One Million Moms 'moving on' from Ellen Christmas commercial protest

R

rdean

"We're not taking action, we're moving on," One Million Moms director Monica Cole told The Christian Post. "We've already contacted the company."

On Tuesday, the group posted about the ad on its website, saying "JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets."

One Million Moms 'moving on' from Ellen Christmas commercial protest - The Clicker

And here is the incredibly offiense commercial:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xvE9EPs-LCo]Ellen Degeneres First JC Penny JCP Christmas Commercial Nov 27 2012 Elves Diner - YouTube[/ame]

American is losing it's moral center. American Christians just had to try one list time. Letting gays, and I mean "REAL" gays on TV. Then there are all those minorities. Can't American just be white and straight? Like it's always been?

People just dont like having shit shoved in their face, dumb-fuck.

These people would be just as pissed off if JC Penny had hired a Grand Wizard of the KKK to do their commercials. Most people do not want to see perversion normalized and so they dislike things associated with the spoke-its who champion said normalization.

Last edited:
FACTS...
The Williams Institute at the UCLA School of Law, a sexual orientation law and public policy think tank,
estimates that 9 million (about 3.8%) of Americans identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender (2011).
The Gay Population - Gay Population Statistics In The United States

JCP who has had financial problems to begin with is willing to anger possibly the other 96% of Americans just doesn't make financial/marketing sense for 4%?

Now it may from their marketing analysis NOT anger 96% but say 30%... Is the loss of 30% gained by appealing to 4%?
Again... more then "million moms" are wondering about JCP as this faux paus has contributed to JCP 50% stock price decline since first of 2012.

JCP is hanging on by a thread as it is. They should be trying to attract more customers, not alienating the few they have left.

These people would be just as pissed off if JC Penny had hired a Grand Wizard of the KKK to do their commercials. Most people do not want to see perversion normalized and so they dislike things associated with the spoke-its who champion said normalization.

Because gays and the KKK are just the same?

Speaking of the KKK:

Pulaski, Tennessee - The Ku Klux Klan officially disbanded today claiming that the Republican Party has co-opted all of their ideas concerning race, immigration and religion and that there was no longer any need for their existence.

JCP is hanging on by a thread as it is. They should be trying to attract more customers, not alienating the few they have left.

They are attracting more customers. And as the last election PROVED, we know who is doing the "alienating".

They are attracting more customers. And as the last election PROVED, we know who is doing the "alienating".

The last election proved nothing. It certainly didn't prove that JC Penney is doing better. The fact is JCP is failing. It has made some disastrous mistakes. The rebrand failed, the marketing strategy failed and having Ellen Degeneres as spokesperson has not helped.

FRC: JCPenney Admits Sales Falling, Pro-Gay Sales Strategy Failing | NOM Blog

..J.C. Penney has lost its way--and in the process, its profits! "Is J.C. Penney trying to become GayC Penney?" ABC Newsis asking--and so are customers. In the last several months, the company once known for its Christian roots has undergone a radical transformation. It started last year, when J.C. Penney hired Ellen DeGeneres, a vocal proponent of same-sex "marriage," as its spokesperson.

... As Ford Motors will tell you, siding with radical homosexuals has its price. And in J.C. Penney's case, the cost is about $163 million. According to the Wall Street Journal, J.C. Penney's stock "has lost more than a third of its value since a disastrous earnings report in mid-May, when Penney's posted a $163 million loss and said sales fell 20% in the first three months of its fiscal year." CEO Ron Johnson also admitted that Father's Day sales were a bust. "Penney's shares fell 8.8% Tuesday to their lowest level in a year, [and] store traffic was down 10%."

While you might like to imagine the pro gay policy is helping JCP, the fact is, it was an epic fail.

The last election proved nothing. It certainly didn't prove that JC Penney is doing better. The fact is JCP is failing. It has made some disastrous mistakes. The rebrand failed, the marketing strategy failed and having Ellen Degeneres as spokesperson has not helped.

FRC: JCPenney Admits Sales Falling, Pro-Gay Sales Strategy Failing | NOM Blog

..J.C. Penney has lost its way--and in the process, its profits! "Is J.C. Penney trying to become GayC Penney?" ABC Newsis asking--and so are customers. In the last several months, the company once known for its Christian roots has undergone a radical transformation. It started last year, when J.C. Penney hired Ellen DeGeneres, a vocal proponent of same-sex "marriage," as its spokesperson.

... As Ford Motors will tell you, siding with radical homosexuals has its price. And in J.C. Penney's case, the cost is about $163 million. According to the Wall Street Journal, J.C. Penney's stock "has lost more than a third of its value since a disastrous earnings report in mid-May, when Penney's posted a $163 million loss and said sales fell 20% in the first three months of its fiscal year." CEO Ron Johnson also admitted that Father's Day sales were a bust. "Penney's shares fell 8.8% Tuesday to their lowest level in a year, [and] store traffic was down 10%."

While you might like to imagine the pro gay policy is helping JCP, the fact is, it was an epic fail.

WOW! FROM THE NATIONAL ORGANIZATION FOR MARRIAGE!

Didn't Ellen get "married"?

That was a Pro Gay commercial? The "Odd People" comment was directed at Gays? I thought it was refering to the Elves?

The only thing the last election proved Dean is that the uninformed voters of America have no fucking idea what the president does or what he stands for.

...okay, I have to ask.
What's so offensive about this commercial again? I've watched it like 5 times and I don't get it.

That was a Pro Gay commercial? The "Odd People" comment was directed at Gays? I thought it was refering to the Elves?

How funny. That's what I thought too.

Can someone explain how that rather silly commercial was "pro-gay"?

Its true there are a few ignorant bigots who object to Ellen but when this non-issue first hit, I opened a charge account, used it and make it a point to shop there.

I also made a point of contacting the main office to tell them we would be shopping with them BECAUSE they didn't back down because of the hate. When we were in the store, we talked to others and found that most people really didn't care.

I wonder ... could it be that most people know its none of their effing business what other consenting adults are doing in their bedrooms? Could it be that most people don't want bigger and bigger government, more and more laws the way the rabid right does?

How utterly expected and typical of the rw's on this board to side with WalMart against Americans and AGAINST Penny's who is FOR Americans.

How utterly expected and typical of the rw's on this board to side with WalMart against Americans and AGAINST Penny's who is FOR Americans.
What the hell are you babbling about?

The point being made is obvious. It is all about bigotry and the anti gay agenda. As for Wal-Mart, anyone who supports them is supporting China and not Americans.

What the hell are you babbling about?

The point being made is obvious. It is all about bigotry and the anti gay agenda. As for Wal-Mart, anyone who supports them is supporting China and not Americans.

First, about the commercial, I see nothing wrong with it and I am a Christian.

Secondly, wry catcher, are you going to tell me that none of the other big box stores sell items from China? If you do, you are full of it.

On Tuesday, the group posted about the ad on its website, saying "JCP has made their choice to offend a huge majority of their customers again. Christians must now vote with their wallets."
Social conservatives are truly idiotic, on so many levels; they’re obviously unaware of the fact that a majority of homosexuals in the United States are Christians.

So homosexuals are the same as the Klan, thanks for proving the point of the idiocy of social conservatism.

Can someone explain how that rather silly commercial was "pro-gay"?
It has a gay person in it, that makes it ‘pro-gay,’ such is the ‘logic’ of the social right.

Forum List

Back