Only Liberals Are Pro-Liberty

So you think your petulant foot-stamping trumps common usage.

My "petulant foot-stamping" is in fact describing common usage. Everything I've said about conservatives fits perfectly those people who generally go by that title here.

Even you, although as I've said before your political views make you a libertarian, not a conservative. Your personal behavior explains why you identify with conservatives nonetheless.

My "petulant foot-stamping" is in fact describing common usage. Everything I've said about conservatives fits perfectly those people who generally go by that title here.

Even you, although as I've said before your political views make you a libertarian, not a conservative. Your personal behavior explains why you identify with conservatives nonetheless.
Such lofty pronouncements. :lol:

No, everything you've said is a strawman. You look quite tough beating it up. No, really. I'm sure all the girls are impressed. :lol:

The left is opposed to the Death penalty for convicted criminals of heinous crimes BUT for abortion of innocent babies at the whim of their mothers.

The left thinks the Usurpation of States rights by the Federal Government in regards grades preschool through 12th grade is ok.

The left believes that no one should have their Second Amendment rights as an individual. And have so legislated in a number of locations.

The left thinks that anarchists criminals and thugs should be free to live on Government property indefinitely while espousing absolutely no coherent complaint about what it is they claim to be protesting.

The left thinks that peaceful legal protests that all got permits for said protest, legally followed the rules and committed no crimes are violent ( no evidence yet) dangerous thugs. That if they LEGALLY brought weapons to a rally where in such weapons were allowed and legal they should be prosecuted ( don't ask me for what, only their demento minds would know) while claiming the legal exersize of their 2nd Amendment rights somehow equates to violence.

The left passed Federal law to FORCE everyone to pay a fine or get health Insurance. Even though no such power exists in the Constitution.

The left keeps passing laws that violate freedom in several States and only got stopped at the Federal level by a Republican controlled House.

Whoops.

The left is opposed to the Death penalty for convicted criminals of heinous crimes BUT for abortion of innocent babies at the whim of their mothers.

The left thinks the Usurpation of States rights by the Federal Government in regards grades preschool through 12th grade is ok.

The left believes that no one should have their Second Amendment rights as an individual. And have so legislated in a number of locations.

The left thinks that anarchists criminals and thugs should be free to live on Government property indefinitely while espousing absolutely no coherent complaint about what it is they claim to be protesting.

The left thinks that peaceful legal protests that all got permits for said protest, legally followed the rules and committed no crimes are violent ( no evidence yet) dangerous thugs. That if they LEGALLY brought weapons to a rally where in such weapons were allowed and legal they should be prosecuted ( don't ask me for what, only their demento minds would know) while claiming the legal exersize of their 2nd Amendment rights somehow equates to violence.

The left passed Federal law to FORCE everyone to pay a fine or get health Insurance. Even though no such power exists in the Constitution.

The left keeps passing laws that violate freedom in several States and only got stopped at the Federal level by a Republican controlled House.
The left thinks that thier brand of speech is of more import than other individuals, so as a matter of course that speech they disagree with has to be stifled...not argued...but stopped lest people begin thinking for themselves in the individual's case for thier own liberty.

The left more times than not sides with Tyranny as thier emotions render them more biased than they realize. And still have yet to climb the mountain of regret should they garner what they think they seek.

Last edited:
Really? Who's supporting single-payer healthcare again? What is that, if not the nationalization of the health care industry?

Single payer healthcare is not the same as nationalization of the healthcare industry. It's simply the government providing a public insurance option which might or might not co-exist with primary and/or supplemental private insurance options.

The industry remains private; Doctors work for their respective private employers and individuals covered by single-payer have their bills paid by the plan.

You can argue that it's a bad idea, fine, but it isn't "Socialized" anything.
:lol: Uh huh.

Profound. :rolleyes:

Safety in numbers I guess.

Great, how does the private sector stomp other people in the face?

Underpaying workers, unfair hiring/firing practices, environmental pollution, suppression of competition, outsourcing, union suppression, suppression of free speech in and out of the workplace, exploitation of consumers, unsafe products, and undercutting of democracy. For starters.

The biggest single way, however, is something that has no direct legal remedy, and that's the dominant/submissive relationship between boss and hireling. (I'm self-employed, so this does not apply to me, but it applies to most people.) An employer does a much better, more efficient job of keeping people in line and under the thumb of authority than government can ever do.

Of course. When Orwell wrote about Big Brother, Newspeak, erasing people from history, he was talking about people being underpaid. :cuckoo:

Its sort of sad how much time and energy we waste on political discourse that boils down to arguing over the definition of terms. Especially when such argument is dressed up as something more.

I suspect that may have been the point of this thread.

Its sort of sad how much time and energy we waste on political discourse that boils down to arguing over the definition of terms. Especially when such argument is dressed up as something more.

I suspect that may have been the point of this thread.

The point of this thread, in all honesty, is to yank chains. I'd say it's succeeding in that purpose. ;)

On the contrary, what I said above is the only explanation that is consistent with the policies pursued by conservatives.

What you posted is Orwellian horseshit propaganda. You tried to define government control as freedom. That takes incredible gall.

I'm not saying that everyone who calls himself/herself a conservative is a political sadist, but everyone who correctly calls himself a conservative is. Some people call themselves conservatives who are really libertarians, or even really liberals. Obviously what I said will not apply to them.

what you said applies to no one because it's horseshit.
Dragon loves his Doublespeak.

Its pretty easy to understand really.

Those words all have dictionary definitions.

The people who paste those labels on their foreheads for poltical reasons dont alway understand what the real words mean.

They mistakenly mislabel themselves out of lack of knowledge.

That doesnt change the dictionary difinition of the word does it?

No

It just makes those people who misuse the words to label themselves wrong about what they believe.

Forum List

Back