One of many reasons why government should NEVER control your life

Shouldn't we give all of our money to the government and just let them tell us what to do with our lives?
Karl there believes so!

Scary, isn't it.

Humans wanting other humans to run their lives for them and make their decisions.

Trading cold comfort for liberty and freedom is fucked. It's not what America was founded on.
Well...people like Karl were coddled. But they are also selfish and greedy. Which means they will surrender freedom in exchange for the “right” to mooch off of others.

You don't know the origin of the left/right political dichotomy do you?
Oh, I do. More than anyone else here, I assure you. Much like the U.S. Constitution, it wouldn’t be in your best interest to challenge me on it.
Then you know that is those on the right who remained loyal to the king. The conservatives.
No...what I know is that you have spent your life eschewing reality and ignoring history in favor of a failed ideology.

George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, Benjamin Franklin and company were the ultimate libertarians. When someone quotes them today, you communists scream “radical wing-nuts”. The left had nothing to do with the founding of this nation, buttercup.
Your libertarians had a choice to federalize and submit to the authority of the people or to remain a confederacy, independent of the will of the people nationally. Which did they choose?

The left is all about control. They fear liberty because they think that if everyone isn't forced to row in the exact same direction, civilization will break down. It is why they embrace fascism they way they do. But this story here is one of MANY reasons why the government should never have control over any facet of your life. The UK government is standing in the way of medication that could cut breast cancer deaths by 10%.

View attachment 152254

I'll see your dollar and raise you two dollars:

Obese patients and smokers banned from routine surgery in 'most severe ever' rationing in the NHS
Inevitable

Trading liberty and freedom for cold comfort is fucked. It's not what America was founded on.
That is exactly what this country is founded on! It says so in the preamble of the constitution!

Last edited:
Your libertarians had a choice to federalize and submit to the authority of the people or to remain a confederacy, independent of the will of the people nationally. Which did they choose?
Um...they choose to delegate 18 specific enumerated powers to the federal government (such as coining money - so each state didn’t have to worry about exchange rates with other states).

Now...a subordinate cannot delegate to a superior. Only a superior can delegate to a subordinate. The states have full power and authority in the U.S. They gathered to explicitly delegate a mere 18 items to a federal government (items that just made sense to be managed federally as a nation).

When it does, then you can complain that the evil government is forcing everyone to row in the same direction. Per your desire.
Exactly. So what have we learned here? That government should stay the fuck out of it. That they have no authority to control people, business, costs, etc.
I learned that the National government did stay out of it and as a result you are melting like a snowflake.
So it's ok for the local government to control your life? :bang3:

Governemnt aren't doing it. Read your own post, it is doctors not recommending it, Government have stepped out but It looks like they are stepping in to actually increase its use...

So you go a post another thread that says the UK government are forcing patients to have a a drug with deadly side effects...

Your idealogy has made you lost the ability to reason... Guess what, NHS has not drug to fix that...

Also there is nothing stopping people buying it for themselves....

States all over america don't allow Marijuana use for cancer patients (which reduces the side effects of chemo), where is your out cry there?

Except that they have no “right” to protest (and that is the issue). The NFL is a business. An official place to work. When you enter into your place of business, you officially surrender all of your rights. You have no right to keep and bear arms. You have no right to free speech. You have no right to be secure in your persons and property (your place of business can search you, your computer, etc.).

Why does the left feel the need to deny every issue and attempt to twist it into an issue it’s not? I guess when one is in the wrong side of the facts - one has no other choice?

I thought you conservatives were all about supporting the Constitution. You may want to read it sometime. There's stuff in there about peaceful protest and being allowed free speech.
Absolutely...on your own time. I specifically cited “business” over and over in my previous post that you are pitifully attempting to respond to here. Don’t act any dumber than you already are!

Taking a knee before the game doesn't interfere in any way with how the game will be played, or who is going to win. If it interfered with game play, you may have had a point somewhere other than on the top of your skull, but it doesn't so you don't.

But it is causing a loss to the teams and the league. If you go to work and cause your bosses customers to quit doing business with them, you can bet he's going to fire you.

Only if what they are doing goes against their contract, and apparently, it doesn't so they can continue to take a knee until their contracts are redrawn up.

No, they cannot. Contract or not, the rules can change at anytime and causing harm to your company or organization makes such contract null and void. However, in this case, it seems the NFL is supporting their players regardless of the harm it's causing. Therefore fans are holding the NFL just as responsible as the players.

Um...they choose to delegate 18 specific enumerated powers to the federal government (such as coining money - so each state didn’t have to worry about exchange rates with other states).

Now...a subordinate cannot delegate to a superior. Only a superior can delegate to a subordinate. The states have full power and authority in the U.S. They gathered to explicitly delegate a mere 18 items to a federal government (items that just made sense to be managed federally as a nation).
The states have full power and authority in the U.S.
The supremacy clause, article VI, exposes that particular fraudulent claim.

The supremacy clause, article VI, exposes that particular fraudulent claim.
Dumb ass...the states delegated 18 enumerated powers to the federal government. Just because federal law trumps state law constitutionally on those 18 items (and many more thanks to abuse of power) doesn’t change the limitation of the federal government’s scope and power.

You need to stop discussing U.S. government - you clearly don’t know anything about it.

States all over america don't allow Marijuana use for cancer patients (which reduces the side effects of chemo), where is your out cry there?
I’ve long said that the federal government has absolutely no jurisdiction over narcotics (that is a state issue per the U.S. Constitution). You should avoid making comments about issues you are uninformed about. You clearly had no clue what my position was.

You need to stop discussing U.S. government - you clearly don’t know anything about it.
Clearly I have enough sense about it to understand that by delegating authority to the US Constitution the states gave up some of their authority, even within their own state.

Clearly I have enough sense about it not to make the following fraudulent claim. Can you say the same?

Governemnt aren't doing it. Read your own post, it is doctors not recommending it, Government have stepped out but It looks like they are stepping in to actually increase its use...

Under nationalized health care, as employees of the state, doctors are agents of the government. Just like public school teachers and police officers. Just like the president.

Last edited:
The left is all about control. They fear liberty because they think that if everyone isn't forced to row in the exact same direction, civilization will break down. It is why they embrace fascism they way they do. But this story here is one of MANY reasons why the government should never have control over any facet of your life. The UK government is standing in the way of medication that could cut breast cancer deaths by 10%.

View attachment 152254
The UK government isn't standing in the way you dummy. The decision to fund the drug is made locally. That is going to change. When it does, then you can complain that the evil government is forcing everyone to row in the same direction. Per your desire.
I'm sorry, stupid, are you under the impression that "locally" somehow means "NOT government"? :lmao:
You've always struck me as a states rights kind of girl. Why not now?

It must really frost your ass that our society is organized as a collective.
Not nearly as much as the reality that the U.S. Constitution says otherwise must frost yours. :lmao:
Really? The copy I read says that "we the people" established the constitution. That is a collective.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
The collective is great… Till it’s not.
Fuck the collective

Quick question.........................why are we worrying about what the British government is doing to British citizens? We are under a totally different system of government.

Sorry, but what the British government does to British citizens has zero bearing on me as an American citizen who is protected by the Constitution.

Some protection. The government said you have to buy medical insurance or else........

At the same time, they decided to force insurance companies to their way of handling their money, for instance a law that requires insurance companies to use 85% of their premiums on medical claims alone.

When the government has that kind of power, you better look at what other countries are doing to see where we could end up in all this.

the ACA mandates that insurance companies use 80% of premiums on the policy holder's healthcare (not claims - the other 20% is for admin costs & overhead) - for individual policies; & 85% for group ins. policies. wow- imagine that. YOUR money going for YOUR healthcare instead of adding to the ridiculous salaries of the powers that be.

Health insurance rights & protections
Rate Review & the 80/20 Rule
Rate Review & the 80/20 Rule
Obamacare is a joke, people are paying for other people shit unnecessary.
And millions and millions of people will never use it, do not want nothing to do with it and cannot afford it.

I learned that the National government did stay out of it and as a result you are melting like a snowflake.

Since the UK is dead last in the breast cancer survival rate among industrialized nations (comes in well behind Brazil - so does Canada) ... You can pretend it is whatever you want ... But it is a systemic failure associated with their healthcare options ... No matter who you would like to blame.

Forum List

Back