Oumuamua, seriously what are the odds

It sped up, then later it changed direction. It's not a natural object at all.
You keep saying that. Sped up... when? Changed direction ... how? Saying it did these things is true, because that's what it did, when it slingshot around the sun: It changed direction and sped up. What you are saying isn't remarkable or unexpected..
I'm not doing any work for you. Its readily available on line.
Where? I can't find it.

Right! And it could, in theory, unfold itself into a bright and beautiful unicorn populated by elves with candy. Or it could be a rock.

What you don't believe Harvard scientist now, and the paper will be published November 12th

What are you affraid of, the science is not settled???

It sped up, then later it changed direction. It's not a natural object at all.
You keep saying that. Sped up... when? Changed direction ... how? Saying it did these things is true, because that's what it did, when it slingshot around the sun: It changed direction and sped up. What you are saying isn't remarkable or unexpected..

You sure have a closed mind...

Just research it...

Wait a second, was that weird interstellar object an alien spacecraft after all?

In a new paper, scientists from the Harvard Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics break down the case for the cigar-shaped object being of extraterrestrial origin. More to the point, they focus on the object’s strange speed changes as it passed through and exited our system. Oumuamua sped up as it left, which is obviously very odd behavior for a rock, which led some scientists to assume it was a comet, spewing out gas and material as it cruised back out into interstellar space.

Right! And it could, in theory, unfold itself into a bright and beautiful unicorn populated by elves with candy. Or it could be a rock.
The sun's gravity is not strong enough to pull in an interstellar visitor - it was headed our way

Once again

comet20171025-16.gif

What you don't believe Harvard scientist now, and the paper will be published November 12th
I have no problem with it, publish it. They are arguing that something is possible, and that's fine. I remain rightfully skeptical.

The sun's gravity is not strong enough to pull in an interstellar visitor - it was headed our way

Once again

View attachment 227032
Once again.... what? What are you trying to show me, or to say? Is there something in that path that you would like to point out?

I have no problem with it, publish it. They are arguing that something is possible, and that's fine. I remain rightfully skeptical.

Then why are you not skeptical about man made climate change , evolution?

We know life is out there and in 2018 we have not found it yet ..

Once again

View attachment 227032
Once again.... what? What are you trying to show me, or to say? Is there something in that path that you would like to point out?

You must be young and never played lunar lander the coin arcade version.

118124212765.png

I am. Everyone is, even those who take it as fact. The overwhelming preponderance of the evidence confirms it. I have no choice but to accept evolution, if my choice is based on the evidence. That is skepticism.

Same for climate change. We are adding fixed carbon from the ground to our carbon cycle. This is warming our climate and acidifying the oceans. These are facts, as much as we know any fact. The true skeptic has been won over already to these ideas.

I am. Everyone is, even those who take it as fact. The overwhelming preponderance of the evidence confirms it. I have no choice but to accept evolution, if my choice is based on the evidence. That is skepticism.

Same for climate change. We are adding fixed carbon from the ground to our carbon cycle. This is warming our climate and acidifying the oceans. These are facts, as much as we know any fact. The true skeptic has been won over already to these ideas.

Dude, smoke a joint, smoke some crack put on some Janis Joplin music..or some rap stuff ( I don't care what ever gets you thinking)

Think ...

Think hard...

Dude, smoke a joint, smoke some crack put on some Janis Joplin music..or some rap stuff ( I don't care what ever gets you thinking)

Think ...

Think hard...
I did.

Now, explain whatever point it is you are trying to make. Why can't either of you do this simple task?

Weird interstellar visitor sling shots around the Sun, exiting along the ecliptic, speeds up and then later changes direction.

Feels a little like the Incas in "Apocolypto" greeting the newly arrived Spaniards on the shore.

speeds up and then later changes direction.
Speed up...how? When? Changes direction...how? When? Any objects that slingshot about the sun speed up and change direction. You have not explained your nonsense at all, despite posting several times. In fact, i wager that you couldn't explain it if your life depended on it.

I think we can now declare your horseshit,"dead in the water".

Speed up...how? When? Changes direction...how? When? Any objects that slingshot about the sun speed up and change direction. You have not explained your nonsense at all, despite posting several times. In fact, i wager that you couldn't explain it if your life depended on it.

You're either unwilling or incapable of learning.

Learning...what? You can't even explain yourself or make your point.

Made it many, many times since I started this thread.

Made it many, many times since I started this thread.
You have not made it once, nor could you make it now,if your life depended on it. This little display by you has taught us this.

Francis is flailing badly. Can anyone else explain to me what was odd about the object's trajectory?

Forum List

Back