Our founding fathers were not conservative

But that's the thing with Liberals..there is room for growth

It doesn't look that way to me. The Democratic Party is cannibalizing its moderates today just like the Republicans are. The extremes on both sides are marginalizing their centrists. That's contracting growth.

The founders were very much liberal. They were also not in lockstep with each other. Some had more conservative values then others. Some owned slaves. But that's the thing with Liberals..there is room for growth.

With Conservatives the meme..if it ain't broke don't fix it..is the rule.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Close, in truth, yet mis applied. You don't throw out the whole construct when a minor correction or repair serves the purpose. You don't throw out the baby with the bath water either. Context is everything here.

Conservatives swear fealty to God, King and Country..or the Tories.

Liberals don't..the Founders.

However, the founders did swear to protect the Constitution, liberals are the one that want to change it, wipe it clean and start over.

The original signers of the declaration of independence (AKA the "Founding Fathers") and the participants to the continental congresses didn't swear to uphold "THE US Constitution" Bigrebnc, because that document wasn't even written until 1789.

But hey, let's not reality get in the way of our partisan delusions about US history, shall we?

Trying to apply our versions of conservative or liberal to those guys makes like ZERO sense, folks.

Last edited:

It doesn't look that way to me. The Democratic Party is cannibalizing its moderates today just like the Republicans are. The extremes on both sides are marginalizing their centrists. That's contracting growth.

Nope.

In fact..there are conservatives in the party.

The present republican party purged itself of Liberals. Even the moderates are called RINOs.

There is no such thing in the Democratic party.

The founders were very much liberal. They were also not in lockstep with each other. Some had more conservative values then others. Some owned slaves. But that's the thing with Liberals..there is room for growth.

If the founders were liberal then I'm Tina Turner.

Obviously it was broke and they founders decided to fix it. The situation was not working for them because the crown decided to treat them like indentured servants rather then subjects in equal standing to the crown.

They risked their lives. They believed in their new country. They knew what it could be. They were not happy with the status-quo. They owned guns....many read their Bibles and attended services. They believed in unalienable rights that were God-given. And above all; they hated high taxes.

What in that means they were liberals?

However, the founders did swear to protect the Constitution, liberals are the one that want to change it, wipe it clean and start over.

The original signers of the declaration of indpendence (AJKA the Fopunding Fathers) and the participants to the continental congresses didn't swear to uphold "THE US Constitution" Bigrebnc, because that document wasn't even written until 1789.

But hey, let's not reality get in the way of your delusions that you can lecture us about US history, shall we?

So the founding fathers had nothing to do with the Constitution? The Founding Fathers didn't sign the Constitution? George Washington wasn't a founding Father when he took the oath of office as President of the United States of America.

Close, in truth, yet mis applied. You don't throw out the whole construct when a minor correction or repair serves the purpose. You don't throw out the baby with the bath water either. Context is everything here.

Intense..I watched this take place at my shop. I..and other "liberal" adminstrators advocated fiercely to discard TANDEM mainframes for UNIX servers. That didn't happen until we nearly went out of business.

Intense..I watched this take place at my shop. I..and other "liberal" adminstrators advocated fiercely to discard TANDEM mainframes for UNIX servers. That didn't happen until we nearly went out of business.

The Constitution is not obsolete technology.

Just sayin'.

The original signers of the declaration of indpendence (AJKA the Fopunding Fathers) and the participants to the continental congresses didn't swear to uphold "THE US Constitution" Bigrebnc, because that document wasn't even written until 1789.

But hey, let's not reality get in the way of your delusions that you can lecture us about US history, shall we?

So the founding fathers had nothing to do with the Constitution? The Founding Fathers didn't sign the Constitution? George Washington wasn't a founding Father when he took the oath of office as President of the United States of America.

It's clear ed doesn't understand that The Constitution codifies a firm set of values that inspired and informed The Founders before, during, and after the Revolution.

They paid the price, good argument for going into competition with them. I have spent a lifetime, circumventing poor management. You could work on a more convincing argument next time you are in that predicament, or go to work for more competent competition. There is no political solution there.

I agree. The Dems seem to pride themselves on their broad base... the problem with that is you end up pleasing no one.

Nope.

The present republican party purged itself of Liberals. Even the moderates are called RINOs.

Democrats are doing the same.

Matter of fact many of the Democrats that lost in the election and were considered to be slightly conservative were prevented from voting this week by Nancy Pelosi.

Hard to believe huh?

Not for me.

Last edited:

Liberals endorse the power of a strong centralized government to intrude into their lives and override the will of the local authorities. These sound more like the Loyalists to me.

Conservatives favor the authority of the local governments over that of the strong central government. These sound more like the Founders to me.

Are you saying that John Adams supported the right of the King to levy the Tea Tax?

I
The Founding Fathers are generally thought to the players at the First and Second Continental Congress.

They are called the FOUNDING fathers because the FOUNDED the nation.

Dates and places of sessions (of the Continental Congresses
The nation THEY FOUNDED was governed under the "Articles of Confederation".

The US Consitution we currently enjoy was written in 1787, put into practice in 1788, but not finally enacted as the law of the land by the States until 1789.

Liberals endorse the power of a strong centralized government to intrude into their lives and override the will of the local authorities. These sound more like the Loyalists to me.

Conservatives favor the authority of the local governments over that of the strong central government. These sound more like the Founders to me.

Are you saying that John Adams supported the right of the King to levy the Tea Tax?

Nope.

Washington and Hamilton were advocates of a strong central government..Jefferson and Madison were not. Both are liberal views..and that is part and parcel with Liberalism. The acceptance or tolerance of views you may not agree with.

Conservatives hold no such value.

Nope.

Washington and Hamilton were advocates of a strong central government..Jefferson and Madison were not. Both are liberal views..and that is part and parcel with Liberalism. The acceptance or tolerance of views you may not agree with.

So Liberals are both for and against strong central government and both for and against strong local government?

The wisdom and governance of the Big 0 are suddenly and completely explained. He has no clue what he favors or what he opposes and no general direction he prefers to move in. He is for all of it and against all of it and will know he has achieved his goals when he has failed to accomplish his purpose.

Wow!

Nope.

So Liberals are both for and against strong central government and both for and against strong local government?

The wisdom and governance of the Big 0 are suddenly and completely explained. He has no clue what he favors or what he opposes and no general direction he prefers to move in. He is for all of it and against all of it and will know he has achieved his goals when he has failed to accomplish his purpose.

Wow!

Liberals are against exclusion. Conservatives are exclusionary.

The current debacle about the Muslim religion illustrates that nicely.

Simple as that.

Nope.

Please name some "conservatives" in the Democratic Party who have any leadership role at all.
And Joe lIeberman doesn't count. Neither does Zell Miller.

Forum List

Back