Over 40 People Have Died In Kentucky

There was a bus accident last week too...so he should have been there giving aid? Hell no! Nobody cared if George Bush went to NOLA or not. It was the fact that they knew what was going to happen and the aid people needed was not in place...four days later. A freaking ICE STORM is a a totally different animal. I'm pretty sure that it's a logistics nightmare. Plus the state of Kentucky is a helluva lot bigger than the gulf area that was affected during Katrina. Come on people!

Wrong on all counts. FEMA prepositioned all its supplies BEFORE, LONG BEFORE Katrina hit. And it took 2 days not 4 even though every bridge road and airport was out. Further Katrina affected far more then New Orleans, the Press just ignored the other States.

This is the SAME and yet Obama gets a pass, hell more then a pass.

There was a bus accident last week too...so he should have been there giving aid? Hell no! Nobody cared if George Bush went to NOLA or not. It was the fact that they knew what was going to happen and the aid people needed was not in place...four days later. A freaking ICE STORM is a a totally different animal. I'm pretty sure that it's a logistics nightmare. Plus the state of Kentucky is a helluva lot bigger than the gulf area that was affected during Katrina. Come on people!

LOL! Bush declared Louisiana a disaster area before Katrina hit:

...Such early deployment of relief is unusual in disaster-aid work. But damage projections had been so severe - and New Orleans deemed so vulnerable in its dependence on a network of levees, canals, and pumps to keep dry - that President Bush on Saturday went ahead and declared an emergency in the states of Louisiana and Mississippi, allowing the Federal Emergency Management Agency to mobilize ahead of the storm...

Of course, none of you want to acknowledge the problem as people and their using common sense, you saw it as a multi-year opportunity to bash Bush. Well FEMA is now Obama's and his response, as theirs was less than adequate.

Has Barack Obama gone down there yet? No? People died and Obama snoozed. Truly unforgivable. Where's FEMA, in a meaningful way? No excuses. The horror.

So, your contention is that this was a natural disaster on the scale of Hurricane Andrew, or Katrina?

Or, is it just that you can't stop yourself from defending or trying to whitewash the failures of Bush, the guy you voted twice for?

And of course YOU aren't trying to whitewash the actions, or lack thereof in this case, by deflecting, as usual, are you?

A natural disaster is a natural disaster. The biggest part of Katrina was a man-made disaster that morons like you have tried to blame on Bush. I bet those 42 people and their suviving familes don't see it as any less a disaster.

But fuck 'em, right? Just some dumb hillbillies clinging to their guns and Bibles out of fear who don't vote the way you think they should anyway, right?

Get a fucking clue some day, huh?

Has Barack Obama gone down there yet? No? People died and Obama snoozed. Truly unforgivable. Where's FEMA, in a meaningful way? No excuses. The horror.

So, your contention is that this was a natural disaster on the scale of Hurricane Andrew, or Katrina?

Or, is it just that you can't stop yourself from defending or trying to whitewash the failures of Bush, the guy you voted twice for?

What is the minimum size disaster that Obama will make an appearance for ?

A European soccer match.:eusa_whistle:

And of course YOU aren't trying to whitewash the actions, or lack thereof in this case, by deflecting, as usual, are you?

A natural disaster is a natural disaster. The biggest part of Katrina was a man-made disaster that morons like you have tried to blame on Bush. I bet those 42 people and their suviving familes don't see it as any less a disaster.

But fuck 'em, right? Just some dumb hillbillies clinging to their guns and Bibles out of fear who don't vote the way you think they should anyway, right?

Get a fucking clue some day, huh?
Indeed, shockingly she is an Obama apologist. :eek:

No, YOU "come on." What a fucking tapdance your entire post is.

It's the same fucking thing. Expecting the government in either case to do something in a timely manner, much less actually give a shit is just flat-out stupid.

. A freaking ICE STORM is a a totally different animal. I'm pretty sure that it's a logistics nightmare. Plus the state of Kentucky is a helluva lot bigger than the gulf area that was affected during Katrina. Come on people!

You're right. And the nature and extent with which different people and regions are affected is different as is the ability to access help from different sources. For example, in '98, I didn't lose power, but friends 10 miles away in another province were out for 2 weeks. People 2 blocks away were out for a a day or two and my MIL was out for a few days, several miles away, also. Since we didn't lose power, we had a lot of house guests up until my daughter was born!

The PM was very vocal on it because he lived in the same city. Phew.

Last edited:
What confuses me is how can 2 million African Americans get in and out of

Washington DC in sub zero temps in 1 day when 200,000

couldn't get out of New Orleans at 85 degrees with four

days notice.

No, YOU "come on." What a fucking tapdance your entire post is.

It's the same fucking thing. Expecting the government in either case to do something in a timely manner, much less actually give a shit is just flat-out stupid.

It's not the same Gunny. And for you to pretend it is is nonsense. There were runways open in the GULF AREA. And you mean sunny weather is the same as ice? So would you want the plane you're on to land on a dry runway or an icy one? Come on!

Last edited:
ATLANTA -- Kentucky’s storm emergency needs continue to be a priority for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), which is coordinating and delivering federal resources to the commonwealth.

With widespread power outages affecting communications capabilities in Kentucky, FEMA’s Mobile Emergency Response Support units – called MERS – have moved from Thomasville, Ga. and Frederick, Md. to Kentucky.

MERS assets include portable radio towers, repeaters and radios; multiple portable KU Band satellite systems and satellite telephones to help officials in areas where cellular towers are inoperative.

FEMA also has deployed its Incident Response Vehicle, technicians, and radio/repeater equipment to construct a radio network capable of providing communications.

“This is an amazing effort and we have worked long hours to move supplies and equipment. Our working partnership with FEMA ensures we are getting excellent help under difficult circumstances for Kentuckians suffering from the winter storm,” said Gen. John W. Heltzel, director of Kentucky’s Division of Emergency Management.

FEMA and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers are working together to provide industrial-size generators needed to power critical facilities. Teams are assessing needs and installing these generators each day.

FEMA also is fulfilling the commonwealth’s requests for diesel fuel and unleaded gasoline. Delivery of a total 80,000 gallons began Saturday at commonwealth staging areas in Greenville and Paducah.

The Commonwealth of Kentucky and FEMA Work Together - WOWK-TV - WOWKTV.com

AHH! So it's a FEMA priority... well they have THAT goin' for 'em...

What's interesting to me is that no one mentioned that so many of those suffering are Black!

Maybe the color of those suffering at the hand of Federla incompetence just isn't an issue any more...

Now does this mean that we're living in the Honorable Reverend Doctor Martin Luther King's dream; where the color of the suffering man's skin is set aside as we judge the content of their character?

Golly, I hope so... and if ya just think about what a character builder freezing to death is... when ya think about it, President Hussein is really doin' them a FAVOR...

LOL... Oh this is gonna be a GAS.

days notice.

Because we have coats and not boats!

didn't need boats 4 days in advance, it was only after katrina hit when boats were needed.

....But they didn't even have the benefit of 3 days notice like New Orleans did

days notice.

Hmmm. I've seen this posted elsewhere, verbatim. Double spaced and everything.

How many people were at the event, total?

Wait, it's fashionable now to think the government should rescue people? I can hardly keep up with the talking points.

But this is good news, maybe there is hope for a national disaster insurance program modeled on the national flood insurance program.

nobus.jpg

I guess these buses were not good enoug and that's why they were never deployed eh?
http://squawkboxnoise.files.wordpress.com/2006/03/nobus.jpg

Wait, it's fashionable now to think the government should rescue people? I can hardly keep up with the talking points.

But this is good news, maybe there is hope for a national disaster insurance program modeled on the national flood insurance program.

Uh, you seem to be missing irony and payback? :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back