Oregon said Obama stay away..so guess who's coming to Roseburg?

You'll believe anything... See.... the city opens up its doors.... Like it ever had a choice

Dude, take off your Obama blinders already and seek help for your infliction

-Geaux

I'm believing the words of the elected officials of the city. You believed the words of a nutjob with a blog and an unread newspaper. Did you look at the "Roseburg Beacon" Facebook page?

Astonishingly, they had ZERO COMMENTS between March of this year and this week. ZERO. That means that they are not representative of anyone but the douchebag who operates the "newspaper".

You lose again.

Newspapers stay in business by selling advertising. They have to prove how many readers they have to justify what they charge for ads.

If nobody is reading their paper, then they can't sell advertising and forced to close their doors. Obviously they have enough readers to keep their business afloat.

not quite sure what that has to do with her point.

Point is that it's not some right-wing rag newspaper that nobody reads. People are reading it otherwise they would be out of business.
I'm believing the words of the elected officials of the city. You believed the words of a nutjob with a blog and an unread newspaper. Did you look at the "Roseburg Beacon" Facebook page?

Astonishingly, they had ZERO COMMENTS between March of this year and this week. ZERO. That means that they are not representative of anyone but the douchebag who operates the "newspaper".

You lose again.

Newspapers stay in business by selling advertising. They have to prove how many readers they have to justify what they charge for ads.

If nobody is reading their paper, then they can't sell advertising and forced to close their doors. Obviously they have enough readers to keep their business afloat.

Point is that it's not some right-wing rag newspaper that nobody reads. People are reading it otherwise they would be out of business.

because she pointed out that the paper is unread?

ok... maybe it has two readers. maybe there are 100 who are rightwingnut loons and read it.

but your point is neither here nor there and pretty much deflects from the point.

The community of Roseburg is resoundingly anti-Obama and anti-Progressive.
But it is not a dense population area. Oregon has no dense populations away from the valley.

How hard is this to understand?

Bullshit. Watch the crowds who gather to spend a few moments with the POTUS. You will feel stupid. And....you suggested that there might be trouble of some kind. How stupid.

Great! Ignorance is now a viable defense for aiding and abetting a criminal. Just say you didn't know the guy was a criminal and no one can mess with you.

No intent to aid or abet a criminal is always a viable defense. But that's only because not intending to aid a criminal to break the law, is not intentionally aiding a criminal.

But hey... in your defense, as a Relativist; thus an individual of substandard intelligence, capable only of subjective reasoning, typical of lower species... there is NO WAY you could have known that.
Unlike you I understand the meanings of words you have used. Viable translates into maybe or maybe not. Intent is not a word that can be answered objectively but rather comes with a subjective interpretation. These two factors discredit your assessment and conclusions and place the seller of a firearm as having committed a crime by selling a firearm to a criminal a matter for judicial review, i.e., a judge and jury.
WRONG AGAIN!
Viable: capable of working successfully; feasible.

Great! Ignorance is now a viable defense for aiding and abetting a criminal. Just say you didn't know the guy was a criminal and no one can mess with you.

No intent to aid or abet a criminal is always a viable defense. But that's only because not intending to aid a criminal to break the law, is not intentionally aiding a criminal.

But hey... in your defense, as a Relativist; thus an individual of substandard intelligence, capable only of subjective reasoning, typical of lower species... there is NO WAY you could have known that.
Unlike you I understand the meanings of words you have used. Viable translates into maybe or maybe not. Intent is not a word that can be answered objectively but rather comes with a subjective interpretation. These two factors discredit your assessment and conclusions and place the seller of a firearm as having committed a crime by selling a firearm to a criminal a matter for judicial review, i.e., a judge and jury.
WRONG AGAIN!
Viable: capable of working successfully; feasible.
synonyms: feasible, workable, practicable, practical, usable, possible, realistic, achievable, attainable, realizable; informal doable

antonym: Liberal, Progressive, Democrat

ok... maybe it has two readers. maybe there are 100 who are rightwingnut loons and read it.

but your point is neither here nor there and pretty much deflects from the point.

She? Her? Damn............

quiet, loony toon.

I may be a looney tune.....but I'm a looney tune with a penis. The word is he.

lol.. sorry. I am reading and answering too quickly.

you're not a loony toon.

and I knowyou're a guy.

forgive me. :(
Translation...I'm blathering without bothering to read what's written, per usual.

It's a disgrace that people are politicising the death of those kids to grandstand against the President.
They should be ashamed.

Right. The Democrats never politicize deaths. WTF do you think these people don't what DumBama there? Because in every other mass shooting, he used those deaths to promote his political agenda.

Did you just start following politics this week or have you had your head buried in the sand the last seven years? History has a way of repeating itself, and remember, DumBama's first address to the country on this situation was promoting his anti-gun propaganda.
His political agenda is to try to reduce the number mass shootings.
Isn't that an outrage?!

Yes it is because disarming America has nothing to do with mass shootings or anything else. It has to do with more government control and involvement. We all know there are no regulations that can stop somebody from getting a gun that wants one. There are simply too many of them and they are too easy to get. We see this in states that have the toughest gun laws in the country.

Whether you go overseas or look here in America during the Brady Bill years, statistics show there are no improvements in trying to get rid of guns. Now in Great Britain, there is a movement to make knives and swords illegal. The criminals that can't easily find guns are choosing a different tool of death.
So, your arguments are;
1; No law will stop all criminals from being criminals so there's no point in having a law.
2; It's really hard so there's no point in trying.

It's a disgrace that people are politicising the death of those kids to grandstand against the President.
They should be ashamed.

Right. The Democrats never politicize deaths. WTF do you think these people don't what DumBama there? Because in every other mass shooting, he used those deaths to promote his political agenda.

Did you just start following politics this week or have you had your head buried in the sand the last seven years? History has a way of repeating itself, and remember, DumBama's first address to the country on this situation was promoting his anti-gun propaganda.
Isn't that an outrage?!
His political agenda is to increase the number of mass shootings. Just with his chosen doing the shooting.

Think of how lowered obama feels now. He shot off his mouth before he knew it was a black guy killing Christians. Now he's stuck with it.

========

The shooter was an ultra right wing government hater gun nut.

They should be ashamed.

Isn't that an outrage?!
His political agenda is to increase the number of mass shootings. Just with his chosen doing the shooting.

Think of how lowered obama feels now. He shot off his mouth before he knew it was a black guy killing Christians. Now he's stuck with it.

========

No, he was a mentally ill anti-Christian nut.

If a person shouldn't be able to buy a gun legally, from the seller's POV, then the person shouldn't be able to buy the gun legally anywhere.

ROFLMNAO!

If a person is unable to legally buy a gun, Gilligan, that doesn't change because they purchased the gun from a private seller.

THE PERSON BUYING THE GUN KNOWS IF THEY'RE LEGALLY ABLE TO POSSESS A FIREARM. The transaction is a crime, for which the ILLEGAL BUYER IS WHOLLY RESPONSIBLE.

If the seller is not required to do a background check to determine the buyer's eligibility,

then the seller cannot be held legally liable for selling a gun to a criminal or someone otherwise not qualified to buy the gun.

That is what is wrong with the background check loophole -

a felon cannot go into a Walmart and buy a shotgun, because Walmart would violate the law if they didn't run a background check,

but the same same felon can buy the same shotgun from an individual in the Walmart parking lot, because the individual is not required to run the same background check.

They should be ashamed.

Isn't that an outrage?!

========

Mentally ill and rightwing are not mutually exclusive. You are the best proof of that.

Isn't that an outrage?!

========

Mentally ill and rightwing are not mutually exclusive. You are the best proof of that.

Would-be killers target gun-free zones

Isn't that an outrage?!

========

Once you allow open/concealed carry, the shooter can't even be legally confronted. He could have walked onto campus with a gun in each hand,

and had the law on his side.

If a person shouldn't be able to buy a gun legally, from the seller's POV, then the person shouldn't be able to buy the gun legally anywhere.

ROFLMNAO!

If a person is unable to legally buy a gun, Gilligan, that doesn't change because they purchased the gun from a private seller.

THE PERSON BUYING THE GUN KNOWS IF THEY'RE LEGALLY ABLE TO POSSESS A FIREARM. The transaction is a crime, for which the ILLEGAL BUYER IS WHOLLY RESPONSIBLE.

If the seller is not required to do a background check to determine the buyer's eligibility,

then the seller cannot be held legally liable for selling a gun to a criminal or someone otherwise not qualified to buy the gun.

That is what is wrong with the background check loophole - .

Except, it's not a loophole, dumbass.

You just need the illicit use of the word 'loophole' as you are trying to appeal to populism. "Loophole" implies something legal, but nefarious; an abuse of the system.

The system is fine... it works perfectly. Except where the Left has already screwed it up.

The problem that the Left has is that those who abuse their right to own and use a firearm are Leftists... and sooner or later that will finally occur to the culture and the culture will then go to work solving that problem.

So, I can see that you're in a bind... I just can't do anything to help ya with it.

I don't get my rights from you, and I don't seek your permission to exercise my rights.

If you go off with your gun around me or people like me... that will be your last day. That you want to make ME out to be the bad guy in all of that, is your problem... and it's not going to change how I behave.

I take my rights and right sustaining responsibilities very seriously. So go do what you're going to do and when you get to be intolerable, we'll work it out, together.

ADDRESS THE OP Boys and Girls. And English is the language of USMB. Using a foreign language to troll ain't going to cut it.

You'll believe anything... See.... the city opens up its doors.... Like it ever had a choice

Dude, take off your Obama blinders already and seek help for your infliction

-Geaux

You lose again.

You lose again.

The community of Roseburg is resoundingly anti-Obama and anti-Progressive.
But it is not a dense population area. Oregon has no dense populations away from the valley.

How hard is this to understand?

for Obama cult member's that would be the end of the world as they know it.

Isn't that an outrage?!

========

Notice that this shooting happened on a college that wanted a gun free zone but was prevented by the state laws.
They were forced to allow guns onto the college grounds against their wishes.

========

Notice that this shooting happened on a college that wanted a gun free zone but was prevented by the state laws.
No they weren't, you fucking idiot. They had a school wide no-guns policy. They were able to fire/expel any student or teacher who violated it...in spite of the LAW which says that people can CC. So while students could LEGALLY pack, if the school caught them, they'd be expelled.

"Oregon law does allow permitted concealed handguns on school property. The New York Times, Media Matters, and others have been quick to pounce on this fact. What has been ignored, however, is that public educators in Oregon have undermined the law by putting bans in faculty and student handbooks.
"There may be no criminal sanctions for violating the ban, but faculty face termination and students risk expulsion. Those are life-altering penalties. Faculty members undoubtedly won’t get another academic job if they committed a firearms violation. Expelled students are very unlikely to be admitted into another college.
"Although Umpqua can theoretically provide written exemptions for the bans, school president Rita Calvin wouldn’t even let the college’s security guards carry guns.
"Only people unaffiliated with the college can carry on campus. But even they are subject to a 2011 Oregon appeals court decision that allowed schools to ban guns in their buildings.
"What all these rules mean is that no potential victims — students, faculty, or those unaffiliated with the college — were able to defend themselves in the classroom where the attack occurred."

Read more at Would-be killers target gun-free zones

========

No they weren't, you fucking idiot. They had a school wide no-guns policy. They were able to fire/expel any student or teacher who violated it...in spite of the LAW which says that people can CC. So while students could LEGALLY pack, if the school caught them, they'd be expelled.

"Oregon law does allow permitted concealed handguns on school property. The New York Times, Media Matters, and others have been quick to pounce on this fact. What has been ignored, however, is that public educators in Oregon have undermined the law by putting bans in faculty and student handbooks.
"There may be no criminal sanctions for violating the ban, but faculty face termination and students risk expulsion. Those are life-altering penalties. Faculty members undoubtedly won’t get another academic job if they committed a firearms violation. Expelled students are very unlikely to be admitted into another college.
"Although Umpqua can theoretically provide written exemptions for the bans, school president Rita Calvin wouldn’t even let the college’s security guards carry guns.
"Only people unaffiliated with the college can carry on campus. But even they are subject to a 2011 Oregon appeals court decision that allowed schools to ban guns in their buildings.
"What all these rules mean is that no potential victims — students, faculty, or those unaffiliated with the college — were able to defend themselves in the classroom where the attack occurred."

Read more at Would-be killers target gun-free zones
Possession, use, or threatened use of firearms (including but not limited to BB guns, air guns, water pistols, and paint guns) ammunition, explosives, dangerous chemicals, or any other objects as weapons on college property, except as expressly authorized by law or college regulations, is prohibited.
Safety & Security Info - Umpqua Community College

I had to sift through hundreds of right wing echo chamber Google links to find this......buried by the morass of stupidity........but here is the factual information. Enjoy.

City of Roseburg releases statement welcoming President Obama | NRToday.com

Old news, maybe should learn how to use a search engine.

Old news? That's incredible. It just happened yesterday. You must be one of those special people.

Yesterday is old news try to stay present day.

Forum List

Back