Over 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open since $15 Minimum Wage!

More than 30 New Seattle Restaurants Open Since $15 Minimum Wage Became Law!

In-spite of relentless Republican Lies claiming the opposite.

So typical of liberals declaring success before actually achieving success, we'll see how many of these new businesses actually survive.

Well, first it was........Seattle restaurants are closing since the minimum wage went up

now that they are not, it's.....We hope they fail
It's a fact that less than 15% of restaurant start ups have a life span of 5 years.

I thought you libbies were all about the facts.

So you admit that all that RWnut blather about the Seattle restaurant closing BECAUSE of the minimum wage increase was largely baseless...

good for you.

I'm not admitting anything I am just stating the facts.

We'll have to wait and see what happens because the fact is the 15 an hour wage is several years away.

This is a good time in Seattle to open a new restaurant. With the upcoming increase in minimum wage, there's gonna be a whole lotta niggerrich folks out there wanting to go out to dinner.
Because we all know how much liberals LOVE spending their own money.

Liberals don't spend money

We just flash our Liberal Card and get everything for free

I wink at the cashier and my credit card payment is automatically canceled.

Kudos to Washington. It's showing that it cares about its Workers. Very refreshing. It's so shocking that states like Florida still pay their Servers and Bartenders $2.50 an hr. How do they get away with it? Well, Businesses own enough Politicians there. No Worker, regardless of Tips, should be paid $2.50 an hr. It's appalling. All States should follow Washington's lead.

So typical of liberals declaring success before actually achieving success, we'll see how many of these new businesses actually survive.

Well, first it was........Seattle restaurants are closing since the minimum wage went up

It's a fact that less than 15% of restaurant start ups have a life span of 5 years.

So you admit that all that RWnut blather about the Seattle restaurant closing BECAUSE of the minimum wage increase was largely baseless...

good for you.

We'll have to wait and see what happens because the fact is the 15 an hour wage is several years away.

You admit that restaurants go out of business in large numbers for reasons that have nothing to do with a minimum wage increase. Your pals on the right in that big thread about this would have nothing to do with that common sense observation.

good for you.

You admit that restaurants go out of business in large numbers for reasons that have nothing to do with a minimum wage increase. Your pals on the right in that big thread about this would have nothing to do with that common sense observation.
I don't have any "pals" on the right.

I stay away from partisan hacks like you people from both sides.

Restaurants have always had a low success rate. It's the nature of the business.

And really politics aside I don't see how you people can say that a 60% plus rise in labor costs will be good for businesses and not be a reason that some will close.

But like I said we'll have to wait and see then one of us can say, " I informed you thusly"

I think I will have the pleasure.

So what is your point?

The conservative claim was that the $15 wage was causing restaurants to close down. But not only are they not closing down, we have restaurants willing to risk a start up in a city with $15 wages

The 15 an hour wage is a few years away.

Once again I thought you were all about the facts.

I guess you're just as bad as those conservatives huh?

And yet the conservative media was reporting that it was causing restaurants to close down

If you have a choice of restaurant locations, why choose one that is going to require wages to go up?

Why? Because they know they can still make a profit at a $15 wage

So what is your point?

The conservative claim was that the $15 wage was causing restaurants to close down. But not only are they not closing down, we have restaurants willing to risk a start up in a city with $15 wages

The 15 an hour wage is a few years away.

Once again I thought you were all about the facts.

I guess you're just as bad as those conservatives huh?

And yet the conservative media was reporting that it was causing restaurants to close down

If you have a choice of restaurant locations, why choose one that is going to require wages to go up?

Why? Because they know they can still make a profit at a $15 wage

Like I said we'll have to wait and see.

I posted a thread yesterday about Red states raising taxes to produce revenue to support/repair state infrastructure, ie bridges/roads ..

I wonder how many people lost their jobs and went bankrupt because of higher taxes ?

es

I posted a thread yesterday about Red states raising taxes to produce revenue to support/repair state infrastructure, ie bridges/roads ..

I wonder how many people lost their jobs and went bankrupt because of higher taxes ?

es

Not just that....but imagine how much money did not trickle down in those states

Last edited:

So what is your point?

Just a reminder, to be clear, the 15 dollar wage isn't reached for several years.

It's sad to see the RWnuts have to root for business failures just because the employees of those businesses might be a little better off.
It's sad to see liberals lie over and over again. But it's what they do.

If they can't afford the wage increase, or the higher taxes, how can they afford the country club dues? Why are they Republicans?

I would be very interested to see the price of comparable items between the restaurants which have been closing and the onew that have been opening. In my mind every item on a menu has a price point. Exceed it and I'm not ordering that item. Exceed it with too many items on the same menu and your restaurant will not be on my list of places to eat. I think most people do the same; so only time will tell how well these businesses do

Restaurants close for numerous reasons. But it's very rarely because of payroll issues. Many States like Florida only pay their Servers and Bartenders $2.50 - $3.00 an hr. Yet hundreds of Restaurants in Florida go under every year. Hundreds close and hundreds open. It's the nature of the beast. So Washington will be fine. It's a State truly respecting its Workers. It deserves much props for that.

I don't see any opened since Seattle minimum wage ordinance went to effect, meaning today.

What will you say when they do? Because according to your logic, all Restaurants in Washington should be closing immediately. The sky is falling, no?

I simply point that OP is a lie. The law is in effect starting today.

. Many restaurants can afford it because their customers can afford it. The point was that not all will be able to afford the increase.

I take it your idea of "eating out at a restaurant" is the dining room at McDonalds. Would that be correct?
Where the poorer people eat. Yes?

I ask because when I go to my local favorite restaurants to eat, I look around me and I see the haves (people doing ok money wise) spending money freely. They can afford a little bit more. I can afford a little bit more. And I already tip 25%. I used to be in the have nots. Service workers already don't make enough. And the haves aren't gonna miss a lick if the prices go up a little.

You seen beer costs lately? I still drink the same amount of beer.

The point is, if you are a good restaurant succeeding now, a modest increase in your prices will not stop the haves money people who are eating there from coming back.
If you are a restaurant trying to get by on the business of the have nots (low wage workers), you are going to fail sooner rather than later anyway.

The have nots are not going to be able to sustain a nice restaurant (fast food yes) and the haves are not going to stop eating out at nicer restaurants over a couple dollars.

Forum List

Back