Oops. Someone said NEGROE

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
The Book of Negroes
1:13 PM on BET 83, 3 hr 47 min 2015 TV-PG
Part 1 of 2. The miniseries opens with the kidnapping of young Aminata from her West African village; and her treacherous journey to America.

Find more about The Book of Negroes

THAT ^ is what is on tv today. And it is on BET tv. You know..Black Entertainment Television. Note the date.

But...but....

Not sure your point. Are you trying to say something racist?

Whatever, the more education, the better.

I don't see where anyone "said Negroe" but "negroes" is the plural of the word "negro".

The Book of Negroes
1:13 PM on BET 83, 3 hr 47 min 2015 TV-PG
Part 1 of 2. The miniseries opens with the kidnapping of young Aminata from her West African village; and her treacherous journey to America.

Find more about The Book of Negroes

THAT ^ is what is on tv today. And it is on BET tv. You know..Black Entertainment Television. Note the date.

But...but....
Also from B.E.T. ..................ready?

IF uncle Rukus had been written by a white person there would be riots in the streets and liberals would be yelling RACIST.
BUT uncle Rukus is written and preformed by black democrats so it's okay...

The actual Book of Negroes (1783) was an inventory of about 3000 escaped slaves who made it to the British side during the American Revolution and were given refuge in Nova Scotia to live free.

Our history books kinda forget to mention anything about that.

Last edited:
Most fortunate. Many of the blacks who fought for the British supposedly were sold back into slavery in the West Indies.

• The Canadian author Lawrence Hill wrote the novel The Book of Negroes (2007, published in the United States as Someone Knows My Name). It is inspired by the African Americans who were resettled in Nova Scotia, and some of those who later chose to go to Sierra Leone, where they created a colony of freedmen in Africa. He features Aminata, a young black woman who is literate and acts as a scribe to record the information about the former American slaves. Those who founded Sierra Leone have been described as settlers who "brought America to Africa". The book won the top 2008 Commonwealth Writers' Prize.[3]
Adaptation into television mini-series
Main article: The Book of Negroes (miniseries)
Canadian director, Clement Virgo, has adapted the book into a 6-hour television mini-series. The series premiered on CBC in Canada on 7 January 2015 and on BET in the United States on 16 February 2015 and starred Aunjanue Ellis, Lyriq Bent, Cuba Gooding Jr. and Louis Gossett Jr..[4]

(Wiki)

Good for them. It's always a good thing to pull the lid off suppressed history.

I guess a few didn't see where I am a big bad racist for asking if the term NEGRO is a bad word to use. I am now known AS a racist for asking...and using it even though quite a few said it was as bad as nigg*r. My point then, as is now, is that if it is such a bad word, why is it still being used? Oh. Wait. Cuz blacks can and whites can't?

I call bullshit.

I guess a few didn't see where I am a big bad racist for asking if the term NEGRO is a bad word to use. I am now known AS a racist for asking...and using it even though quite a few said it was as bad as nigg*r. My point then, as is now, is that if it is such a bad word, why is it still being used? Oh. Wait. Cuz blacks can and whites can't?

I call bullshit.

Because the title dates from the 18th century when it was common.

It isn't a "bad word", just dated and somewhat despised for its temporal associations. But in this case it's an authentic artifact, because that was in fact literally the name of the book.

I call bullshit.
What you call is immaterial to anything.

Or as it used by Twain or Lee. Gracie simply does not have the gravitas or reputation to use it appropriately.

The Book of Coloreds was a much better miniseries in my opinion. :thup:

I thought you said Little Black Sambo was your favorite book?

main-550x497.jpg

Poor MouthfulQueen -- nobody paying attention to her so she comes here to troll... :itsok:

Forum List

Back