Over a Million Died in Vietnam for Nothing

Great source!
Noam Chomsky!
Do you know more about Vietnam than Chomsky?
"For the past 25 years I have been searching to find some reference in mainstream journalism or scholarship to a U.S. invasion of South Vietnam, or U.S. aggression in Indochina — without success. Instead I find a U.S. defense of South Vietnam against terrorists supported from outside (namely, from Vietnam), a defense that was unwise, the doves maintain."
Invasion Newspeak: U.S. & USSR
Are you naive enough the believe in the "US defense of South Vietnam?"
How come you can't tell us the battle when JFK had America invade South Vietnam?

I've been to Vietnam, you?
"In 1962, the United States attacked South Vietnam. In that year, President John F. Kennedy sent the U.S. Air Force to attack rural South Vietnam, where more than 80 percent of the population lived.

"This was part of a program intended to drive several million people into concentration camps (called 'strategic hamlets') where they would be surrounded by barbed wire and armed guards.

"This would 'protect' these people from the guerrillas whom, we conceded, they were largely supporting..."

"The land assault took place in early 1965, accompanied by the bombing of North Vietnam and an intensification of the bombing of the south, at triple the level of the more publicized bombing of the north. The U.S. also extended the war to Laos and Cambodia."

The Communist aggressors invaded in order to spread their glorious Communist beliefs upon others. 40 years later, the Vietnamese people are the highest ranking believers of a free market on the planet.

One of the greatest tragic comedies in world history.
View attachment 73768

Communist Vietnam just adores global capitalism—and it’s easy to see why

They fought so they could make their own decisions for themselves.

They kicked out the French, they kicked out the US, they repelled the Chinese, and they're doing things their own way. They don't need the US to control them.
I'll inform the 2 million Vietnamese sent to reeducation camps and the other million who got into leaky boats in shark and pirate infested waters to flee.

You do that, I have no idea why you would, but you do what you like.

The Communist aggressors invaded in order to spread their glorious Communist beliefs upon others. 40 years later, the Vietnamese people are the highest ranking believers of a free market on the planet.
The only invasion of South Vietnam was done by capitalists, and they are responsible for all the deaths in south east Asia starting in Korea and ending in Cambodia.

"In 1962, the United States attacked South Vietnam. In that year, President John F. Kennedy sent the U.S. Air Force to attack rural South Vietnam, where more than 80 percent of the population lived.

"This was part of a program intended to drive several million people into concentration camps (called 'strategic hamlets') where they would be surrounded by barbed wire and armed guards.

"This would 'protect' these people from the guerrillas whom, we conceded, they were largely supporting.

"The direct U.S. attack against South Vietnam followed our support for the French attempt to reconquer their former colony, our disruption of the 1954 'peace process,' and a terrorist war against the South Vietnamese population.

"This terror had already left some 75,000 dead while evoking domestic resistance, supported from the northern half of the country after 1959, that threatened to bring down the regime that the U.S. had established.

"In the following years, the U.S. continued to resist every attempt at peaceful settlement, and in 1964 began to plan the ground invasion of South Vietnam.

"The land assault took place in early 1965, accompanied by the bombing of North Vietnam and an intensification of the bombing of the south, at triple the level of the more publicized bombing of the north.

"The U.S. also extended the war to Laos and Cambodia."
Great source!
Noam Chomsky!

Tell me what battle was the American invasion of South Vietnam called, comrade?

The battle of the Gulf of Tonkin (which did not really take place).
So the invasion of South Vietnam by America was a battle that never took place you say.
Mind boggling.

I think that you may be catching on.

Technically, the communist "invaders," weren't invaders. They were Vietnamese already living in Vietnam. South Vietnam was a puppet government set up initially by the French. What the North Vietnamese did was successfully throw out foreign governments. As to communism, communism never works very well on the large continental scale, but better on the small community scale, thus you see China having a great deal of free market dealings now. The only reason neither Vietnam, nor China haven't given up the Communist party, is because the people in power don't want to give up their positions.

Technically, the communist "invaders," weren't invaders. They were Vietnamese already living in Vietnam. South Vietnam was a puppet government set up initially by the French. What the North Vietnamese did was successfully throw out foreign governments. As to communism, communism never works very well on the large continental scale, but better on the small community scale, thus you see China having a great deal of free market dealings now. The only reason neither Vietnam, nor China haven't given up the Communist party, is because the people in power don't want to give up their positions.

Your only error, in trying to speak to many participants here, is using the generic term 'communism'. They immediately see Stalin holding a bloodied club, carrying Marx on his shoulder. We all know that monasteries (Buddhist, Christian, etc.) work quite well. Anyone who can read can see that the early Christian community held goods in common.
Communal activity and commune organization has often functioned among humans, and thousands of years before poor Karl was born. You quite rightly state that we have yet to witness a mega-scale 'communism' work. We don't maintain that it should be a goal to establish such a thing. We maintain that an eclectic approach would lead us to chose the elements of human activity that succeed, and leave ideology to academics.

Great source!
Noam Chomsky!
Do you know more about Vietnam than Chomsky?
"For the past 25 years I have been searching to find some reference in mainstream journalism or scholarship to a U.S. invasion of South Vietnam, or U.S. aggression in Indochina — without success. Instead I find a U.S. defense of South Vietnam against terrorists supported from outside (namely, from Vietnam), a defense that was unwise, the doves maintain."
Are you naive enough the believe in the "US defense of South Vietnam?"
How come you can't tell us the battle when JFK had America invade South Vietnam?

I've been to Vietnam, you?

"This would 'protect' these people from the guerrillas whom, we conceded, they were largely supporting..."

"The land assault took place in early 1965, accompanied by the bombing of North Vietnam and an intensification of the bombing of the south, at triple the level of the more publicized bombing of the north. The U.S. also extended the war to Laos and Cambodia."

How many troops did JFK invade South Vietnam with in 1962?
What was North Vietnam doing in 1958?

View attachment 73768

They kicked out the French, they kicked out the US, they repelled the Chinese, and they're doing things their own way. They don't need the US to control them.
I'll inform the 2 million Vietnamese sent to reeducation camps and the other million who got into leaky boats in shark and pirate infested waters to flee.

Yep, the lefts concerns for the 2 million they left to be put in reeducation camps and the million who tried to flee with many dying can be summed up with 2 words - Who Cares.

View attachment 73768

Yep, the lefts concerns for the 2 million they left to be put in reeducation camps and the million who tried to flee with many dying can be summed up with 2 words - Who Cares.

Are you seriously trying to gain the higher moral ground on this? Seriously?

View attachment 73768

Who could take higher moral ground on someone who does not care about the enslavement of millions of people?

Who could take higher moral ground on someone who does not care about the enslavement of millions of people?

How do you know whether I care or not about something?

Your outragious lies saying the South Vietnamese kicked the US out.
I suppose in college they told you these people were trying to kick out the last helo.
image.jpeg

Where were North and South Vietnam in 1943?
What was going on in 1943? Slaves of the Japanese empire.
Actually, there was no 'North' and 'South' Vietnam. France called its colony Indochina, and the term was used internationally. For the Vietnamese it was Vietnam. France, Japan and the U.S. all tried to impose their order on the area. All failed. The Vietnamese resolved it, and would have done so with much less turmoil if left to themselves, including Chinese influence.

I suppose in college they told you these people were trying to kick out the last helo.
View attachment 74314

Oh sure, the US just though one fine day that they'd rather be somewhere else.

I didn't say the "South Vietnamese kicked the US out", I said the Vietnamese kicked the US out. Jeez

View attachment 74314

I didn't say the "South Vietnamese kicked the US out", I said the Vietnamese kicked the US out. Jeez
I will give you the benefit of doubt and just say you're ignorant.
Go do your homework on the Paris Peace Accords and stop displaying your ignorance.

Actually, there was no 'North' and 'South' Vietnam. France called its colony Indochina, and the term was used internationally. For the Vietnamese it was Vietnam. France, Japan and the U.S. all tried to impose their order on the area. All failed. The Vietnamese resolved it, and would have done so with much less turmoil if left to themselves, including Chinese influence.
In 1943 it was the Japanese Empire, dufus. And they didn't leave because of the Vietnamese.

In 1943 it was the Japanese Empire, dufus. And they didn't leave because of the Vietnamese.
Didn't see the post by 'dufus'. The post you quote does not say anything about the Empire, nor under what conditions its control ended.

Didn't see the post by 'dufus'. The post you quote does not say anything about the Empire, nor under what conditions its control ended.
Your ignorance of what was going on in 1943 Southeast Asia is mind boggling.

View attachment 74314

I will give you the benefit of doubt and just say you're ignorant.
Go do your homework on the Paris Peace Accords and stop displaying your ignorance.

Or, how about this. I can't be bothered with this crap level of "debate", I'm out, come back when you're willing to do this properly.

Forum List

Back