Oregon divided

koshergrl

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2011
Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Smith says to look at where the power lies.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

Lawmaker to pitch idea to join eastern parts of Oregon, Washington with Idaho

Like the rest of the country, Oregon is sick of having policies determined by the cities.

"...big city lawmakers passing restrictive environmental and economic laws are hurting farmers, hunters and ranchers.

"Keep in mind that 43 of the 60 legislators in this building come from Multnomah, Washington and Clackamas County," he said. "It makes it difficult for a small population of Oregonians to have influence on major policy."

""Our citizens are hurting," Smith said to KATU's Chris Liedle. "I think there are folks back home that have a level of frustration both with state government and with the federal government."

"To start the discussion, Parsons emailed every state legislator in all three states, contacted newspapers in the area and started a forum on Yahoo Groups titled "Oregon and Washington Joining Idaho" to discuss logistics like what would happen with assets like state prisons and universities in counties that voted to join Idaho.

"We want a voice," Parsons said. "Give us our voice and we'll take our lumps, if that is what it comes to."

Ideally, Parsons says it would be the county's decision to join Idaho or stay with its current state.

"If people in Malheur County say we want to be a part of Idaho, then I think the rest of Oregon should say, go for it," he exclaimed. "This could theoretically go all the way across the state."

He's reading Malheur County all wrong, though. That place has been taken over by communists and pigs. So let them stay with Bend and Eugene. They deserve each other.

What would be the new capitol?

Spokane?

Boise?

If I were editing you on this koshergrl then I would delete the parenthetical intro clause "Like the rest of the Country".

Just start with "Oregon is ...".

More factual that way.

Let's all do whatever we want and keep repeating "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", ...

If I were editing you on this koshergrl then I would delete the parenthetical intro clause "Like the rest of the Country".

More factual that way.
Don't edit me. And no, it isn't 'more factual' that way. It's factual as it is. There are no degrees of factuality, and I wanted to point out that what is happening across the nation is also happening in individual states.

Spokane?

Boise?

What's the capitol of Idaho now? If we join with Idaho, Idaho would still have the same capitol.

If we created our own state, I think the capitol should be Pendleton.

Let's all do whatever we want and keep repeating "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", "we're a nation of laws", ...
And our leftist comrades in the cities break them, and we're sick of it.

Yet 93% of Americans believe in some form of tighter gun laws, and you yell "NO!"

One man one vote, kg. Tough.

Yet 93% of Americans believe in some form of tighter gun laws, and you yell "NO!"

One man one vote, kg. Tough.

You're full of shit, and lying again fakey. You should live in Chicago. Go gunless.

Spokane?

Boise?

What's the capitol of Idaho now? If we join with Idaho, Idaho would still have the same capitol.

That's why it would never work.

Everybody will want the new capitol in THEIR remnant state.

Spokane?

Boise?

You are pretty clueless in many ways.

But they won't turn down that big city money. Losers.

Back country rednecks complain about city folks making policy

But they love it when the revenue generated in cities goes to pay for their roads, electricity, schools, hospitals....none of which would be available if they had to pay for it themselves

Spokane?

Boise?

I'm not sure you understand what the proposals are...

There's a proposal that Oregon just join the state of Idaho. Which would not result in a change of capitol. Idaho would maintain it's capitol.

There's a separate proposal that has been bounced around of the Eastern and Central parts of Oregon seceding from the state, and just creating their own separate state. It wouldn't include parts of Idaho, I don't think. Does it?

If it does, then probably Boise is a good choice. Though so is Pendleton.

More factual that way.
Don't edit me. And no, it isn't 'more factual' that way. It's factual as it is. There are no degrees of factuality, and I wanted to point out that what is happening across the nation is also happening in individual states.
Your personal ranting opinions detract from your subject matter.

This happens in a lot of your threads.

What you don't seem to understand is that you need to present data before you can make a logical conclusion, and then you get to give your opinion after you have dotted all your i's and crossed all your t's.

Your bad habit is throwing out your indefensible personal opinions as if you are God.

You are not God, koshergrl -- hate to break the news to you.

What data is required in this thread, you lunatic? I'm sharing an article about senators proposing the east part of the state leaving the west part. Take your fucking meds. And you've picked up a dingleberry named liewinger.

Forum List

Back