Our President Has To Invade Iran -And Now!

Discussion in 'Military' started by bush lover, Jul 16, 2007.

1. bush lover

bush lover Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Thank God for our Vice President Cheney. He wants our President to invade Iran before his term ends. He has to invade Iran now so we can get their weapons of mass destruction. In addition, they hate our freedom and are helping the Bin Laden terrorists. The Iranian people love democracy and need to be liberated from their oppressive government so that our President can show them how a free country really should operate, like we have shown the Iraqis, who greeted us with flowers, you will recall. Next stop: North Korea. And then the Axis of Evil is finished. And our President will have fulfilled his promise to America to finish off the evil-doers. God bless our President and Vice President.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/frontpage/story/0,,2127343,00.html

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Bully already posted this.

3. T-Bor

T-Bor Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +101
    If this is real I have never read a more putrid piece of tripe in my life..Unless it was of course something that I had written. Yes Bush Lover lets just invade every country that does not like us. Lets do Russia and then China next after the Axis of Evil is done. Hell lets just wipe out every damn country that does not agree with our way of thinking. Wow the name Hitler just flashed through my mind.

I think this guygal is more of a screwball than RSR.

4. ReillyT

ReillyT Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Perhaps he was being sarcastic.

5. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    He was being sarcastic.

6. Bern80

Bern80 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +726
    funny, islamic extremists just flashed through mine.

7. Vintij

Vintij Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +105
    Oh this story was from the guardian? No wonder.

How logical does this quote sound "the president wont leave office with iran in limbo".

Nobody, even from the administration, would say something so stupid.

How about fixing Iraq before thinking about not leaving office with iran in limbo?

8. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Bush lover fancies him/herself a satirist.

9. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    For your edification, I'll post what I started the thread <a href=http://www.usmessageboard.com/showthread.php?t=49680>Speaking of bad moves...</a> with.

...Military action against Iran is back in vogue at the White House, as Darth...er...<b>DICK</b> Cheney regains traction on the issue.

<blockquote>The balance in the internal White House debate over Iran has shifted back in favour of military action before President George Bush leaves office in 18 months, the Guardian has learned.

The shift follows an internal review involving the White House, the Pentagon and the state department over the last month. Although the Bush administration is in deep trouble over Iraq, it remains focused on Iran. A well-placed source in Washington said: "Bush is not going to leave office with Iran still in limbo." - <a href=http://www.guardian.co.uk/print/0,,330197756-110878,00.html>The Guardian</a></blockquote>

This despite the fact that Bob Gates and Condi Rice have bluntly insisted that military action is not a viable option. This despite the fact that in February a number of <a href=http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article1434540.ece>generals and admirals threatened to resign</a> if the Bush Administration ordered an attack on Iran.

Reality does not support an attack on Iran either, given how overstretched our ground forces are, such action is not sustainable. There are those who argue that such an attack would be in the form of air strikes. The flaw in their argument is that Iran shares a border with Iraq...Any air strikes against Iran will result in Iranian troops coming across the border into Iraq and engaging US ground forces, which would further destabilize the region, prompting other regional powers to send forces into Iraq, with Israel being sucked along in the US wake. If the Bush administration is intent on sparking some sort of apocalyptic "Armageddon"-like conflict, attacking Iran would be the spark that sets the region, and the world ablaze.

And we mustn't forget that any military action against Iran would lead to a bloody uprising of the Shi'ia, which is the majority, in Iraq. And in case you've forgotten, or in your case, never knew, Iran is a Shi'ite theocracy. So our ground forces would be caught between the hammer of of outside forces coming into Iraq, and the anvil of forces already there. It's painfully obvious that the Bush administration has utterly failed to take into account the consequences of military action against Iran. Or perhaps they have and they just...don't...care.

10. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    Military action against Iran hasn't been OUT of "vogue" with me since 1979.