CDZ Our Ally Israel

We are constantly told by our government and news media that Israel is an important strategic ally of the United States. It's easy to see why this alliance is important for Israel, but what do we get out of this relationship? How is Israel an important ally for us? How do they help us? Do they help us? Or are they more of a liability than anything else?
Wow we agree on something.

One reason I heard from the born agains is that the bible tells us to defend Israel. It has to do with armageddon or the apocalypse or the end days.
Guess who the largest contributors are for private funding to build new settlements on the West Bank. It ain't the Jews. It's Christian fundamentalist churches.

95% of America's problems with countries in the Middle East has to due with supplying Israel with money and weapons.

We gain nothing from it except hatred and animosity from just about every country in the region. ..... :cool:
So then this looks like one vote for Israel being a liability rather than an asset.
Israel is the eyes and ears for the US in the Middle East. That's why they get money for weapons and defense from the US. Anyone who can't understand the reasons is brain dead.
Eyes and ears? For who? The Israeli government has been caught spying in this country several times. What makes you think they're working for us?

Wow, Americans complain about spying?....
Israel pursues it's own policies for it's own reasons. They don't mind if those reasons happen to coincide with US policy, but that's about as far as Israel's love for America goes. Just ask the the survivors of the USS Liberty.

Israel is clearly a liability: duplicitous, untrustworthy, arrogant, and condescending – they ‘negotiate’ in bad faith with the full intent of doing exactly as they please, regardless of the consequences to the United States.

Continued support of Israel is completely unwarranted.

Yes, because supporting the ones who burn your flags proved to be a better idea.
This fails as a red herring fallacy.

That Israel's enemies might 'worse' than Israel doesn't 'justify' support for Israel.

Nor does legitimate, appropriate, accurate criticism of Israel mean one 'supports' Israel's enemies, when in fact both are equally worthy of our contempt, and both equally unworthy of American support.

I agree that Israel is NOT an asset.

Our support of Israel is the primary issue that the Arab/Muslim world has with US.

All we have to do is withdraw our support, and let the Arabs/Muslims destroy Israel and we will be in a position to greatly improve our image in the Arab/Muslim World.

And history tells US that if you let a genocidal people commit genocide that that generally appeases them and they then settle down.

I personally am anti-genocide, so imo, the Arabs/Muslims can piss off.

Our support of Israel is the primary issue that the Arab/Muslim world has with US.

All we have to do is withdraw our support, and let the Arabs/Muslims destroy Israel and we will be in a position to greatly improve our image in the Arab/Muslim World.

And history tells US that if you let a genocidal people commit genocide that that generally appeases them and they then settle down.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

No one is advocating Israel be 'destroyed.'

And neither Arabs nor Muslims are 'genocidal people,' which fails as a composition fallacy.

And neither Arabs nor Muslims are 'genocidal people,' which fails as a composition fallacy.

Nonsense.

95% of America's problems with countries in the Middle East has to due with supplying Israel with money and weapons.

We gain nothing from it except hatred and animosity from just about every country in the region. ..... :cool:

Muslim governments inflame hatred of Jews and Americans to distract attention from their own despotic governments

Of course liberals are advocating Israel be destroyed. By not defending themselves, that is the clear result. Liberals are responsible for the consequences of their choices regardless of whether they want to be or not.

Also, I see you still haven't learned how to quote

We are constantly told by our government and news media that Israel is an important strategic ally of the United States. It's easy to see why this alliance is important for Israel, but what do we get out of this relationship? How is Israel an important ally for us? How do they help us? Do they help us? Or are they more of a liability than anything else?

Doing the right thing, that's about it

Israel is clearly a liability: duplicitous, untrustworthy, arrogant, and condescending – they ‘negotiate’ in bad faith with the full intent of doing exactly as they please, regardless of the consequences to the United States.

Continued support of Israel is completely unwarranted.

Yes, because supporting the ones who burn your flags proved to be a better idea.
They burn our flag because we defend the other one. I'm sure you have empathy for the Palestinians.

They burn flags because that's what they do. Like throwing shoes and blowing themselves up. a matter of culture.

So then this looks like one vote for Israel being a liability rather than an asset.
Israel is the eyes and ears for the US in the Middle East. That's why they get money for weapons and defense from the US. Anyone who can't understand the reasons is brain dead.
Eyes and ears? For who? The Israeli government has been caught spying in this country several times. What makes you think they're working for us?

Israel pursues it's own policies for it's own reasons. They don't mind if those reasons happen to coincide with US policy, but that's about as far as Israel's love for America goes. Just ask the the survivors of the USS Liberty.

What about the survivors of 9/11? I'll be more interested in their opinions, and I don't have to go ages back to get it.

Silly Liberals.

What about the survivors of 9/11? I'll be more interested in their opinions, and I don't have to go ages back to get it.

Silly Liberals.
I can well understand why you would prefer to ignore uncomfortable history. You superficiality, hypocrisy, and blatant stupidity prevent you from doing anything else.

Silly Liberals.
I can well understand why you would prefer to ignore uncomfortable history. You superficiality, hypocrisy, and blatant stupidity prevent you from doing anything else.
When all else fails, beat the USS Liberty to death one more time.

Silly Liberals.
We haven't even begun to talk about that. When do you suppose Israel will prosecute the men responsible for the attack on the USS Liberty?

Silly Liberals.
We haven't even begun to talk about that. When do you suppose Israel will prosecute the men responsible for the attack on the USS Liberty?
Oh yes we've begun. That subject has been beat to death on USMB for years. It's over with and finished.

Silly Liberals.
Oh yes we've begun. That subject has been beat to death on USMB for years. It's over with and finished.
No doubt the survivors of the USS Liberty can take great comfort from your discussion.

Silly Liberals.
No doubt the survivors of the USS Liberty can take great comfort from your discussion.
They already know.

They already know.
Oh I see, so then the situation has been resolved. Good to hear.

Silly Liberals.

It's not me who prefers to ignore uncomfortable history. I believe the voices of hundreds of thousands of victims of terror made by the enemies of Israel,, while you chose to relate to only one sad chapter in history, in hopes that, what? the alligator won't see you as food?

Silly Liberals.

Are you sane? It didn't even happen in THIS century, the leaders of the war are dead.

Forum List

Back