Originalist constitutional scholars oppose Trump based on who he might choose for SCOTUS

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
This prestigious group of constitutional scholars who believe in originalist content (think Scalia) think Trump would be a disaster. The consider indifferent or hostile to the values of the document, that he would threaten and not protect it. The scholars do not think he would nominate, despite his list, candidates for ratification that share their constitutional principles. They consider him a threat to our constitutional way of life.

Originalists Against Trump

We, the undersigned lawyers and scholars, are committed to the original meaning of the Constitution of the United States. We write to oppose the election of Donald Trump.

Did they say anything about Hillary? She flat out said in the debate she was going to appoint political hacks..

constitution-burning.jpg

200 year old paper always burns the fastest and with the most heat. The constitution would make some nice burning material for my firepit.

• Banned
This prestigious group of constitutional scholars who believe in originalist content (think Scalia) think Trump would be a disaster. The consider indifferent or hostile to the values of the document, that he would threaten and not protect it. The scholars do not think he would nominate, despite his list, candidates for ratification that share their constitutional principles. They consider him a threat to our constitutional way of life.

We, the undersigned lawyers and scholars, are committed to the original meaning of the Constitution of the United States. We write to oppose the election of Donald Trump.

I am an originalist. There is no way in hell any originalist would favor Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.

I am an originalist. There is no way in hell any originalist would favor Hillary Clinton and the Democrats.
I read what you wrote, but it is not relevant. The scholars and jurists did not favor Hillary over Trump.

They said Trump is not qualified to be president based on whom he may nominate for SCOTUS.

Forum List

Back