our only hope is term limits. let's start by making a list of folks runnin for office who support it

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
step by step, people!

Patrick Morrisey of West Virginia supports term limits.

he's running for US Senate.

help me out, here.

let's list these folks then support their campaigns in every way we can!

DRAIN. DA. FUCKIN. SWAMP.

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

They all seem to be for term limits...until they get in.

• Banned
step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Lyin Ted Cruz introduced a term limits amendment. everyone in Washington hates him. even Trump hates him.

but no one hates Lyin Ted more than Creepy Al Franken. true story. Frankenstein even did a painting of a scowling Lyin Ted!

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

if you made $172K a year for scratching your ass and sniffing your finger would you vote yourself out of office?

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Let's take that concept and apply it to the private market.

A state creates a law that no company can keep an employee more than six years. It matters not what kind of work they do, how honest they are, how much profit they make for the company, they only have six years before they must resign and let somebody else take their place.

In contrast, a neighboring state keeps things the way they are now. They don't interfere with who a company keeps and who they get rid of. It's based on how good of work they do. Their merits are rewarded by their employer.

Which state do you suppose would have the most successful companies?

Term limits are not the solution. Why should we get rid of the few great representatives that may be in there now fighting for the better of the country? We actually do have term limits, and they are set by the voters. The voters determine how long a representative is allowed to serve.

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Your state has to approve of term limits, that's out of Federal Government's authority. The Federal Government has set term limits for the President.

You aka the state's elect the Congress and senators so it's the state's or you, whom are constituents of that state to decide on term limits.

Furthermore they may campaign on term limits, but when they're elected they will reverse their campaign pledge and be against term limits. Its not rocket science lol.

Last edited:
step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Your state has to approve of term limits, that's out of Federal Government's authority. The Federal Government has set term limits for the President.

You aka the state's elect the Congress and senators so it's the state's or you, whom are constituents of that state to decide on term limits.

Furthermore they may campaign on term limits, but when they're elected they will reverse their campaign pledge and be against term limits. Its not rocket science lol.

A state cannot create Congressional or Senate term limits even for representatives of that state.

I would only support term limits if they were set to 15 minutes.

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Let's take that concept and apply it to the private market.

A state creates a law that no company can keep an employee more than six years. It matters not what kind of work they do, how honest they are, how much profit they make for the company, they only have six years before they must resign and let somebody else take their place.

In contrast, a neighboring state keeps things the way they are now. They don't interfere with who a company keeps and who they get rid of. It's based on how good of work they do. Their merits are rewarded by their employer.

Which state do you suppose would have the most successful companies?

Term limits are not the solution. Why should we get rid of the few great representatives that may be in there now fighting for the better of the country? We actually do have term limits, and they are set by the voters. The voters determine how long a representative is allowed to serve.

I agree with this fully.

What problem are you trying to solve?

Term Limits just allows the party system to swap candidates every few years with pretty anonymous candidates. Politicians will have little experience and the Public Servants will be running the country...

I think the problem you are trying to solve is the lack of choice on the ballot. Lack of choice is being created by the First PAst the post voting system.

the ONLY way to set term limits for US congress is an amendment to the constitution

I don't think so. I don't believe the US Constitution prohibits term limits. However I think we need to amend it so that representatives are voted on at the same time.

The real problem is that even good people who get elected are poisoned by the swamp once they get comfortable, then they become part of it. If we elected all 100 Senators in one election, same with Congress, we would have the ability to vote them all (or most of them) out so there would be little contamination of the new representatives.

I think the problem you are trying to solve is the lack of choice on the ballot. Lack of choice is being created by the First PAst the post voting system.

Of course we have lack of choice. See what the media does to the people that run? Would you want to put yourself or your family through that??? I wouldn't.

If not for the MSM, we probably would get a much better batch of candidates to choose from. But as long as the MSM has the ability to control the minds of the public, it will never change.

There are already term limits
2 years in the house and 6 in the Senate

Then they have to start all over

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Term limits don't do anything.

You need Proportional Representation. This will change politics entirely.

Of course we have lack of choice. See what the media does to the people that run? Would you want to put yourself or your family through that??? I wouldn't.

If not for the MSM, we probably would get a much better batch of candidates to choose from. But as long as the MSM has the ability to control the minds of the public, it will never change.

Lack of choice because of the way the system is set up. This has been explained to you plenty of times.

But you choose to ignore this. It has to be the media's fault, because that makes you feel good and fits with the agenda.

PR isn't part of the agenda, so ignore it.

Ignore that every country with PR and viable democracy has more choice.

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Term limits don't do anything.

You need Proportional Representation. This will change politics entirely.

Proportion Representation and Single Vote Transfer/Alternative Vote...

They are probably the most used systems in the world...

Also used which are good but I believe as good as those are:
Party-list proportional representation - Wikipedia
Two-round system - Wikipedia

I don't like the two round system as it requires voter to vote twice and Single Vote Transfer/Alternative Vote is also call Instant-runoff voting - Wikipedia

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Agreed. This is the only way this madness starts getting fixed. Elect those who support strict Term Limits.

So if I have a representative who understands the job, does great work and is well respected, I have to swap him out for someone with no experience

step by step, people!

help me out, here.

Term limits don't get rid of the Congressional Staffers that control more than they should.

The Representatives are figure heads that at best manage the office.
They don't write the legislation, conduct research, nor make policy decisions absent the staff.

Staff rotates only when seats are lost to opposing parties or through promotion.
Changing who sits at the head of the table doesn't matter unless they have to take their "second cousins" with them when they leave.

Forum List

Back