"One Man's Terrorist...."

1. I'm going to have to believe that most folks would find Lady Thatcher to be somewhat of an expert on the matter.

You believe all sorts of things not based in fact.

...like believing Thatcher had 'cachet'. :lol:

3. And, with respect to a real President, Ronald Reagan, this....

'Two points should be made clear. The Democrat Congress was strongly in favor of the communists of Nicaragua, and the scandal was an attempt to tie the hands of the President, who was strongly anti-communist. And, two, congressional attempts to conduct foreign policy were, at the very least, constitutionally dubious. Reagan often complained [p. 222] that it was not possible to carry out foreign policy with 535 secretaries of state in Congress."
Steven F. Hayward, "Politically Incorrect Guide to the Presidents."

Reagan supported people who murdered nuns. He called them 'freedom fighters'.

I guess they freed those nuns from the burden of living the rest of their natural lives.

President Reagan performed several miracles....one of which was the defeat of the Evil Empire without firing a shot.

Now, obviously, I believe in miracles....but, in your case, if God tried to help you, we'd have an eight day week.
It was a miracle he was able to hit his mark and recite his lines.

This was a guy who referred to military uniforms as 'wardrobe', which is what actors wore when playing military parts. :lol:

He was already dodgy by the end of his first term. :lol:

You believe all sorts of things not based in fact.

...like believing Thatcher had 'cachet'. :lol:

Reagan supported people who murdered nuns. He called them 'freedom fighters'.

I guess they freed those nuns from the burden of living the rest of their natural lives.

President Reagan performed several miracles....one of which was the defeat of the Evil Empire without firing a shot.

Now, obviously, I believe in miracles....but, in your case, if God tried to help you, we'd have an eight day week.

This was a guy who referred to military uniforms as 'wardrobe', which is what actors wore when playing military parts. :lol:

The most revealing evidence for the greatness of President Reagan is how you Leftists fight tooth and nail to deny the obvious.

Catch the admission in here:

"CBS Sunday Morning had a segment on yesterday discussing how historians and journalists would view *. They interviewed the usual lackeys such as Dan Bartlett and David Frum extolling chimpy's virtues, but my mouth dropped when Historian Douglas Brinkley called Reagan one of the 5 greatest presidents! Did I miss something? Is the fact that there was never a formal investigation into Iran Contra, mean that the president and his administration didn't pursue their RW agenda and cover it up? Was he possibly given credit for ending the cold war when in fact USSR's involvement in a war in Afghanistan did more to precipitate it? Am I missing something here?"
WTF? Historian Douglas Brinkley calls Reagan one of the Top 5 Greatest Presidents - Democratic Underground

Again?

".... when Historian Douglas Brinkley called Reagan one of the 5 greatest presidents!"

How you feel now, boyyyyyeeeeee?

Don't know about Douglas Brinkley. But Prexy Reagan's "greatness" was in quips, one-liners, & stagecraft. Other than that, the poor man should have been impeached on Iran-Contra. For violating the Constitution, for violating the Boland Amendment, for trading arms for hostages with Iran (!), for bringing rank amateurs & poseurs & renegades into NSC to run his private foreign policy, for raising money & supplying rapists, torturers, murderers in C. America & elsewhere with military arms. For suborning Israel, for tapping GOP & other rightists for all the money they could cough up, for rewarding the best "patrons" with visits & photo ops with the Gypper, ...

CIA under Reagan was useless - they missed the economic problems & fall of the USSR (which is why Prexy Reagan never pushed to end the Cold War - he & CIA were completely oblivious - & which is why Reagan gets no credit for ending the Cold War - he didn't know he had tools in hand), they missed the nuke weapons in India & Pakistan (not the USSR, not our problem), they consistently overrated the USSR on weaponry (CIA under Bush pere allowed the B team - bomb-throwing neocons - to horrendously exaggerate the USSR's military & scientific & technological capabilities - because it gave the MIC & the Congressional iron triangle an excuse to throw yet more $ @ the MIC - where the neocons had dayjobs or patronage, supported the 500-ship US Navy, lost an MEU in Beirut, lost the embassy in Beirut, offended PM Thatcher over the "invasion" of Grenada, lost SEALs & other military unnecessarily in Grenada), ...

Maybe that's it. Maybe D. Brinkley had in mind the greatest presidents for the MIC. Now THAT makes sense.

Last edited:

The most revealing evidence for the greatness of President Reagan is how you Leftists fight tooth and nail to deny the obvious.

"CBS Sunday Morning had a segment on yesterday discussing how historians and journalists would view *. They interviewed the usual lackeys such as Dan Bartlett and David Frum extolling chimpy's virtues, but my mouth dropped when Historian Douglas Brinkley called Reagan one of the 5 greatest presidents! Did I miss something? Is the fact that there was never a formal investigation into Iran Contra, mean that the president and his administration didn't pursue their RW agenda and cover it up? Was he possibly given credit for ending the cold war when in fact USSR's involvement in a war in Afghanistan did more to precipitate it? Am I missing something here?"
WTF? Historian Douglas Brinkley calls Reagan one of the Top 5 Greatest Presidents - Democratic Underground

Again?

".... when Historian Douglas Brinkley called Reagan one of the 5 greatest presidents!"

Who gives a shit what Brinkley thinks? :lol:

If he was saying Clinton was one of the 5 greatest POTUS you would be calling him a Liberal hack.

As for the obvious, it's obvious that Reagan was a figurehead. And a liar, according to Oliver North.

Don't know about Douglas Brinkley. But Prexy Reagan's "greatness" was in quips, one-liners, & stagecraft. Other than that, the poor man should have been impeached on Iran-Contra. For violating the Constitution, for violating the Boland Amendment, for trading arms for hostages with Iran (!), for bringing rank amateurs & poseurs & renegades into NSC to run his private foreign policy, for raising money & supplying rapists, torturers, murderers in C. America & elsewhere with military arms. For suborning Israel, for tapping GOP & other rightists for all the money they could cough up, for rewarding the best "patrons" with visits & photo ops with the Gypper, ...

CIA under Reagan was useless - they missed the economic problems & fall of the USSR (which is why Prexy Reagan never pushed to end the Cold War - he & CIA were completely oblivious - & which is why Reagan gets no credit for ending the Cold War - he didn't know he had tools in hand), they missed the nuke weapons in India & Pakistan (not the USSR, not our problem), they consistently overrated the USSR on weaponry (CIA under Bush pere allowed the B team - bomb-throwing neocons - to horrendously exaggerate the USSR's military & scientific & technological capabilities - because it gave the MIC & the Congressional iron triangle an excuse to throw yet more $ @ the MIC - where the neocons had dayjobs or patronage, supported the 500-ship US Navy, lost an MEU in Beirut, lost the embassy in Beirut, offended PM Thatcher over the "invasion" of Grenada, lost SEALs & other military unnecessarily in Grenada), ...

Maybe that's it. Maybe D. Brinkley had in mind the greatest presidents for the MIC. Now THAT makes sense.

No...his greatness is clear to those with a clear view.

His defeat of the Soviet Union, and ending the Carter malaise and beginning the hugely successful 'Reagan Boom'.....that is his legacy.

I know I should never be surprised at the lack of objectivity in folks like you.

Again?

Who gives a shit what Brinkley thinks? :lol:

If he was saying Clinton was one of the 5 greatest POTUS you would be calling him a Liberal hack.

As for the obvious, it's obvious that Reagan was a figurehead. And a liar, according to Oliver North.

You serve your function, and prove the statement:
The function of the Democrat Party is to separate the wheat from the chaff, and see that the chaff gets elected.

Reagan's was the cocaine presidency. Its use went up, and the price went down. Maybe that was nancy's war on drugs, to get more people using them at a lower price point.

P. Chic is proud of a President who was a deficit spender? He merely transferred tax-payer $, future tax payer $ because he borrowed it, to defense contractors. Whats so laudable about that? :dunno:

Last edited:
P. Chic is proud of a President who was a deficit spender? He merely transferred tax-payer $, future tax payer $ because he borrowed it, to defense contractors. Whats so laudable about that? :dunno:

Here's the short answer.

I've seen your ability to calculate, investigate, and cogitate.

Based on that....if you're a'gin it, I'm for it.

he was a deficit spender & a tax raiser & I'm not talking about President Obama.

I realize that this is simply casting pearls before swine....but here's some pearls:

"Reagan’s legacy affects us dramatically today in two ways. First, Reagan’s anti-Communist foreign policy and his military buildup hastened the disintegration of the Soviet Union. In the past eight years, America’s victory in the Cold War generated a half-trillion-dollar peace dividend. That peace dividend grows every year, and it fell like manna from heaven into President Clinton’s lap. The budget deficit is falling, not primarily because Clinton raised taxes and not primarily because the congressional Republicans committed themselves to a balanced budget, but because the defense budget is nearly $100 billion lower today than when the Berlin Wall came down.

The second effect of the Reagan years was to launch America into what is now widely regarded as a remarkable 15-year low-inflation, high-employment bull market (the Dow was at 800 in 1982, 8,000 today)—interrupted only mildly in the middle Bush years. These 15 years of prosperity were propelled by Reaganomics: lower tax rates, a long-run decline in inflation and interest rates (which also lowers tax rates), freer international trade and a strong dollar. Even with the anti-supply-side Bush and Clinton tax hikes, the top tax rate today of 40% is far below the towering 70% tax rate that disabled the economy in the 1970s. The end of the Cold War has created an international environment of peace and stability, nudging the economy into still higher gear in recent years."
Who Balanced the Budget? | Cato Institute

Go ahead: "But he wrote sloppy....."

From Cato Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -

"The Cato Institute is an American libertarian think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C. It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation in 1974 by Murray Rothbard, Ed Crane and Charles Koch,[6] chairman of the board and chief executive officer of the conglomerate Koch Industries.[nb 1] In July 1976, the name was changed to the Cato Institute.[6][7] According to the 2011 Global Go To Think Tank Index, Cato is the 6th most influential US based think tank, ranking 3rd in Economic Policy and 2nd in Social Policy.[8]"

(My bold in quote)

I'm sure Prexy Reagan's admin was good to Koch Industries. Do you have any middle-of-the-road cites for Reagan's genius?

P. Chic -

That's right - Reagan NEVER submitted a balanced budget. Not once.

And.....?

He saved the world and you want to investigate his checkbook?????

You're claiming that St. Ronnie Of The RKO Studio bankrupted the USSR with his massive deficit spending, and they couldn't keep up?

How much credit, then, do you give President Carter for denying the Soviets hundreds of millions of dollars from the Olympics?

From Cato Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia -

"The Cato Institute is an American libertarian think tank headquartered in Washington, D.C. It was founded as the Charles Koch Foundation in 1974 by Murray Rothbard, Ed Crane and Charles Koch,[6] chairman of the board and chief executive officer of the conglomerate Koch Industries.[nb 1] In July 1976, the name was changed to the Cato Institute.[6][7] According to the 2011 Global Go To Think Tank Index, Cato is the 6th most influential US based think tank, ranking 3rd in Economic Policy and 2nd in Social Policy.[8]"

(My bold in quote)

I'm sure Prexy Reagan's admin was good to Koch Industries. Do you have any middle-of-the-road cites for Reagan's genius?

So....what do you think your en.wikipedia.org bio would look like?

If you'd like to show errors in the Cato outlook, do so.

P. Chic -

And.....?

You're claiming that St. Ronnie Of The RKO Studio bankrupted the USSR with his massive deficit spending, and they couldn't keep up?

How much credit, then, do you give President Carter for denying the Soviets hundreds of millions of dollars from the Olympics?

I'm not 'claiming' anything.

These are facts.

Your ignorance of same is certainly not a singleton, but merely one more item is a vast universe of ignorance.

Have you considered looking into getting a library card?

he was a deficit spender & a tax raiser & I'm not talking about President Obama.
Oop!!! :eek: I forgot to mention :redface: that he also gave amnesty to countless millins of wetbacks. :cool:
P. Chic -

And.....?

exactly. They just mortgaged their future before we did. Whats so laudable about that PoliChic :eusa_eh: :lol:

Forum List

Back