Other party debates

MoreChoice

Rookie
Aug 30, 2008
(Media Outlet Here) should be a place where more than two ideas can be expressed. The United States is a much more complicated place than what our two party system allows, we need greater choice in this country but we will never get it without media support. All networks that support freedom of choice should be willing to offer a chance to get to know more about the platforms of our other parties. Many of these parties are more representative of views of the populace in this country holds than the main two parties. While it may be true that these other parties would do well to work their way up from the local level to the national level this is the best way for them to get information about their parties to the public.

I hereby challenge you to promote and televise a debate between the four parties that have the most widespread support throughout the country after the Republicans and Democrats; the Libertarian Party, the Green Party, the Constitution Party, and the Natural Law Party. I like many Americans want to see a debate between Ralph Nader, Bob Barr, Cynthia McKinney, and Chuck Baldwin. We would like to see Obama and McCain challenged by the views of these candidates but as that is not likely to happen, the least we could ask for is for them to be able to express their views in a debate that will be viewed by the most politically active in this country. By letting this debate get out to a larger audience while the two most likely candidates to win the presidency will not participate they will still have to react to its being held.

Years ago there may have been good reasons not to show a debate like this, chief among them the time that the networks had to give to political coverage. But lets face it this excuse no longer applies many of the networks have 24 hour cable channels that sometimes struggle to fill their time. It should not be a problem to find time in your schedule to show an actual debate between these candidates. In the interest of a more informed public I ask you to show this debate for the good of this nation.

Send this message to the major media outlets including CNN, MSNBC, and FOX news. Nothing will change if we don't make it.

(Media Outlet Here) should be a place where more than two ideas can be expressed. The United States is a much more complicated place than what our two party system allows, we need greater choice in this country but we will never get it without media support. All networks that support freedom of choice should be willing to offer a chance to get to know more about the platforms of our other parties. Many of these parties are more representative of views of the populace in this country holds than the main two parties. While it may be true that these other parties would do well to work their way up from the local level to the national level this is the best way for them to get information about their parties to the public.

I hereby challenge you to promote and televise a debate between the four parties that have the most widespread support throughout the country after the Republicans and Democrats; the Libertarian Party, the Green Party, the Constitution Party, and the Natural Law Party. I like many Americans want to see a debate between Ralph Nader, Bob Barr, Cynthia McKinney, and Chuck Baldwin. We would like to see Obama and McCain challenged by the views of these candidates but as that is not likely to happen, the least we could ask for is for them to be able to express their views in a debate that will be viewed by the most politically active in this country. By letting this debate get out to a larger audience while the two most likely candidates to win the presidency will not participate they will still have to react to its being held.

Years ago there may have been good reasons not to show a debate like this, chief among them the time that the networks had to give to political coverage. But lets face it this excuse no longer applies many of the networks have 24 hour cable channels that sometimes struggle to fill their time. It should not be a problem to find time in your schedule to show an actual debate between these candidates. In the interest of a more informed public I ask you to show this debate for the good of this nation.

Send this message to the major media outlets including CNN, MSNBC, and FOX news. Nothing will change if we don't make it.

What makes you think that a grassroots movement can alter media ?

I am in no way saying that it will, but you can either try or not try. It just shows that we are doomed as a country if the most committed among us are too apathetic and jaded to make an attempt.

Big Media will only respond if they get a wave of messages from the public because that will show interest and interest is marketable. If every person in this country that claims they would support a third party if they had a chance were to write a message would do this it would make a difference, if one or two do then it won't. both democracy and capitalism are about the numbers if you have them you'll get what you want, if you don't the powers that be won't care.

I am in no way saying that it will, but you can either try or not try. It just shows that we are doomed as a country if the most committed among us are too apathetic and jaded to make an attempt.

Big Media will only respond if they get a wave of messages from the public because that will show interest and interest is marketable. If every person in this country that claims they would support a third party if they had a chance were to write a message would do this it would make a difference, if one or two do then it won't. both democracy and capitalism are about the numbers if you have them you'll get what you want, if you don't the powers that be won't care.

Media doesn't NEED nor WANT input. It will tell you what and how to think.
The numbers game is against you as people are more intersted in being entertained than hearing the truth anyway.
I have higher hopes for armed insurrection than I do an e-mail campaign.

Media doesn't NEED nor WANT input. It will tell you what and how to think.
The numbers game is against you as people are more intersted in being entertained than hearing the truth anyway.
I have higher hopes for armed insurrection than I do an e-mail campaign.

Don't forget... with the exception of PBS, widely recognized media are in business for a profit. In addition to that, the men and women who run the media outlets are employees of the corporations that own them.

While those corporations want their subsidiaries to make money on their own, they will also not hesitate using those assets to help the mother corporation make more money in other ways.

Do you really think the check books behind those corporations won't use every influence they have over their employees to try and keep the gravy train they spent the last 50+ years building in D.C. flowing in the direction it is now?

Wake up people!

CHANGE is required! REAL change that will castrate professional lobbying.

-Joe

Last edited:

Forum List

Back