Owners Of Burned California Diving Boat Say They Owe Nothing To Victims' Families

Last edited:
If you read any press on the subject you will notice that the authorities all say it was an accident. As for any legal matters, well that will be disputed.

Charges in California boat fire may hinge on 1838 law. Here's why
The NTSB has reached no conclusion yet. But even an accident can be the result of negligence.

In other news tell us that Oswald did it alone

Can u tell the admiral that I miss him, as much as my hemorrhoids

Sorry to hear about your hemorrhoids! I am sure they caused you severe headaches.

Unless, of course, they are found culpably negligent in court.

Then they'll be paying for the rest of their natural lives.
They would just blame whatever caused the fire on the manufacturer of whatever is was.

That's the one benefit of government. The people in government can be responsible for thousands of injuries and deaths and no one is ever held accountable, ever.
Hey admiral you still stalking my thread?

Cuz u r dead to me.

But get that heart and memory loss checked out
You completely lost me there. Were you responding to a different post, because that makes no sense at all.

They would just blame whatever caused the fire on the manufacturer of whatever is was.

That's the one benefit of government. The people in government can be responsible for thousands of injuries and deaths and no one is ever held accountable, ever.
Hey admiral you still stalking my thread?

Cuz u r dead to me.

But get that heart and memory loss checked out
You completely lost me there. Were you responding to a different post, because that makes no sense at all.
Yea I was addressing admiral rubber duck who I am now ignoring because he is a complete moron who thinks Oxygen burns and would not accept that a lookout is required on an anchored boat as the NTSB confirmed. Sorry, I had to use a post that I could see as the admiral is now invisible like his IQ

The fire is not the cause of death, as everyone would have gotten off if woken up by the awake watch
Oh, i agree with that. The crew jumped ship, so you have to wonder if they failed to even try to alert the passengers?? Then the blame is all on the boat owners, and crew.

The fire is not the cause of death, as everyone would have gotten off if woken up by the awake watch
Oh, i agree with that. The crew jumped ship, so you have to wonder if they failed to even try to alert the passengers?? Then the blame is all on the boat owners, and crew.
Thanks, all I have gotten on this subject is that accidents happen and 34 people being burned to death happens. I have never seen so many people be so cold and indifferent to lives, many of them still young and all burned to death

You agree? With what?

How about Feeble Minded Frannie's post #363:

"Shhhh you mean keep it quiet that this boat was doused in gasoline at exactly 3:00 AM which is the known time that the most people are sleeping and when lit the boat instantly caught fire trapping all the occupants in the lower deck."

Try reading instead of agreeing with a total moron. From the preliminary NTSB report:

"Initial interviews of three crewmembers revealed that no mechanical or electrical issues were reported. At the time of the fire, five crewmembers were asleep in berths behind the wheelhouse, and one crewmember was asleep in the bunkroom, which was accessed from the salon down a ladderwell in the forward, starboard corner of the compartment. The bunkroom had an emergency escape hatch located on the aft end, which also exited to the salon. There were two, locally-sounding smoke detectors in the overhead of the bunkroom.

A crewmember sleeping in the wheelhouse berths was awakened by a noise and got up to investigate. He saw a fire at the aft end of the sun deck, rising up from the salon compartment below. The crewmember alerted the crew behind the wheelhouse. As crewmembers awoke, the captain radioed a distress message to the Coast Guard.

The crewmembers attempted to access the salon and passengers below. Unable to use the aft ladder, which was on fire, the crewmembers jumped down to the main deck (one crewmember broke his leg in the process) and tried to access the salon and galley compartment, which was fully engulfed by fire at the aft end and by thick smoke in the forward end, through a forward window. Unable to open the window and overwhelmed by smoke, the crew jumped overboard.

Two crewmembers and the captain swam to the stern, reboarded the vessel, opened the hatch to the engine room, and saw no fire. Access to the salon through the aft doors was blocked by fire, so they launched a small skiff and picked up the remaining two crewmembers in the water. They transferred to a recreational vessel anchored nearby (Grape Escape) where the captain continued to radio for help, while two crewmembers returned to the Conception to search for survivors around the burning hull. Local Coast Guard and fire departments arrived on scene to extinguish the fire and conduct search and rescue. The vessel burned to the waterline by morning and subsequently sank in about 60 feet of water"

Now tell me that the crew didn't try to save anyone.

Sometimes tragedy happens.

The customers all booked on the boat knowing what they were getting with the confined sleeping space. They chose the cheaper ticket on that boat instead of chartering something more expensive with more room.

A liberal mindset will look for somebody else to blame. A Conservative mindset will accept personal responsibility for life's decisions.

That's about the size of it. Can't say I blame the boat owners to much here. Yeah it looks bad and shitty but think about what could happen to you in a civil court if 34 humans die while utilizing your business. Be honest, if any one of us was in their shoes we would likely do the same.

You agree? With what?

"Shhhh you mean keep it quiet that this boat was doused in gasoline at exactly 3:00 AM which is the known time that the most people are sleeping and when lit the boat instantly caught fire trapping all the occupants in the lower deck."

Try reading instead of agreeing with a total moron. From the preliminary NTSB report:

"Initial interviews of three crewmembers revealed that no mechanical or electrical issues were reported. At the time of the fire, five crewmembers were asleep in berths behind the wheelhouse, and one crewmember was asleep in the bunkroom, which was accessed from the salon down a ladderwell in the forward, starboard corner of the compartment. The bunkroom had an emergency escape hatch located on the aft end, which also exited to the salon. There were two, locally-sounding smoke detectors in the overhead of the bunkroom.

A crewmember sleeping in the wheelhouse berths was awakened by a noise and got up to investigate. He saw a fire at the aft end of the sun deck, rising up from the salon compartment below. The crewmember alerted the crew behind the wheelhouse. As crewmembers awoke, the captain radioed a distress message to the Coast Guard.

The crewmembers attempted to access the salon and passengers below. Unable to use the aft ladder, which was on fire, the crewmembers jumped down to the main deck (one crewmember broke his leg in the process) and tried to access the salon and galley compartment, which was fully engulfed by fire at the aft end and by thick smoke in the forward end, through a forward window. Unable to open the window and overwhelmed by smoke, the crew jumped overboard.

Two crewmembers and the captain swam to the stern, reboarded the vessel, opened the hatch to the engine room, and saw no fire. Access to the salon through the aft doors was blocked by fire, so they launched a small skiff and picked up the remaining two crewmembers in the water. They transferred to a recreational vessel anchored nearby (Grape Escape) where the captain continued to radio for help, while two crewmembers returned to the Conception to search for survivors around the burning hull. Local Coast Guard and fire departments arrived on scene to extinguish the fire and conduct search and rescue. The vessel burned to the waterline by morning and subsequently sank in about 60 feet of water"

The crew would have saved everyone if they were not sleeping. You seem to have left out that the NTSB said the crew was obviously sleeping or the fire would have been noticed before the boat was consumed killing 34 people.

No one cares who tries to hit a homer in the ninth, they only care about the guy who does. This crew slept and gave up

You agree? With what?

The crew would have saved everyone if they were not sleeping. You seem to have left out that the NTSB said the crew was obviously sleeping or the fire would have been noticed before the boat was consumed killing 34 people.

No one cares who tries to hit a homer in the ninth, they only care about the guy who does. This crew slept and gave up
I did not "seem" to leave anything out. You are totally fucked up and incomprehensible. You deserve an official poke in the eye award.

You agree? With what?

I did not "seem" to leave anything out. You are totally fucked up and incomprehensible. You deserve an official poke in the eye award.

Where is the part where the NTSB said that the entire crew was sleeping, in violation of maritime law and that this resulted in 34 negligent homicides

A preliminary investigation into the Conception boat fire has suggested serious safety deficiencies aboard the vessel, including the lack of a “roaming night watchman” who is required to be awake and alert passengers in the event of a fire or other dangers, according to several law enforcement sources familiar with the inquiry.

The probe also has raised questions about whether the crew was adequately trained and whether passengers received a complete safety briefing, said the sources, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they did not have approval to comment publicly about the case.

Investigators have so far interviewed surviving crew members and others connected to the worst maritime disaster in recent California history, which killed 34 people.

A U.S. Coast Guard spokesman declined to comment other than to describe the investigation as wide-ranging.

Serious safety flaws aboard Conception, early boat fire investigation finds

Forum List

Back