One Simple Way To Get Fresh Food To People Who Can’t Afford It

One of the problems you have out there is pride. I'm a couponer and damned proud of it. I'm stuck up here in Canada and I can't do crap like I used to down south.

Not sure what's going on here with my posts. But hang in there if you want to follow along. I can and did give classes on how to shop for free. One of the first things I learned was that women were ashamed of couponing. OMG. I'm done there going I can get free and women are going that they are embarrassed to get free?

It's funny the difference a source makes something.

can't recall where, but in a blue state a restaurant was feeding it's extras to the homeless every night, so it was forced to stop, by leftist, or face a leftist heavy fine that would have shut them down.

when the story broke, leftist on usmb supported the leftist state b/c how dare they feed leftovers to the homeless, don't they deserve the best.....

now here we have a person that runs to a leftist outlet, gets leftist support and she's a hero

there will be a special place in hell for you hypocrites.

but good on that group for helping people

The post is based on the myth that "people can't afford food". It's a lie that democrats drag out every election season. Unlike the FDR years when Americans actually needed government sponsored soup lines the sad fact of life is the people alleged to be in poverty are many times afflicted with obesity. People who can afford to eat healthy food instead choose food that tastes good and the government sponsored food stamp program makes sure they are happy with their choices.
They can't after paying rent and basic things.. thanks to food stamps/wic they have some security.

You really are a simpleton.

The post is based on the myth that "people can't afford food". It's a lie that democrats drag out every election season. Unlike the FDR years when Americans actually needed government sponsored soup lines the sad fact of life is the people alleged to be in poverty are many times afflicted with obesity. People who can afford to eat healthy food instead choose food that tastes good and the government sponsored food stamp program makes sure they are happy with their choices.
They can't after paying rent and basic things.. thanks to food stamps/wic they have some security.
Proof? Of course not.
Obesity is a bigger problem for the poor than hungry.
Poverty, Obesity Go Hand in Hand, State by State, Studies Find - NerdWallet

Yeah, I find this rather strange.

Poor diet I know...but a lot of it.

Food stamp program makes sure they are happy with their choices.

Hold on...won't be long before food stamps can be used and Wendy's.

Proof? Of course not.

The plaintiff cry......................good food costs so much.

like hell it does.

lettuce vs mcd's? kiss my ass.

Proof? Of course not.

like hell it does.

Agreed....but good healthy food is an acquired taste !!!

I just grew two rounds of baby bok choi. still in the store is weighs in at 1.49 cheap compared to the burgers people buy

Proof? Of course not.

like hell it does.

Agreed....but good healthy food is an acquired taste !!!

:lol:

don't get me going. ready to pack it in tonight. You look like a good soul. Nice to meet you.

McDonalds & Cheetos are cheap and fattening.
Healthy food is more expensive then junk food.. You can't blame those in poverty.
Wrong.

That is BULLSHIT.....I can with a little imagination in the kitchen take a broiler chicken and make 5 meals out of it..And it costs MUCH less than the shitty convenience foods these people elect to purchase. They are buying junk food. No fresh fruit or veggies. Instead of eating a raw carrot for a snack or an orange,banana or apple, these people dive into a bag of cheese doodles...Instead of drinking water, tea or juice, they have kool aid or soda.
The load up on unsaturated fats, starches and sugar.....And people like you weep for them, saying "they can't afford"....
Nonsense. Most food stamp and welfare recipients DON'T pay their full rent. Their housing is subsidized by.....wait for it.....The taxpayers.
Cut the whiny bullshit.......

Many of the poor don't have access to cooking. They live in motels or rented rooms with maybe a microwave. Some are even homeless. Your continuous hatred and ignorance of how the poor survive is duly noted.

Poor people generally don't have access to fresh, healthy food. If you don't believe that, google "food deserts" sometime and see how those in the inner city have limited choices.

As far as the expiration dates? Most food manufacturers put their "sell by" date about a week to a week and a half before they know the food will start spoiling (remember, they have technicians and food scientists that figure it out), so the food is safe and healthy to eat. Matter of fact, the other day I was shopping at a local market, and one of the workers came up to the cashier and offered her some pineapple that he was going to throw out because it had met it's sell by date. She was afraid to try it at first, but then when both he and I told her how the dates work, she had some.

And...............as far as obesity and being poor? Yes, many people have offered how cheap a SINGLE ingredient is, but the meals that I eat consist of more than just bok choy, or a couple of carrots. I like a bit of meat, some veggies, bread and whatever I can find for dessert. Cooking a FULL, HEALTHY meal IS expensive, and it's much cheaper, as well as more filling to load up on stuff like noodles and breads, but that contributes towards obesity.

I commend this woman for coming up with this program. I just wish more people were like her instead of coming up with ways to stop her.

Forum List

Back