Other evil presidents that have used executive privilege

tererun

Rookie
May 19, 2012
carolinas
That Obama guy pulled a cheat o n his republican haters. They whined that his use of executive privilege is something only Obama has used to cover questionable policies and actions under the protection given to the executive branch to do secretive things for the benefit of the US. Of course we all know that the republicons will never admit that their patriotic leaders every used a tactic as problematic as executive privelege to cover up their illegal activities, but until texas can rewrite the history boos after Romney eliminates the department of education to save us all from things lie knowledge and intelligence we can see some past examples and where Obama learned this little trick from.

[192954171.html"]http://news.yahoo.com/top-uses-executive-privilege-washington-nixon-obama-192954171.html[/URL]

So we have people like Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and Bush Jr. to than for this rather well used presidential power that dates back to george washington.

So it would be nice if all the republicans who were silent when their heroes did this would shut the fuck up.

Do you have a link where anyone said it's never been used before?

And would you kindly do some side by side comparisons.

cuz obama swooped in after a year to save Holders ass, not the countries.

A family deserves justice, not party politics.

That Obama guy pulled a cheat o n his republican haters. They whined that his use of executive privilege is something only Obama has used to cover questionable policies and actions under the protection given to the executive branch to do secretive things for the benefit of the US. Of course we all know that the republicons will never admit that their patriotic leaders every used a tactic as problematic as executive privelege to cover up their illegal activities, but until texas can rewrite the history boos after Romney eliminates the department of education to save us all from things lie knowledge and intelligence we can see some past examples and where Obama learned this little trick from.

[192954171.html"]http://news.yahoo.com/top-uses-executive-privilege-washington-nixon-obama-192954171.html[/URL]

So we have people like Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan, and Bush Jr. to than for this rather well used presidential power that dates back to george washington.

So it would be nice if all the republicans who were silent when their heroes did this would shut the fuck up.

So Obama is evil according to you?

• Banned

Oh so you mean declaring it in defense of imaginary evidence that caused an invasion of sovereign nations and the killings of thousands of innocent foreigners by US military is somehow worse than the selling of arms to problem people like reagan did with the contras? Seriously, do you really want us putting up a real comparison to the underhanded illegal things done by the nixon, reagan, and both bush admins in comparison to Obama?

Can you shut the fuck up now.

SOOOOO.... Obama can usurp the Congress by using an executive Order to pass the "Dream Act" in order to pander to hispanics in this election year, and now use Executive Privilege in order to save the AG Holder from a contempt charge and cover up any silly little papers that might connect him to Fast and Furious directly....and this isn't evil?

Isn't Obama supposed to be in charge of the most transparent administration in history? Usually transparent leaders don't hide documents suppeoned by the Congress or legislative bodies. But you are right, there are OTHER Evil Presidents like Nixon who tried to cover up there crimes,... so when does Obama, or even Holder resign?

• Banned

Just as evil as your standard president, but not quite as evil as the Bush family and some congressional families.

Oh so you mean declaring it in defense of imaginary evidence that caused an invasion of sovereign nations and the killings of thousands of innocent foreigners by US military is somehow worse than the selling of arms to problem people like reagan did with the contras? Seriously, do you really want us putting up a real comparison to the underhanded illegal things done by the nixon, reagan, and both bush admins in comparison to Obama?

obama played nice for a year. In other words, he knew a crime was committed but played dumb hoping Holder could get himself out of it.

and congress gave Bush the go ahead to attack Iraq

oh wait

never mind

This is one of those: They did it so we can Two, things.

:lol:

As I recall, libs still bring up Reagan and you ass rings still want Bush in court.

so tell you what

You shut the fuck up first, then ask the rest of us to follow suit.

• Banned
SOOOOO.... Obama can usurp the Congress by using an executive Order to pass the "Dream Act" in order to pander to hispanics in this election year, and now use Executive Privilege in order to save the AG Holder from a contempt charge and cover up any silly little papers that might connect him to Fast and Furious directly....and this isn't evil?

I did not say so, but presidents have always chosen when and where to put the focus of law enforcement, and that is all Obama is doing. There is an overwhelming disparity on how laws are enforced in america against blacks, and that would certainly be the product of the racist republican reds doing the exact same thing Obama is doing in selective enforcement. Selective enforcement is also a necessity when you continue to cut the funding of enforcement agencies like Romney is planning on doing. When Romney gets into office he says he will cut law enforcement. Since there is an admitted gap between crimes committed and what they have the resources to fight Romney will have to do the exact same sort of thing because it is impossible for him to enforce all the rules on no budget so please do not say Romney will be different. Or as I like to put it STFU.
Isn't Obama supposed to be in charge of the most transparent administration in history? Usually transparent leaders don't hide documents suppeoned by the Congress or legislative bodies. But you are right, there are OTHER Evil Presidents like Nixon who tried to cover up there crimes,... so when does Obama, or even Holder resign?

That was one of his claims, but if you want a transparent candidate you certainly are not going to vote for a person like Romney who has never claimed to want to be transparent, and has actively hidden his own financial records., Obama is far more transparent than his competition, but you are correct that is not saying much.

Just as evil as your standard president, but not quite as evil as the Bush family and some congressional families.

You're really pretty stupid I guess.

obama played nice for a year. In other words, he knew a crime was committed but played dumb hoping Holder could get himself out of it.

I am saying Obama is one o the crowd and complaining about him doing it while neglecting to say that Romney will do the exact same thing is akin to lying. Romney is going to do it just as much, if not worse than Obama has, so if you are going to try and pitch any republican candidate under the umbrella of transparency or being different from Obama be sure that they are going to be.

I am saying Obama is one o the crowd and complaining about him doing it while neglecting to say that Romney will do the exact same thing is akin to lying. Romney is going to do it just as much, if not worse than Obama has, so if you are going to try and pitch any republican candidate under the umbrella of transparency or being different from Obama be sure that they are going to be.

Assumptions

damn

Art nailed you.

You're assuming Mitt will use it to cover up a crime. damn, that's some good hackery.

oh wait

never mind

As I recall, libs still bring up Reagan and you ass rings still want Bush in court.

so tell you what

It is not a matter of one did it so can the other, but rather of portraying Romney and republicans in general of being innocent of doing such things that is not so. If this is a negative in the dems column it is also a big negative in the republican column also. I don't forgive either side for it, but I am not ofered a choice that doesn't do it.

I would also lie to note that in this instance the problems of lettin a few guns be sold are far less problematic than what happened because of Bush's lies which caused 2 invasions. It is also far less than the arms sold to actual military forces by reagan under the Iran Contra affair. Seriously, reagan was caught selling far worse than guns to those crazy nuts when he did it.

Assumptions

damn

Art nailed you.

You're assuming Mitt will use it to cover up a crime. damn, that's some good hackery.

Actually, if annything I have shown that all presidents use it or the purposes of "national security" and when you laud GWB for being a strong military leader for doing the same thing you should not be poking at Obama for doing exactly what they would have done. The president will always do these things given the status of the world, it is just a matter of to what extent he will do it. It is the nature o the position and partially why your attempts to smear obama with it are way off base unless you want to smear everyone with it, and bring about true transparency which will handicap a lot of our government's operations

oh wait

never mind

so tell you what

It is not a matter of one did it so can the other, but rather of portraying Romney and republicans in general of being innocent of doing such things that is not so. If this is a negative in the dems column it is also a big negative in the republican column also. I don't forgive either side for it, but I am not ofered a choice that doesn't do it.

I would also lie to note that in this instance the problems of lettin a few guns be sold are far less problematic than what happened because of Bush's lies which caused 2 invasions. It is also far less than the arms sold to actual military forces by reagan under the Iran Contra affair. Seriously, reagan was caught selling far worse than guns to those crazy nuts when he did it.

The evils of Reagan got Americans brought home. so yeah, there's no comparison.

The evils of Bush got us involved in ONE conflict. Please stop lying.

And who is portraying the gop as innocent of doing this? no one that I know of. got a link?

oh wait

never mind

so tell you what

And who is portraying the gop as innocent of doing this? no one that I know of. got a link?

When you bring it up as something wrong only when attacking obama then you are doing that. Oh, and how many deaths were because of the money and aid given to Osama under Reagan to train him to attack the commies? You do forget we made osama, a problem that Obama settled

When you bring it up as something wrong only when attacking obama then you are doing that. Oh, and how many deaths were because of the money and aid given to Osama under Reagan to train him to attack the commies? You do forget we made osama, a problem that Obama settled

jeezus fukkin krist

I will repeat this once more for the learning impaired.

Reagan was made out to be a bad guy b/c of it
Bush was also

So your constantly repeating that someone is saying only obama was wrong to do it

is a fucking lie

Forum List

Back