One Thread to Rule Them All: All the things that were going to bring down Trump

Gee I wonder which part of the country he thinks Trump is bringing down??

The country is doing pretty well right now.

UE is the lowest its been in a decade.

There are more jobs available.

The housing market is looking good.

The economy is doing great.

Hell even the stock market is doing well.

You noticed the stock market this week?

MW-GL188_dow_ju_20180620055704_ZH.png

That is entirely due to Trump's Trade war.

LMAO The stock market goes up and down all the time. Doesn't matter who's sitting in the White House.

How dumb are you??? LOL

Well....since the explicit cause for this sudden drop in the stock market is because of Trump's Trade war- it absolutely matters in this case who is sitting in the White House.

How ignorant are you? Oh wait- you already told us.

Just relax, a poll of CEO's around the world found over 50% of CEO's are optimistic. That's the first time its ever been over 50%, the best Obama could muster was 33%.

Actually it is not surprising- Trump's tax policies have been great for CEO's and corporations.

I bet that poll took place before this latest round of Trade Wars was slapped down last Friday- and Trump's threats of 10% on 200 billion dollars of Chinese imports.

I actually will be thrilled if Trump manages to preserve our growing economy without fucking it up with the Trade Wars.

I'm feeding you FACTS that prove your anti Trump rhetoric doesn't hold water. USA small business optimism also an historic all time high under Trump's policies. As for who benefits from the corporate tax cuts, millions of middle class stock holders who have trillions of retirement savings invested in these corporations.

LMAO The stock market goes up and down all the time. Doesn't matter who's sitting in the White House.

How dumb are you??? LOL

Well....since the explicit cause for this sudden drop in the stock market is because of Trump's Trade war- it absolutely matters in this case who is sitting in the White House.

Just relax, a poll of CEO's around the world found over 50% of CEO's are optimistic. That's the first time its ever been over 50%, the best Obama could muster was 33%.

Actually it is not surprising- Trump's tax policies have been great for CEO's and corporations.

I bet that poll took place before this latest round of Trade Wars was slapped down last Friday- and Trump's threats of 10% on 200 billion dollars of Chinese imports.

I actually will be thrilled if Trump manages to preserve our growing economy without fucking it up with the Trade Wars.

I'm feeding you FACTS that prove your anti Trump rhetoric doesn't hold water.
The 'fact' you provided was a vague reference to an uncited poll.

The fact is that this week the stock market has gone off the cliff- in direct response to the Trade War.

Otherwise the economy is doing really well- the growth that started under Obama continues, and the Trump tax policies have been embraced by business's.

Like I said- I only hope Trump doesn't fuck it up with his Trade War.

That is certainly what the stock market is worried about.

How dumb are you??? LOL

I'm feeding you FACTS that prove your anti Trump rhetoric doesn't hold water. USA small business optimism also an historic all time high under Trump's policies. As for who benefits from the corporate tax cuts, millions of middle class stock holders who have trillions of retirement savings invested in these corporations.

How dumb are you??? LOL

Does this hold your water?
Beyond 2018, CEO sentiment turns more cautious

Typically, CEOs report more confidence in revenue growth prospects over the longer term than the immediate future.

How dumb are you??? LOL

How dumb are you??? LOL

DOW off 239 so far
First the moron separated children from their parents next he's separating America from the rest of the world ,, India and Argentina joined in with the tariff war trump started Good going moron

The DJIA is up over 29% since Trump was elected. :itsok:

How dumb are you??? LOL

How dumb are you??? LOL

Does this hold your water?
Beyond 2018, CEO sentiment turns more cautious

Typically, CEOs report more confidence in revenue growth prospects over the longer term than the immediate future.

Leading economic indicators are hitting all time highs yet you sour grapes Dem's have nothing positive to say even when this benefits your own base.

How dumb are you??? LOL

How dumb are you??? LOL

DOW off 239 so far
First the moron separated children from their parents next he's separating America from the rest of the world ,, India and Argentina joined in with the tariff war trump started Good going moron

got a tough one for you blues How much was the market up since Obama was elected??

How dumb are you??? LOL

The fact is that this week the stock market has gone off the cliff- in direct response to the Trade War.

Otherwise the economy is doing really well- the growth that started under Obama continues, and the Trump tax policies have been embraced by business's.

Its a well respected poll that's conducted globally each year. Sorry it bursts your anti Trump bubble.

Its a well respected poll that's conducted globally each year. Sorry it bursts your anti Trump bubble.
Here Blues I'll help you out ,,,,A DOUBLE
Where was the Dow Jones when Obama took office?
By Leslie Kramer | Updated January 9, 2018 — 9:18 AM EST

A:
When President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the Dow Jones Industrial Average (DJIA) slumped to 7,949.09, the lowest inaugural performance for the Dow since its creation. The S&P 500 and the Nasdaq took similar hits, dropping 5.3 and 5.8 percent, respectively, and fourth quarter earnings reports were on track to drop more than 20 percent over the previous year's figures. Bank stocks in particular were hit quite hard, with the sector in general declining by 30 percent. Bank of America Corp. dropped 29 percent, and Citigroup Inc. sank a comparatively gentle 20 percent.

While the economic backslide may have seemed to indicate that the America public was less than confident in their newly elected leader, the dip was, instead, widely credited to a continued lack of confidence in the failing economy left behind by the previous administration. Under former President Bush, the stock market took a 2.3 percent fall on an annualized basis, reflecting the 1 percent increase achieved during his first four years and the 5.5 percent decline suffered during his second term. If nothing else, the historic lows of the Bush administration and the shaky beginnings of the Obama years definitely indicate an economy in flux.

Good news, however, was not too long in coming. Despite its inauspicious economic beginnings, the Obama administration has overseen an impressive upswing in the stock market. As of the end of Obama's term on January 20, 2017, the Dow Jones had more than recovered from its January 2009 slump, resting nicely at 19,732.40 for the day, more than double what it was on inauguration day. More importantly, it had maintained a healthy range of 15,660 and 19,974 in 2016. Though there have been intermittent downturns, the Dow's general upward trend speaks well for the Obama administration's efforts at economic recovery.

Read more: Where was the Dow Jones when Obama took office? | Investopedia Where was the Dow Jones when Obama took office?
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

How dumb are you??? LOL

How dumb are you??? LOL

DOW off 239 so far

got a tough one for you blues How much was the market up since Obama was elected??

You wish to discuss how Dem's destroyed the economy from 2006 to 2008 in order to win back the White House?

DOW off 239 so far

You wish to discuss how Dem's destroyed the economy from 2006 to 2008 in order to win back the White House?
you're cracking me up Economy up All repubs responsible... Economy down? Those dirty dems
Dems are tired of picking up Repub crap and getting blamed for it

DOW off 239 so far

you're cracking me up Economy up All repubs responsible... Economy down? Those dirty dems
In order for the trump moron to equal Obama he'd need a 40000 DOW a double

DOW off 239 so far

We can point to specific Dem policies and actions that did the damage and we can point to specific Trump policies and actions that are fixing the damage. Look its simple, Dem's suck at the economy, their policies kill jobs and stifle growth. That's not our fault.

How dumb are you??? LOL

How dumb are you??? LOL

DOW off 239 so far

Yep- Trump should be thrilled that Obama left him with such a strong economy.

Now if Trump can just keep from fucking it up.
Dow on track for 8th loss in a row as trade gloom lingers

DOW off 239 so far

We can point to specific Dem policies and actions that did the damage and we can point to specific Trump policies and actions that are fixing the damage. Look its simple, Dem's suck at the economy, their policies kill jobs and stifle growth. That's not our fault.

Odd then that the stock market grew more under Obama.....yet Trump 'fixed' the damage.

DOW off 239 so far

While the Republicans had the White House?

DOW off 239 so far

Forgive me from mentioning it BUT Dems have been bailing out Republicans for as long as I can remember

Under Dems MUCH BETTER
Jun 22 2016
The Economy Under Democratic vs. Republican Presidents
index.cfm
It has often been suggested that Republicans are better at overseeing the economy than Democrats. However, an analysis of economic performance since World War II under Democratic versus Republican presidents shows that claims that Republicans are better at managing the economy are simply not true. While the reasons are neither fully understood nor completely attributable to policy choices, data show that the economy has performed much better during Democratic administrations. Economic growth, job creation and industrial production have all been stronger.

In fact, a recent paper by economists Alan Blinder and Mark Watson states: “The superiority of economic performance under Democrats rather than Republicans is nearly ubiquitous; it holds almost regardless of how you define success.” Fact-checking groups have investigated similar statements and have found timeand time again that they are true. Moreover, past research shows that stock market returns are also higherunder Democrats.

The charts in this document update and expand upon the analysis in the Blinder and Watson paper. They include more recent data for both gross domestic product (GDP) and employment, as well as revisions to past data that have occurred since their paper was written. The charts also go back further to include all available data for the Truman presidency, though GDP data are only available beginning in 1947.

The data show that, since World War II, the economy has performed substantially better under Democratic presidents. On average, real (inflation-adjusted) GDP has grown about 1.6 times faster under Democrats than under Republicans. While the strong performance under Presidents Truman, Kennedy and Johnson certainly contributes to this gap, the starting point does not matter: GDP has grown faster under Democrats regardless of whether the analysis begins with President Truman, President Kennedy or President Reagan.

index.cfm

The findings for private-sector job growth are even more striking: businesses have added jobs at a nearly 2.5 times faster rate under Democrats than under Republicans, on average. In fact, the private-sector job growth gap between Democrats and Republicans is even greater than the gap when including government jobs.

These results should be interpreted with caution, since numerous external factors can impact the economy, including demographic trends, the strength of foreign economies and actions by the Federal Reserve. The Blinder and Watson paper concludes that the “large and significant” performance gap between the economy under Democrats and Republicans is predominantly due to factors that “might be considered blends of good policy and good luck,” in particular lower oil prices and higher productivity growth. But as Dr. Blinder pointed out to FactCheck.org, presidents may inadvertently affect these factors while pursuing other objectives. For example, he wrote: “the fact that we entered several wars in the gulf area (the latest in 2003) under Republican presidents, thereby driving up oil prices, was not just luck – it was policy, though not economic policy.”

index.cfm

How dumb are you??? LOL

How dumb are you??? LOL

DOW off 239 so far

You know Trump hasn't even started his second term. How do you equated 2 years to 8?

Not too bright

DOW off 239 so far

You know Trump hasn't even started his second term. How do you equated 2 years to 8?

Not too bright
You think trump will have a 40000 DOW by the time he leaves a double like Obama got?

Forum List

Back