Over a third Israeli teens stabbed at school

Differences were found between Jewish and non-Jewish children. Some 12.1% of non-Jewish children were injured by firearms, compared with only 2.5% of Jewish children (P < 0.0001). This corresponds with the finding that non-Jewish children were more likely to sustain a severe injury (i.e. ISS > 16), at 14.2% versus 8.8% (P < 0.0001). On the other hand, Jewish children were much more likely to be injured as a result of unarmed brawling, at 42.0% versus 26.2% (P < 0.0001). No difference was found in injuries resulting from stabbing or other types of violence. However, there was a difference in the circumstances of the violence-related injury. Jewish children were more likely to be injured at school (18.1% versus 10.3%) or in a public place or leisure facility (13.8% versus 6.9%), while non-Jewish children usually sustained their injuries in the street, at 42.7% versus 30.2% (P < 0.0001).

Despite the absence of a difference in the rate of stabbings between Jewish and non-Jewish children, the latter were much more likely to be stabbed at school (36% versus 10.2%, P < 0.0001). Most injuries to the region of the head and neck were caused by brawling (48.2%) or other violence (40.5%), and most injuries to the region of the spine and neck were caused by firearms (36.8%), while stabbing caused most wounds to the torso (61%) and the extremities (46.3%).
WHO | Violence-related injury of children in Israel: age-dependent pattern

Ah. So the study doesn't say anything even remotely CLOSE to what the OP claims it says.

Differences were found between Jewish and non-Jewish children. Some 12.1% of non-Jewish children were injured by firearms, compared with only 2.5% of Jewish children (P < 0.0001). This corresponds with the finding that non-Jewish children were more likely to sustain a severe injury (i.e. ISS > 16), at 14.2% versus 8.8% (P < 0.0001). On the other hand, Jewish children were much more likely to be injured as a result of unarmed brawling, at 42.0% versus 26.2% (P < 0.0001). No difference was found in injuries resulting from stabbing or other types of violence. However, there was a difference in the circumstances of the violence-related injury. Jewish children were more likely to be injured at school (18.1% versus 10.3%) or in a public place or leisure facility (13.8% versus 6.9%), while non-Jewish children usually sustained their injuries in the street, at 42.7% versus 30.2% (P < 0.0001).

Despite the absence of a difference in the rate of stabbings between Jewish and non-Jewish children, the latter were much more likely to be stabbed at school (36% versus 10.2%, P < 0.0001). Most injuries to the region of the head and neck were caused by brawling (48.2%) or other violence (40.5%), and most injuries to the region of the spine and neck were caused by firearms (36.8%), while stabbing caused most wounds to the torso (61%) and the extremities (46.3%).
WHO | Violence-related injury of children in Israel: age-dependent pattern
Oh the fake "concern" these antisemites have for the plight of Jews or Israelis. It's very entertaining.

A third of Israeli soldiers who are occupying the Palestinian Territories and always claim that teens they have shot dead were about to stab them were themselves stabbed while at school. A survey reported in HAARETZ finds this shocking statistic and also that about half of Israeli teens while at school were assaulted.
Over a third of Israeli teens have been stabbed at school, poll finds
Strangely, given this news, two thirds of Israeli teens feel safer at school than anywhere else!
With 40% admitting sexual assault at school too, one has to think that being a teen in the Jewish state today is scary.

Israeli%20teens_zps5h2kgj72.jpg
40% of students are being sexually assaulted at school? Are you sure about this percentage?
It seems too much even for a third world country... :dunno:
Read the article and you will see that 40% of Israeli teens admit to being sexually assaulted in school. Typically these are groping such as President Trump does. and pulling down pants.

I find that very hard to believe. Link to the actual studies?
The poll and its methodology is explained in the cited HAARETZ article.

That you have to subscribe to to read? I think that's not happening.
Israel's most widely read newspaper among academics and most respected newspaper of record, HAARETZ allows anyone to read six articles for free when you subscribe. It is never necessary to pay any money once you keep your reading to this limit.

The article is paywalled. Is the source the one fanger posted? If not, can you post the source, please.
No, the member Fanger has attempted to confuse you by citing a report of the World Health Organization which has nothing to do with the Opening Post (OP) or the article in HAARETZ which allows six free for articles to subscribers. The article which is the subject of the OP is a summary of a survey, "conducted by phone by the Maagar Mochot research firm in February last year, 1,692 students between 12 and 18 were polled."

It surprises me that you think I am capable of misrepresenting my source, especially since the article is cited in my OP.

Last edited:

That you have to subscribe to to read? I think that's not happening.
Israel's most widely read newspaper among academics and most respected newspaper of record, HAARETZ allows anyone to read six articles for free when you subscribe. It is never necessary to pay any money once you keep your reading to this limit.

Majority Israelis have no respect for Haaretz.
Haaretz is an anti-Zionist leftist paper - You lie as they do too.

It has been condemned on numerous occasions by the Court of Journalism Committee for publishing lies or inciting violence.
The Court demanded Haaretz publish an apology to Dani Dayan in 2013. Then in 2015 the again incited violence on fabricated basis of "say so" and were forced to pay 50,000 to an owner of a business they targeted
Just recently they've called Israeli Jews worst than Hezbollah...

Haaretz is an anti-Zionist leftist paper that sells very little (only 4.6% during the week and 6.4% on weekends).

:itsok:

Last edited:

The article is paywalled. Is the source the one fanger posted? If not, can you post the source, please.
No, the member Fanger has attempted to confuse you by citing a report of the World Health Organization which has nothing to do with the Opening Post (OP) or the article in HAARETZ which allows six free for articles to subscribers. The article which is the subject of the OP is a summary of a survey, "conducted by phone by the Maagar Mochot research firm in February last year, 1,692 students between 12 and 18 were polled."

It surprises me that you think I am capable of misrepresenting my source, especially since the article is cited in my OP.

Derp! The OP link is behind a paywall. Are you spamming for that site?

A third of Israeli soldiers who are occupying the Palestinian Territories and always claim that teens they have shot dead were about to stab them were themselves stabbed while at school. A survey reported in HAARETZ finds this shocking statistic and also that about half of Israeli teens while at school were assaulted.
Over a third of Israeli teens have been stabbed at school, poll finds
Strangely, given this news, two thirds of Israeli teens feel safer at school than anywhere else!
With 40% admitting sexual assault at school too, one has to think that being a teen in the Jewish state today is scary.

Israeli%20teens_zps5h2kgj72.jpg
I have to question the credibility of any State of Religion, that needs more than Ten simple Commandments from a god.

Derp! The OP link is behind a paywall. Are you spamming for that site?
Please read Posts #29 and #30 for the information that it is never required to pay for up to six articles a month in Israel's quality newspaper of record. All that's necessary is to register. No, I am not spamming for anyone.

What does the OP has to do with Israel Palestine conflict?

Just more garbage from an extreme-left newspaper that hates all observant Jews and incites to violence.
No wonder they barely sell in Israel.

I can't believe that anyone is shocked by this. They raise their children to be psychotic murderers...

upload_2017-5-22_10-58-14.jpeg

NVM. That didn't work. I got around the paywall, but it put it back in when I linked it. Anyway.

What was the point?

I can't believe that anyone is shocked by this. They raise their children to be psychotic murderers...

View attachment 128150

The photo is not dissimilar to several that The Monty and others in the sweaty, frantic, Jew hating cabal cut and pasted many times.

It was another attempt at fraud as the photo was that of children handling firearms during Israeli Independence Day celebrations.

That photo was undated and unsourced as your cut and paste photo. You're just perpetrating another fraud, right?

What a load of shit. I guess they have fake news and fake polls in Israel too. Haaretz is run by leftie nutjobs that want to remove Netanyahu, we have those here too.

I agree load of shit! Any stabbing in Israel makes international news. No way stabbings
are that prevalent.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If anyone is interested, a similar poll conducted in the US shows that 71% of American school children have been subjected to at least one incidence of violence or sexual assault at school.

Forum List

Back