Oregon divided

Not everyone requires huge administrative budgets like you have in the cities. People even had schools way back when in very sparsely populated areas of the country. Dang, I mean Idaho even has schools and a legislation, judges, roads and all that modern day type sh*t. Do you have any clue at all or are you always this simple minded?

Yes you do have those things....and you actually think you paid for them?

You think a road or major bridge in the middle of Moosefuck Oregon is paid for by the few hundred citizens who live there?
You think the power companies ran power lines in the middle of nowhere and they are paid for by the few citizens who use them?
You think a modern High School is paid for by the few hundred families that send their kids there?

No, the rest of the state subsidizes those things. These are the wealthy taxpayers who live and have businesses near cities that are picking up the slack. If local taxpayers in Moosefuck Oregon had to support themselves, they would still be using outhouses and one room school houses
I went to a one room schoolhouse, best part of education I had growing up. When we moved back to the city school area the teachers did not know what to do with me because I was years ahead of their other students. They would have me entertain myself with drawing paper because I would zip through the assignments. Outhouses, are you seriously that stupid. We country folk build our own sewage systems and they beat the heck outta your sewage facilities in the cities that dump their sh*t into the waterways. Electric, if you want it to cross through to the cities you have to put it through the country areas to get there. Again your too simple minded to think your way through it all. BTW, we can also generate our own electric too.
God, you are stupid. Yes, I went to a one room schoolhouse, Riverside, in Eastern Oregon. And, because of the teacher there, Mrs. Pruit, who put much of her own money into it, it was a fine education. But, a lessor teacher would have resulted in a lessor education. And when the county did not have electricity in from the outside, there was a paddle wheel generator up the river that supplied electricity only to the hospital. Most of the infrastructure in that area was paid for by Western Oregon or the Federal Government. Many of the highways there were forest service roads, paid for by the Federal government, before they were ceded to the county.

Yes, I know the area very well. Was raised mostly there. Remember the area when 26 was a gravel road. Still have relatives with ranches there. And spend much time exploring the back country there. Back country as areas where the roads are two ruts with 18" sage in between. The area cannot by itself support a decent infrastructure. And, were the money from the western counties cease to flow there, half the population would have to go where they could support their families on what they actually earn.
I'm stupid because your teacher paid herself, my, my, you are getting desperate aren't you?
No, dumb ass. You are stupid because you assume that everyone that went to a one teacher school recieved a good education. But then, you silly ass 'Conservatives' repeatedly show your inability to read with comprehension.
So are you saying your ignorance is due to your one room school house teacher or is that just a matter of your low IQ?

I love Idaho!!!
I do too. But I'm sad it doesn't have an ocean.
Yes but they have wonderful places with natural hot springs :beer:, some lovely lakes, rivers and you can do a lot with that natural hot water supply.
Oregon has all that. But libs destroyed it.
Really? Last time I was out into Eastern Oregon, all of that was still there. The John Day, the Malhuer, and the Deschutes had not gone anywhere. But try some more, I am sure you can exceed that statement for stupidity, Kosher.

Yes you do have those things....and you actually think you paid for them?

You think a road or major bridge in the middle of Moosefuck Oregon is paid for by the few hundred citizens who live there?
You think the power companies ran power lines in the middle of nowhere and they are paid for by the few citizens who use them?
You think a modern High School is paid for by the few hundred families that send their kids there?

No, the rest of the state subsidizes those things. These are the wealthy taxpayers who live and have businesses near cities that are picking up the slack. If local taxpayers in Moosefuck Oregon had to support themselves, they would still be using outhouses and one room school houses
I went to a one room schoolhouse, best part of education I had growing up. When we moved back to the city school area the teachers did not know what to do with me because I was years ahead of their other students. They would have me entertain myself with drawing paper because I would zip through the assignments. Outhouses, are you seriously that stupid. We country folk build our own sewage systems and they beat the heck outta your sewage facilities in the cities that dump their sh*t into the waterways. Electric, if you want it to cross through to the cities you have to put it through the country areas to get there. Again your too simple minded to think your way through it all. BTW, we can also generate our own electric too.
God, you are stupid. Yes, I went to a one room schoolhouse, Riverside, in Eastern Oregon. And, because of the teacher there, Mrs. Pruit, who put much of her own money into it, it was a fine education. But, a lessor teacher would have resulted in a lessor education. And when the county did not have electricity in from the outside, there was a paddle wheel generator up the river that supplied electricity only to the hospital. Most of the infrastructure in that area was paid for by Western Oregon or the Federal Government. Many of the highways there were forest service roads, paid for by the Federal government, before they were ceded to the county.

Yes, I know the area very well. Was raised mostly there. Remember the area when 26 was a gravel road. Still have relatives with ranches there. And spend much time exploring the back country there. Back country as areas where the roads are two ruts with 18" sage in between. The area cannot by itself support a decent infrastructure. And, were the money from the western counties cease to flow there, half the population would have to go where they could support their families on what they actually earn.
I'm stupid because your teacher paid herself, my, my, you are getting desperate aren't you?
No, dumb ass. You are stupid because you assume that everyone that went to a one teacher school recieved a good education. But then, you silly ass 'Conservatives' repeatedly show your inability to read with comprehension.
So are you saying your ignorance is due to your one room school house teacher or is that just a matter of your low IQ?
LOL I get my science from scientists, you get yours from obese junkies on the AM radio, and fake British Lords. I state the reality of the economics of Oregon, you state some dingleberry ideologues ideas, that have zero grounding in reality.

This looks great to me.
79146523-9c18-4a28-a215-4b5c445e2086-large16x9_Eastern_washington_oregon_idaho.bmp
And they can call it the state of Stupid. LOL Both Eastern Oregon and Eastern Washington are funded by the western parts of the state. Idaho has no such money to invest in that area.

Why don't they give Idaho the option of whether they would rather merge with western Washington/Oregon or the eastern parts of those states?

This is the usual spew from liberals. Always believing they are superior to those living in rural areas.

I said nothing about superiority......just pointing out the realities of where the money is
Western Oregon is your Sugar Daddy

LOL I get my science from scientists, you get yours from obese junkies on the AM radio, and fake British Lords. I state the reality of the economics of Oregon, you state some dingleberry ideologues ideas, that have zero grounding in reality.
Amazing you believe you must think you are physic too. I don't listen to the radio very often and I actually get my information from credible science publications, knowledge and history. Too bad you had such a f'd up learning experience according to your own words it really messed you up.

This looks great to me.
79146523-9c18-4a28-a215-4b5c445e2086-large16x9_Eastern_washington_oregon_idaho.bmp

Look at that map

Who has a bigger tax base, the little sliver on the left or that huge yellow area?
Taxes are a curse and it sounds like those country folk are wanting to let the city folk drown in their "bigger tax base".

What is the average income of those country folk?
Do they understand what the tax base is in a sparsely populated county with no real industry or sources of income?

Now, if you go off by yourself, who pays for schools, roads, hospitals, electrification?
It won't be those city folk

We pay for our schools, roads, hospitals and *electrification* lol.
Just like we USED to do before the fucking commie pigs forced us out of our jobs, seized our ranches, locked down our water sources, shut our mills, and made it illegal to fucking develop our own land or make a living off it.

We'll be fine. You need to get the fuck away from us. Our PROBLEM is you guys. You leave, and all our problems will disappear. Get out of our schools, off our public lands, and away from our property.
And you are one fucked up liar, bitch. No, you did not pay for you roads, schools, hospitals, or electrification. Your water resources are not 'locked' down, they are under western water right laws. And will stay that way.

And people like you do not represent the people in Eastern Oregon. Most welcome the tourists and outsiders, as that is a major source of income for the counties.

Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Smith says to look at where the power lies.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

Lawmaker to pitch idea to join eastern parts of Oregon, Washington with Idaho

/--- gee big cities dominating sparsely populated farm land. Sound like what the Electoral College was designed to prevent.

Yup.
Also what the constitution sought to prevent when it made it ILLEGAL for the feds to seize and control public and private lands and resources
You have not the faintest idea what you are talking about. Show us where that is in the Constitution.

I love Idaho!!!
I do too. But I'm sad it doesn't have an ocean.
Yes but they have wonderful places with natural hot springs :beer:, some lovely lakes, rivers and you can do a lot with that natural hot water supply.
Oregon has all that. But libs destroyed it.

You know, to be perfectly honest, even if Oregon was a deep red state, I still would want to get the fuck out of here.
The constant gray and wet just drives me nuts.

Did you see as of late April it had rained 167 straight days in Astoria?

I'm retiring to Australia, and it can't get here soon enough.
LOL Your ignorance of Oregon is enormous. Here is Portland, it is not uncommon to get six weeks of straight sunshine in the summer. And Eastern Oregon gets about 300 days of sunshine a year, although some of that is at freezing temperatures. Oregon has just about every climate, other than tropical.

You don't think farmers and ranchers pay property tax? Or sales tax? Or state tax? Or business tax? Or gas tax?
You think that the amount they pay would even pay the upkeep on the existing infrastructure? Let alone build more. There are just not that many people there, and most there have very low incomes compared to west side.

I'd be real careful with the words "subsidized" and and "provided" when talking about a government that /routinely/ inflicts dictates of standards on people and communities who do not wish it...

UPDATE: I keep hitting enter and it sends wtf...

I'm reminded of the folks in Florida who wanted to live green, collect rain water, and use solar, and have a garden in their yard - and the muni came in and told them no. Same shit, different scale.
Ah yes, those damned people in government, denying you the opportunity to dump the sewage from your town or house directly into the local river or stream. Dictating that you children achieve a certain level of education so that they are not parasites on the rest of us. LOL You want to go back to 1850, the rest of us are moving into the 21 Century.

More like dirty politicians making backdoor deals with energy/water/wastewater companies in order to force folks to use their services. It's like the ultimate monopoly ya know...
All energy is made in the city too don't ya' know. Those lines across private property going through the countryside and all don't really count.
Sheesh. Most of the energy there is generated by the big dams on the Colombia, which were paid for by the Federal government. The primary energy being generated within the rural counties comes from windmills, which you 'Conservatives' oppose. And those windmills have proven to be a Godsend to many farmers and ranchers there, as the rent from them has freed them from the boom-bust cycle that is farming in dry country.

I'm not against wind power. But unlike you libs, I don't believe wind and solar should be the sole source of generating electricity.

Well Alaska isn't a good example at all because the majority of our rural folks don't use roads, they use airplanes.

However, it's actually cheaper to build a road in a rural area than an urban. The highway agency estimates a 2 lane undivided road carries a price tag of $2-3M per mile of new road in rural areas and $6M per mile in urban areas.

If we were to just as an example use Alaska property tax as a benchmark; the cheapest property tax in the state is roughly $650 a year on a 200kish home. (In anchorage it would be like $3.6k on the same home, mat su valley is $2.5k on the same home) That doesn't count muni gas taxes, sales taxes, etc. It's easily conceivable when adding up the resources that a small city could in fact afford to put in a road or bridge or power plant (and I know that for a fact because our bush towns do it often without much help from the state and typically zero help from the feds [who only maintain the 1.4k miles of hwy])

I don't think you know what you're talking about rightwinger
Sounds like he's from New Jersey. There were a lot of East Coasters calling for the patriots to just be shot and get it over with when LaVoy Finicum was shot like a dog. I got pretty pissy with a friend of a friend who was some twit professor at a college on the East Coast who called out publicly to just shoot them. Needless to say she got very quiet and disappeared after my little outburst of what should be done to people like her.
Lavoy Finicum was shot like the dog he was. Try to pull a gun on a police officer, and you will get the same. Really, what they should have done with those miscreants on the Malhuer Refuge is sent in the National Guard with tanks and machine guns, given them one chance to surrender, then opened up if the surrender was not immediate. That is probably what will happen if something like that is tried again.

Well Alaska isn't a good example at all because the majority of our rural folks don't use roads, they use airplanes.

However, it's actually cheaper to build a road in a rural area than an urban. The highway agency estimates a 2 lane undivided road carries a price tag of $2-3M per mile of new road in rural areas and $6M per mile in urban areas.

If we were to just as an example use Alaska property tax as a benchmark; the cheapest property tax in the state is roughly $650 a year on a 200kish home. (In anchorage it would be like $3.6k on the same home, mat su valley is $2.5k on the same home) That doesn't count muni gas taxes, sales taxes, etc. It's easily conceivable when adding up the resources that a small city could in fact afford to put in a road or bridge or power plant (and I know that for a fact because our bush towns do it often without much help from the state and typically zero help from the feds [who only maintain the 1.4k miles of hwy])

Sounds like he's from New Jersey. There were a lot of East Coasters calling for the patriots to just be shot and get it over with when LaVoy Finicum was shot like a dog. I got pretty pissy with a friend of a friend who was some twit professor at a college on the East Coast who called out publicly to just shoot them. Needless to say she got very quiet and disappeared after my little outburst of what should be done to people like her.
Lavoy Finicum was shot like the dog he was. Try to pull a gun on a police officer, and you will get the same. Really, what they should have done with those miscreants on the Malhuer Refuge is sent in the National Guard with tanks and machine guns, given them one chance to surrender, then opened up if the surrender was not immediate. That is probably what will happen if something like that is tried again.
He wasn't pulling a gun on anyone you little lying murderous demon.

I really dislike the arrogant attitudes of city folk, they shit all over my city after annexing us (against our will) It took us fucking 20 years to get a second HS built and we needed it really bad but Anchorage always out voted us even though we pay a fuck ton more property taxes than they do. They gave us one fucking fire house, two trucks. We're a huge sprawl though so the trucks can't even hope to cover the area... We actually had to pay for our own fire protection even though we pay taxes to pay for it (we have at least two fully donation paid fire departments - some jackass just wrecked one of our trucks too) Often feels like the only thing we get out of Anchorage is decent police protection - and that's mostly cause they live out here heh
Let me see here what you are saying. Seems to be that you went for a handout, and the city people did not give it to you, so you are bitching like hell. What happened to the meme that you rural people could do it all by yourselves? Here you are crying about not getting a handout from the people in Anchorage.

Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

I think the goal is for the farmers to go out of business. That way they can import produce from China.

He had his hand inside the coat where a gun was. He disobeyed orders numerous times that the police gave him. He got what he well deserved.

I think the goal is for the farmers to go out of business. That way they can import produce from China.
I think that people like you are just too damned ignorant and stupid to understand the economics of agriculture in an area of low rainfall.

He had his hand inside the coat where a gun was. He disobeyed orders numerous times that the police gave him. He got what he well deserved.
He grabbed his side when they shot him dickwad. The video and recorders are lying. He was murder and you have obviously showed again your true colors. Piss off.

The Enemies of Democracy Have Forced New Demographics

I have a conflict because, if taken without secession, this seem to conflict with majority rule. However, I can go deeper into what has been going on and resolve that dilemma because Environmentalism represents the overwhelming and unrepresentative power of a selfish and exclusivist elite. (Similarly, Whites cannot support majoritarianism if undesirables have been allowed to vote or immigrate and become voters against the will of the original majority).

So there is a contradiction here. Wasn't Oregon united before the 1% took over the laws and even the voters' minds because of its massive brainwashing power?
Yup.

And Oregon was self sufficient before they seized our resources and leveled unconstitutional land use laws against land owners, that made it IMPOSSIBLE for them to support themselves from their land.
Big Oil Occupied Government

Paper or plastic? By federal decree, forest products are replaced by petrochemical products. Who ordered that?
Link?

The take over started back when they decided control the food control the people. Yes, they do fully intend on wiping out every family owned and operated farm that they can and its not just China.

Forum List

Back