Oumuamua, seriously what are the odds

Oumuamua, is the name given to a recent visitor to our solar system. It's in the classic cigar shaped UFO, was totally solid, orbited on an axis ever 7 hours, and slingshotted itself around the Sun and headed back out of the Solar system. Supposedly it's just an "asteroid" that came from out side of the solar system, yet, as if by magic, put itself on an orbit to slingshot around the Sun.

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.

It comes through every year, so what?

Oumuamua, is the name given to a recent visitor to our solar system. It's in the classic cigar shaped UFO, was totally solid, orbited on an axis ever 7 hours, and slingshotted itself around the Sun and headed back out of the Solar system. Supposedly it's just an "asteroid" that came from out side of the solar system, yet, as if by magic, put itself on an orbit to slingshot around the Sun.

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.

spaceship.jpg

Oh that? It comes through every year probably. So what?

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.

spaceship.jpg

I'm sure that film only appeared once.

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.

spaceship.jpg

I'm sure that film only appeared once.

They wouldn't let you think otherwise, of course :mad:

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.

what comes through every year?

It's shape is interesting, because it tells a story. It is likely a fragment from a collision, ejected at low speed from the initial collision. Given that, it is then possibly a remnant of a "dead" solar System, in which the star "died" and this remnant left its orbit.. We've never found such an oddly shaped object in our Solar System. But we're looking.

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.
So why did you start the thread ??

Is it on a collision course with the Earth ??

If not then it is not relevant.

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.

It's not irrelevant that a cigar shaped craft just slingshotted its way through our Solar System

Yeah, random.

Nothing to see here.

It's not irrelevant that a cigar shaped craft just slingshotted its way through our Solar System

It's also not special or even rare. What IS special is that we managed to detect it.

We’ll see who’s laughing when it enters orbit around the earth

Oh my, the suspense is killing me...
Your skin boiling off in a barrage of laser fire raining down from the sky is going to be what’s killing you if we ignore this

I remain unmoved.
Same as the denizens of Alderaan before their planet was blown to smithereens.

Funny you said that, because honestly the damn thing looks like a derelict Mon Cal Star Cruiser.

Astronomers scan 'alien' comet 'Oumuamua for ET signals | Daily Mail Online

"Astronomers have begun scanning an 'alien' comet for signs of extraterrestrial technology. Researchers say they are looking for radio signals, claiming the mysterious visitor could be an alien spaceship"

Cigar shaped object uses the Sun to slingshot through our solar system.

I wonder if we can point the array that picking up the signals from Voyager at this?

"Astronomers have begun scanning an 'alien' comet for signs of extraterrestrial technology. Researchers say they are looking for radio signals, claiming the mysterious visitor could be an alien spaceship"

I wonder if we can point the array that picking up the signals from Voyager at this?

So, not actually "astronomers, but rather "alien hunting scientists" who have actually never published a single scientific paper in astronomy or in any other field.

Dang you are gulible.

And the Earth is closer to this object than is either Voyager craft

So, not actually "astronomers, but rather "alien hunting scientists" who have actually never published a single scientific paper in astronomy or in any other field.

Dang you are gulible.

You know, if this thing had acted like anything other than just an asteroid, I'm pretty sure that the scientists would have pointed an antenna at it to see if there were any signals coming from it.

Yeah, you're right, anyone that thinks this is alien life coming to visit is nuts.

But, I think that when they were talking about Voyager, I think they were saying to point the antenna that we use to communicate with it from Earth at the object.

Dang you are gulible.

You know, if this thing had acted like anything other than just an asteroid, I'm pretty sure that the scientists would have pointed an antenna at it to see if there were any signals coming from it.

Yeah, you're right, anyone that thinks this is alien life coming to visit is nuts.

But, I think that when they were talking about Voyager, I think they were saying to point the antenna that we use to communicate with it from Earth at the object.

There was literally nothing about it to indicate that it was a "normal" asteroid. I'll bet NASA has in fact trained the Goldstone Deep Space Array toward Oumuamua

Voyager - Two Voyagers Taught Us How to Listen to Space

Dang you are gulible.

But why? Voyager 1's trasmitter has the power 22 watts....like a tiny lightbulb.

Dang you are gulible.

But why? Voyager 1's trasmitter has the power 22 watts....like a tiny lightbulb.

They were talking about the transmitter HERE ON EARTH that communicates with Voyager. Not the transmitter on Voyager itself.

Dang you are gulible.

They were talking about the transmitter HERE ON EARTH that communicates with Voyager. Not the transmitter on Voyager itself.

I see, said the blind man.

Forum List

Back