Open Letter to Senator Ted Cruz, the Canadian

I think we've had enough liberalism for now....

And the alternative is less liberalism...right? Not no liberalism unless you think the country's electorate is going to vote for what amounts to political whiplash. I cannot recall a time in the country's history as to when it did so but I'm sure there have been degrees of such whiplash in the past.

America, to halfway quote Gene Hackman in a movie, is a "roofer with a mortgage who wants one thing, to sit in his barcolounger, crack open a beer, and let the cable TV wash over him. Either way, he doesn't give two shits about your truth, justice, or the American way."

Sad as it may be (arguably), that is the case. Someone who threatens to get rid of the Federal Reserve or delete entire departments of the government threatens the whiplash which most Americans abhor.

Ted Cruz will go down in flames big time.

I happen to think a GOP flame-out is the Dems only hope in 2016 because as you said, Americans have had enough liberalism for now and if Clinton or Biden are nominated to run for President, the Obama record isn't going to do them any favors and it's something they can't walk away from since they were in the tent for much of his time in office.

What movie did Gene Hackman play Eric Holder?

And the alternative is less liberalism...right? Not no liberalism unless you think the country's electorate is going to vote for what amounts to political whiplash. I cannot recall a time in the country's history as to when it did so but I'm sure there have been degrees of such whiplash in the past.

America, to halfway quote Gene Hackman in a movie, is a "roofer with a mortgage who wants one thing, to sit in his barcolounger, crack open a beer, and let the cable TV wash over him. Either way, he doesn't give two shits about your truth, justice, or the American way."

Sad as it may be (arguably), that is the case. Someone who threatens to get rid of the Federal Reserve or delete entire departments of the government threatens the whiplash which most Americans abhor.

I happen to think a GOP flame-out is the Dems only hope in 2016 because as you said, Americans have had enough liberalism for now and if Clinton or Biden are nominated to run for President, the Obama record isn't going to do them any favors and it's something they can't walk away from since they were in the tent for much of his time in office.

Given what is being posted by the supporters of Cruz and Paul it appears as though they are not going to settle for any Republican who is to the left of those two. They want a full blooded far right conservative as their candidate in 2016. If someone more centrist like Christie wins the nomination they could go so far as to split off and run a 3rd party candidate instead. This is an issue that Republicans are going to face in the 2016 primaries. Be interesting to see how it plays out because the ramifications will be important for the future of this nation.

I didn't see far right conservatives start a new party when Romney was running. I also didn't see far right conservatives start a new party when McCain was running.

Because in each instance the far right conservatives were supporting the #2 on the ticket. In 2016 they want their candidate to be #1. They blame the losses in 2008 and 2012 on the #1 not being "conservative" enough. If they don't get a Cruz or a Paul at the top of the ticket they will see that as being a problem with the GOP itself.

To hell with all of this.............

Liberty Amendments and restore the Constitution..............................

It bypasses the Aholes who are Ruining our country. Starting with Term Limits, which according to polls would win easily. 75% agreed to Term Limits...............................

And only a 15% approval rating for Congress.

Fire them all and start from Scratch.

As Far as the President. It will be the lesser of two evils.

A true Conservative who stays the course on Conservative Principles will get the voters out. The people are tired of Both Sides and many don't give a F....... anymore. Change that and you win the election.

The people vote Dem because they offer FREE SHIT and LIE A LOT.

Christie can't win.... I doubt that Cruz will be the nominee.

But either of them would do better than Biden or another Clinton....

If Christie can win the GOP nomination he would be a formidable candidate against the Dems no matter who they pick. If Cruz or Paul win the nomination they will have a hard time trying to win the center because their message just doesn't resonate amongst moderates.

Given what is being posted by the supporters of Cruz and Paul it appears as though they are not going to settle for any Republican who is to the left of those two. They want a full blooded far right conservative as their candidate in 2016. If someone more centrist like Christie wins the nomination they could go so far as to split off and run a 3rd party candidate instead. This is an issue that Republicans are going to face in the 2016 primaries. Be interesting to see how it plays out because the ramifications will be important for the future of this nation.

Put an R next to their name and put a D next to Clinton or Biden's name on the other side of the ballot...they'll come home.

The issue for the GOP is what they'll run out of first, bullets in their guns or toes they feel like shooting off their foot. If they still have toes left, watch out; we get a Dem for the next 4 years. If they run out of bullets and cooler heads prevail; I think you'll have a Republican in the Oval in 2016.

What movie did Gene Hackman play Eric Holder?

He was actually playing a firearms attorney who gets companies out of liability....

It sounds pretty accurate.

I didn't see far right conservatives start a new party when Romney was running. I also didn't see far right conservatives start a new party when McCain was running.

Because in each instance the far right conservatives were supporting the #2 on the ticket. In 2016 they want their candidate to be #1. They blame the losses in 2008 and 2012 on the #1 not being "conservative" enough. If they don't get a Cruz or a Paul at the top of the ticket they will see that as being a problem with the GOP itself.

I'm going to disagree with ya on that point. I don't think anybody (republican or democrat) votes for the #2. Biden proves this.

I'm going to disagree with ya on that point. I don't think anybody (republican or democrat) votes for the #2. Biden proves this.

I agree with you. James Danforth Quayle comes to mind.

220px-Dan_Quayle%2C_official_DoD_photo.JPEG

Sitting duck.

Spin the chamber and see what happens.

Worked for the democrats. Shame about the country.

354 and 332.

Worked fine for Dems. How'd it go for the GOP in the last two elections for President there skippy?

Sucks to be you.

354 and 332? What's that? The interest rate you're going to be paying on your student loans?
I agree with ya, it did suck for the GOP to lose the last two elections. It sucks for the United States even more... "skippette".

Last edited:

Disagreement is good. It would be a boring world if we all had the same opinions on everything. :)

Getting back to your point. The purpose of putting Palin and Ryan on the tickets was to solidify the support from the base since neither McCain nor Romney were confident of their votes in the general election. What subsequently happened was that it was Palin and Ryan who were attracting the crowds at the campaign events. This resulted in the perception of being "held captive" by the far right conservatives. Please note that this is the perception rather than the reality. Both elections were reasonably close but the far right conservatives on the tickets did not help to gain moderate votes. What is more is that in 2012 the GOP stood an excellent chance of taking over the Senate but failed to do so because of the far right conservative candidates who were running for those seats.

The GOP choices for 2016 include Cruze, Paul, Rubio, Ryan and Santorum. All of them stand a chance of being the Republican nominee. Of those only Rubio strikes me as being politically savvy enough to know when to move to the center. If any of the others are at the top of the ticket the GOP will have a hard time "selling" them to the moderate center in my opinion.

Put an R next to their name and put a D next to Clinton or Biden's name on the other side of the ballot...they'll come home.

The issue for the GOP is what they'll run out of first, bullets in their guns or toes they feel like shooting off their foot. If they still have toes left, watch out; we get a Dem for the next 4 years. If they run out of bullets and cooler heads prevail; I think you'll have a Republican in the Oval in 2016.

I agree that with someone like Christie there is an excellent chance that he will end up in the Whitehouse. He can probably beat everyone on the Dem side with the possible exception of Clinton. That one is just too close to call in my opinion.

Tell Calgary Cruz we don't want his kind 'round hea.

Go back to Canada, Ted! We only want REAL Americans represented us.

Rafael isn't making any friends in the senate, thats for sure. His ploy to tie defunding Obamneycare isn't getting enough Republican signatories there last I checked either.

Last edited:

Rafael isn't making any friends in the senate, thats for sure. His ploy to tie defunding Obamneycare isn't getting enough Republican signatories there last I checked either.

If it doesn't transpire and we don't have this mother of all show-downs; McConnell may be looking for a job next year.

If it doesn't transpire and we don't have this mother of all show-downs; McConnell may be looking for a job next year.

I can't think of a congressman or Senator that shouldn't be looking for a job next year....

Forum List

Back