Opioid deaths skyrocket in PA as Trump is unable to contain crisis (but he can golf and tweet)

There was a treatment in the sixties that had over 90 percent success rate against alcoholism. Unfortunately our governemt made it illegal. I do not know if it would have worked against other drugs, but maybe it would.

What was that? Antabuse? FYI still legal

and define success rate? How many years of being sober?

The fact is that AA has a high success rate and all it consists of is choosing not to drink anymore.

All addiction is a choice because using and abusing drugs is a choice
It was actually LSD used in conjuntion with some sort of suggestivism. I studied it in college, but it was so many years ago most of that info has left my head. If you do not use knowledge you truely lose it.

I am not sure how long they tracked success rate after the drug was made illegal. I will see if I can hunt up some of those old notes.

Yeah, um, LSD is a drug itself, and a rather dangerous one. I'm thinking replacing one problem with another is not a good plan.
Studies show that LSD is not addictive. So no not replacing one problem with another. It will take years to relearn what was already discovered back in the sixties and the rates at which it is being experimented with lead me to belive that it will be at least a few years before this is a viable option but there is hope!

And you still don't know if it was effective.

As I said AA has a pretty good track record with their program and no drugs are needed all one has to do is make the choice to stop drinking and use the vast support network provided by AA
In the sizties they had over ninety percent success rate with it over periods spanning years. Recent experimentation has only yeilded 58% success and long term succes has to be determined over more time as experimentaiton has just recently started. I am confident that after time we can again achieve the types of success rates they had back then, but it will take time to rediscover the techniques used back then.

The fact is that AA has a high success rate and all it consists of is choosing not to drink anymore.

It was actually LSD used in conjuntion with some sort of suggestivism. I studied it in college, but it was so many years ago most of that info has left my head. If you do not use knowledge you truely lose it.

I am not sure how long they tracked success rate after the drug was made illegal. I will see if I can hunt up some of those old notes.

Yeah, um, LSD is a drug itself, and a rather dangerous one. I'm thinking replacing one problem with another is not a good plan.
Studies show that LSD is not addictive. So no not replacing one problem with another. It will take years to relearn what was already discovered back in the sixties and the rates at which it is being experimented with lead me to belive that it will be at least a few years before this is a viable option but there is hope!

As I said AA has a pretty good track record with their program and no drugs are needed all one has to do is make the choice to stop drinking and use the vast support network provided by AA
In the sizties they had over ninety percent success rate with it over periods spanning years. Recent experimentation has only yeilded 58% success and long term succes has to be determined over more time as experimentaiton has just recently started. I am confident that after time we can again achieve the types of success rates they had back then, but it will take time to rediscover the techniques used back then.

Again..................read the book "AA Comes of Age". The story is in there, and it tells how Bill Wilson DID try acid around 3 times to see if a spiritual experience could be induced, but it was too unpredictable, so that is why AA didn't promote it as a treatment.

And.......................I'd like to see a link for your claims, because I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for the Navy the last 8 years of my career (1996 - 2002), and I never saw or read anything for the success averages at the rate you are suggesting.

President Donald Trump is failing miserably in the battle against the opioid crisis.
What a pathetic, lazy President. He should drop that fucking golf club and get to work.
'Worst year,' 'terrifying trend': Opioid, heroin deaths in '17 ravage Central Pa. counties

how could he contain a crisis that designated a "public health emergency" without any request for funds?

Trump Declares Opioid Crisis a ‘Health Emergency’ but Requests No Funds
You should legalize pot and tax it... It cuts the problem approximately in half... Then there is new type of rehab which I saw on CBS news last night which cuts it in half again.... Those who are left to get methadone.... We could have a an actual mental Health System. None of which is going to happen under Republicans who have to save the rich from paying their fair share...
No argument here.

Again..................read the book "AA Comes of Age". The story is in there, and it tells how Bill Wilson DID try acid around 3 times to see if a spiritual experience could be induced, but it was too unpredictable, so that is why AA didn't promote it as a treatment.

And.......................I'd like to see a link for your claims, because I was a Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for the Navy the last 8 years of my career (1996 - 2002), and I never saw or read anything for the success averages at the rate you are suggesting.
I have old books and college notes on it. I wil look for links for you. i am sure there are links available on the new experimentation being done, but please note that this experimentation is currently extremely controlled and is likely not available except for certain specialy liscenced persons. This type of therapy likely is not currently available to you and those who are participating I am sure won some sort of lottery.My sister is a much bigger expert on this than I am and I will see what literature she can provide for you.

Also check out vivotrol.

LSD May Cure Some Addicts
Revisiting LSD as a treatment for alcoholism
Why Doctors Can't Give You LSD (But Maybe They Should)

These are all I could find and they only talk about single dose effectiveness. The long term program with sugestive reinforcment records were destroyed as far as we know unless they some how resurface it will takes years to get back there!

Last edited:

I have old books and college notes on it. I wil look for links for you. i am sure there are links available on the new experimentation being done, but please note that this experimentation is currently extremely controlled and is likely not available except for certain specialy liscenced persons. This type of therapy likely is not currently available to you and those who are participating I am sure won some sort of lottery.My sister is a much bigger expert on this than I am and I will see what literature she can provide for you.

Also check out vivotrol.

LSD May Cure Some Addicts
Revisiting LSD as a treatment for alcoholism
Why Doctors Can't Give You LSD (But Maybe They Should)

These are all I could find and they only talk about single dose effectiveness. The long term program with sugestive reinforcment records were destroyed as far as we know unless they some how resurface it will takes years to get back there!

Dunno about using LSD to treat addiction, because it's not that reliable as to the experience a person will have.

However.......................

There has been some promising research lately in the effects of psychedelic (Psylicybin) musrooms.

IMO it is more than ridiculous to treat addiction with a different mind altering drug.

All it does is feed into the myth that addiction is somehow a disease and not the result of choice.

It is also 'ridiculous' to protect a terrorist-funding illegal drug operation, like Barry did with Hezbollah's.

We have had what hundreds or thousands of drug policies and all of them have failed.
The so called war on drugs is an utter failure
Just say no was a joke

People have always used and abused mind altering substances and they always will.
There was a treatment in the sixties that had over 90 percent success rate against alcoholism. Unfortunately our governemt made it illegal. I do not know if it would have worked against other drugs, but maybe it would.

Who said anything about it being addictive? Do you really think that's the only danger possible with drugs?

Who said anything about it being addictive? Do you really think that's the only danger possible with drugs?
You play it safe there buddy! I am not abdicating it's use at this point. It is illegal except under some very special circumstances. What I do not think you are grasping is that any way you slice it when you are considering such an approach you are at your wits end. This type of solution is a last case type solution. It is deployed when an addict is so bad they are going to die or face other similarly terrible consequences. At that point people arte ready to take riskier solutions.

What is your game here, cocksucker?

Trying to piss me off to get me banned, and thus consider that a win?

FUck you. YOu are a piece of shit.
Easy there Correll, I have said worse to ya and you did not get so upset! Take a deap breath and relax. No one here is going to actually effect your life. Maybe a bad day? It will be better tomarrow.

I live in the Rust Belt. This cocksucker thinks this is funny, like the assholes in the video.

"Whine" about the pain and death of people I've seen and known?

I doubt you've said worse than that to me.

He is a vile piece of shit.
As some one who has lived thru the last year as I have. I have buried two people in the past week due to this epedimic. I have faced milicious prosecution in the past year and won but it cost me major amounts of money. I watched a twenty five year marriage end, closed a 22 year old business. I have lost my dog. Some of the people closest to me have betrayed me and stolen from me. Through all of this, I have not given any one the satification of seeing me lose my cool. When life is fucking you up the ass, all you have to maintain some sort of dignity is to not give the deplorables of the world the satisfaction of seeing you break down.

The very least that we can do, when people like reasonable are complete assholes, is tell them to their face that they are complete assholes, and they aren't fooling anyone.

If we don't raise a stink about issues that are important, like the fact that their policies are killing us, then they can use their constant, vile lies to create the false perception in society that everything is ok, or that at least nothing can be done about it.

Because there are VAST amounts of shit that can be done to improve things in central PA rust belt, and I'm not going to let these cocksucker pieces of shit, lie about that without challenge.

We have chosen as a society to NOT do any of those things, because cocksucking pieces of shit like reasonable, have slandered and marginalized anyone who dared voice any concern about white people having interests that need addressed.

FUCK THEM.
Another of my butthurt victims.
Love it.

I bet you never speak to anyone like this face to face, do you punk.

I think that is unfair to moderates and even many who side with the Left.

Rational people recognize the value of Law and Order.

I agree that the LEft generally sides with the criminals and the barbarians and the feral animals.

Like when you sided with Mexican Rapist instead of his 14 year old American victim.
opioids are available via prescription, only illegals buy them illegally.

Opioids are available without prescription, the democrats are hiding how many tons of these pills come in from Mexico, since this justifies Trumps WALL
legals go to doctors for recommendations or prescriptions.

Says the hater that is glad to see Americans, especially white Americans, dying.
You shouldn’t wear your racism on your sleeve like that. It’s just unseemly!

How fucking stupid are you to think that the mere act of referring to whites is racism?

President Donald Trump is failing miserably in the battle against the opioid crisis.
What a pathetic, lazy President. He should drop that fucking golf club and get to work.
'Worst year,' 'terrifying trend': Opioid, heroin deaths in '17 ravage Central Pa. counties

Trump is trying to do something, which is seal the border to prevent all that crap from coming into the country.

Gee, I wonder who is fighting that?

Dims are devoid of reason, I do I even bother?

Trump is trying to do something, which is seal the border to prevent all that crap from coming into the country.

Is our drug war not working? Why waste our money on it.

Is our drug war not working? Why waste our money on it.

It's not a real war on drugs. If you want to see a successful war on drugs, look at a country like Singapore whose drug rate goes down every year.

The US war on drugs is an absolute joke, as is the revolving door prison system.

It’s a shame Obama allowed it to get so bad, before doing anything.
7168F92C-8323-4D4E-8856-0A60846B9ED8.png

Forum List

Back