Tampa and Charlotte for the respective National Party Committee Conventions.
They are a bother. A source of ridicule. Dregs of society. A bunch off ideological moochers.

Rightwingers must be scared to death of this movement, based on how many threads they're starting about it.

They are!!!!! And it just tickles the shit out of me... You can't buy this kind of entertainment.
Fear? Please...OWS is an annoyance.
BY the end of 2011, these people will have gone back home because hot chocolate and Starbucks cannot stop rain and snow.
They will show up in Tampa and Charlotte for the respective National Party Committee Conventions.
They are a bother. A source of ridicule. Dregs of society. A bunch off ideological moochers.

Personally I feel sorry for them. They are being played.

He came out in support.

By Adam Levin

This week, Senator Dick Durbin(D-Ill) made a remarkably pithy statement on the floor of the Senate that Bank of America patrons should “vote with your feet, get the heck out of that bank.”

By now, everyone who reads, watches and listens knows that Bank of America instituted a five dollar per month charge for usage of its debit cards effective early next year, and, of course, that’s what prompted Durbin’s remark. While there will be no fee if you have at least $5,000 in a Bank of America account, have a mortgage with the bank, are a B of A employee, or only use the debit card for ATM transactions, any one purchase in a given month will ding you the five bucks. This is in addition to all other fees on its “basic” accounts—of which there are many types—and which can already carry fees as high as $12 per month if minimum balances are not maintained. Not wanting to miss out on the fee-for-all, Citibank also announced a substantial rate increase, hiking the minimum balance requirement for certain checking accounts from $6,000 to $15,000, else a $20 a month fee will be charged. They also announced that “EZ Checking” account holders will be charged $15 a month if they don’t maintain a balance of at least $6,000.

Bank of America, Adam Smith and a Fee Market System

Ooh! Turn of phrase right back at me! As they say on the street "zing!"

Wait. This kind of just underlines the point of those guys trying to cash the physically-over-sized check. This move by Bank of America and other banks has kinda been an unpopular move for depositors, especially when most people (hrm... like maybe something rhetorical and catchy like 99%?) are tight for cash in this bad economy. And it's not like Bank of America is a white knight of banks, they're well known for pulling dick moves all the time, regardless of if you have a mortgage with them or not.

Hey, wait again. Didn't I ask what this had to do with Obama? I'm pretty sure 'Durbin' isn't an alternative spelling of Obama.

When is a protest not a protest?

Now this event would accurately be called a "protest" if it were taking place at, say, a bank or the U.S. Capitol. But when hundreds of loud and angry strangers are descending on your family, your children, and your home, a more apt description of this assemblage would be "mob." Intimidation was the whole point of this exercise, and it worked-even on the police. A trio of officers who belatedly answered our calls confessed a fear that arrests might "incite" these trespassers.

Yeah, those protesters are dicks and shouldn't have gone to his front door. Hey wait. This protest isn't even from Occupy Wall Street. This is entirely irrelevant to this thread.

And hey. Where does Obama come into this?

What's interesting is that SEIU, the nation's second largest union, craves respectability. Just-retired president Andy Stern is an Obama friend and regular White House visitor. He sits on the President's Fiscal Responsibility Commission. He hobnobs with those greedy Wall Street CEOs -- executives much higher-ranking than my neighbor Baer -- at Davos. His union spent $70 million getting Democrats elected in 2008.

Unions never have conflicts with management. It's not like unions are unpopular lately what with Scott Walker, and companies managing to get more power over labor with the recession.

Still not seeing how Obama is solely 'targeting' Bank of America. That was your assertion, wasn't it?

In the business community, though, SEIU has a reputation for strong-arm tactics against management, prompting some companies to file suit.

Still waiting for where Obama comes in.

What's really behind SEIU's Bank of America protests - May. 19, 2010
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEIU's International Secretary-Treasurer Eliseo Medina attended the president's address in El Paso, Texas and made the following statement:

"President Obama is to be commended for leading a forthright discussion on one of the more vexing issues facing our nation: immigration reform. By keeping attention on the issue and uniting divergent interests from across the political spectrum, the president is challenging the nation to set aside divisive politics and find real solutions.

Okay. What does immigration reform have to do with this?

"Congress needs to listen. For years, Republicans have blocked congressional debate on comprehensive immigration reform with the false argument - proven wrong many times over - that securing the border was a pre-requisite for comprehensive immigration reform. Their repeated stalling tactic is calling for securing the border before engaging in a debate on other reforms that would resolve the status of undocumented workers and their families already here and also level the playing field for all workers.

Okay.... still waiting for how this ends up being relevant.

"Today, the president made a forceful case for moving forward on comprehensive solutions. There is no question that reforming the system would treat all employers fairly and increase the wage scale for all workers in the U.S. It would eliminate a massive underground "cash" economy that takes advantage of cheap labor and depresses wages and working conditions for everyone. Consequently business and labor leaders across the country and across the political spectrum have stood up against short-sighted state legislation and demanded a federal solution.

A union wants to reform the system to the benefit of employees? No way! They never want that!

Where's the relevancy to Obama specifically targeting Bank of America?

SEIU's Medina: President Obama Boldly Moves Towards Immigration Reform

What I want to know here is who catches and who pitches? Is this just a One night stand? Nah.

No Wait. You are Retarded.

So... how is Obama targeting Bank of America again? I really didn't see any conclusive proof in any of that. All I got from it was: some former union leader is friends with Obama, his union organized a protest at some Bank of America executive, therefore Obama is targeting Bank of America.

Wait that's not proof, that's a conspiracy theory. Your argument is because union known for strong-arming management, strong-armed management it means Obama did it. You have no proof to offer besides an article which (in passing) highlights a friendship between and former union leader and Obama. And then you jump to the conclusion that Obama must be targeting Bank of America just from that.

You're still pretty fucking retarded.

Awww, did the big banks hurt your feelings?

Nice argument, bucko. You really made a strong case against my points by totally ignoring them. :lol:

Forum List

Back