CDZ Pope Says Family Most Beautiful Thing God Made

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Okay, straight off – I AM NOT CATHOLIC. I'm no theologian. I don't even regularly attend any church services of my own choice. So, where do I get off commenting on this?

I'm just sort of stirring the pot.

If family is so important, why were the first two human beings made NOT to be sexually active? They were to live a celibate life? Only when Eve listened to Satan did they get kicked out and told to go make lots and lots of kids.

If family is so important, why are priests and nuns not allowed to marry and create families?

Just asking.

There's a story about the speech @ Pope Francis off-the-cuff: Family is the most beautiful thing God made

Where does it say in Genesis that Adam and Eve were not to reproduce?

Okay, straight off – I AM NOT CATHOLIC. I'm no theologian. I don't even regularly attend any church services of my own choice. So, where do I get off commenting on this?

If family is so important, why were the first two human beings made NOT to be sexually active? They were to live a celibate life? Only when Eve listened to Satan did they get kicked out and told to go make lots and lots of kids.

If family is so important, why are priests and nuns not allowed to marry and create families?

Just asking.

There's a story about the speech @ Pope Francis off-the-cuff: Family is the most beautiful thing God made

Well, even though you are not Christian, would it kill you to read what the Bible says about such things just to find the Bible's answers to your questions? I often read materials in which I dispute or disagree just to find out the other view. It won't hurt you to do a little research yourself.

Just asking.

Ya, He hit it out of the park with Adam and Eve and Cain and Able didn't He? ;)

I had the bible memorized when I was 14 - it was expected by the church I attended at the time.

I sorta became an apostate and began to study other religions from all over the world. I found some commonality in almost all - a belief that there is a higher form of life than ourselves that somehow watches over and occasionally even interferes with us.

Some events appear in almost every history - a massive flood that covered the earth being just one of them.

If there is any one particular set of beliefs I find myself most drawn to, it is a wide range of beliefs and stories throughout the tribes of North America. A creator spirit. Protecting the young. A healing using spirituality as well as herbs and medicines.

I will admit that there are a great many interpretations to the Biblical story of creation and I didn't really intend to fire up anyone about it.

I guess my basic question was:

If Pope Francis emphasized the family so much, why does he deny family to those who are supposed to be spiritual leaders of the church?

I had the bible memorized when I was 14 - it was expected by the church I attended at the time.

I sorta became an apostate and began to study other religions from all over the world. I found some commonality in almost all - a belief that there is a higher form of life than ourselves that somehow watches over and occasionally even interferes with us.

Some events appear in almost every history - a massive flood that covered the earth being just one of them.

If there is any one particular set of beliefs I find myself most drawn to, it is a wide range of beliefs and stories throughout the tribes of North America. A creator spirit. Protecting the young. A healing using spirituality as well as herbs and medicines.

I will admit that there are a great many interpretations to the Biblical story of creation and I didn't really intend to fire up anyone about it.

If Pope Francis emphasized the family so much, why does he deny family to those who are supposed to be spiritual leaders of the church?

To prevent nepotism.
The Church, for hundreds of years was the social power. They didn't want the clergy to be a monarchy... passing power to the first born or what have you. They wanted the clergy to be genuine servants of the community, the greater family.

To prevent nepotism.
The Church, for hundreds of years was the social power. They didn't want the clergy to be a monarchy... passing power to the first born or what have you. They wanted the clergy to be genuine servants of the community, the greater family.

And, as usual, biblical references were used to support a purely political situation.

For centuries, church prelates had placed their children in places of power. I can see the reasoning for it centuries ago. But, to continue the policy today? What good does that do?

I think allowing men and women of the cloth to be married and have families would almost immediately wipe out the current shortage church wide.

In short, Catholics look at it this way. We all have vocations. Some have a vocation to marry and have families. Some have a vocation to serve in religious life. Priests and nuns are in essence married to the Church.

Forum List

Back