One thing Trump is absolutely right about

Dr Grump

Platinum Member
Apr 4, 2006
From the Back of Beyond
Trump is a toerag, loser, cocksucking fuckwit. He lies constantly, is a racist misogynistic turd. He should have let Ivanka run. She would have won.

However, one of the things that he is absolutely right about is Washington is broken. One of the reasons he has traction is because there is a certain segment of the US population sick of all the BS coming out of Washington.

This is a question for you Yanks. What is the answer? Trump is not it for sure. Do you think, that even though Trump is likely to lose this election, will it change the political landscape forever? Will the two main parties take notice that people are sick of their lies and deceptions, the lobbyists, the ones who's only interest is getting paid zillions for telling politicians what they think they want to hear?

An interesting aside I just heard 10 minutes ago. in 2012, 2 percent of votes were cast for third parties. This election it is looking it will be 10 percent. Is the US ready for true third party politics?

Last edited:
The answer is no, because if Clinton wins, the entire thing will be under the bridge and no one will hear about it again - kind of like what's going on now where the MSM ignores all of it and dazzles the morons with "shiny keys"

The answer is no, because if Clinton wins, the entire thing will be under the bridge and no one will hear about it again - kind of like what's going on now where the MSM ignores all of it and dazzles the morons with "shiny keys"
Seems the OP likes the shiny keys....:lol:

Might not be far away. Isn't it funny. I've been on here for the past 10 years saying how shit the US political system is. Now all the neocon loons are agreeing with me. I don't know whether to be smug or worried.

Seems the OP likes the shiny keys....:lol:
nothing wrong with polishing your keys.
much better than having dull keys with ear wax stuck to them. (new a guy that used to dig in his ears with his car keys... would never borrow his car)

I got that part, would you mind explaining why

Under the classical definition, a country refers solely to the land and the nation (collective people that share a similar language or culture).

The United States is a politicized entity, and while it may claim to be representative of a country, it is not a country in and of itself.

I got that part, would you mind explaining why

Under the classical definition, a country refers solely to the land and the nation (collective people that share a similar language or culture).

The United States is a politicized entity, and while it may claim to be representative of a country, it is not a country in and of itself.
why? because they're not native? who is?

No, because the United States is a successor political entity to the British colonial government. The country is America, and this is the American nation.

Maintaining purity of semantics seems like a wasted endeavor nowadays, but nonethless I feel obligated to make the effort.

No, because the United States is a successor political entity to the British colonial government. The country is America, and this is the American nation.

Maintaining purity of semantics seems like a wasted endeavor nowadays, but nonethless I feel obligated to make the effort.
"purity of semantics" is puttin it lightly isn't Great Britain just the successor political entity to the Roman colonial government?

"purity of semantics" is puttin it lightly isn't Great Britain just the successor political entity to the Roman colonial government?

To your question, yes, but the UK is not a country either.

The UK is divided into four countries; Those being England, Wales, Scotland, and Ireland.

There is a curious dichotomy about Washington today that shows just how confused Americans have become. On one hand W is required to enforce your view, whatever they may be, on the other hand it operates so poorly it becomes the reason nothing works. Personally I think it is the American voter's fault, they elect based on issues that are usually irreverent to their lives, guns and abortion are two. Corporate power likes that as they support the birdbrains in Congress who do nothing but beg for more money and hope for lucrative work afterwards. Americans could make things better by supporting fair wages, made in America, excellent public eduction, and a government that uses taxes for America. Rather simple but given the bizarre issues and agitprop impossible. How the heck for instance did the republican voters select a fool for president?

"Democracies have great rational and imaginative powers. They also are prone to some serious flaws in reasoning, to parochialism, haste, sloppiness, selfishness, narrowness of the spirit. Education based mainly on profitability in the global market magnifies these deficiencies, producing a greedy obtuseness and a technically trained docility that threaten the very life of democracy itself, and that certainly impede the creation of a decent world culture." Martha Nussbaum

"Educators for economic growth will do more than ignore the arts. They will fear them. For a cultivated and developed sympathy is a particularly dangerous enemy of obtuseness, and moral obtuseness is necessary to carry out programs of economic development that ignore inequality. It is easier to treat people as objects to be manipulated if you have never learned any other way to see them." Martha Nussbaum

Forum List

Back