Once stigmatized, food stamps find acceptance

Status
Not open for further replies.
fucking A. I recently got into making jellies and I look forward to making a mango/habenero run this year. And, too, I made this with my father as a bonding thing and it's pretty cool. I've already started to plan what me and the special lady friend will be canning this year too. I don't have the land to plant trees or grow grape vines but we do have a thriving farmers market within reach.
If you send me a jar of some of your preserves that you've talked about before, I will send you an autographed photo of myself. And maybe some of my original cornbread shortbread cookies.

I'm all out of the last run but if you remind me when I brag about the next run I'll send you a jar without requiring any of that. That is, if you can be trusted with my return address....

:eusa_pray:
Deal and unless it's so delicious and more addicting than crack I promise not to show up at Chez Shogun. Let me know when you start up production again. :)

Everyone eats. The manager of a grocery store makes 5 times the salary of a branch manager at the bank.
The grocery lobby CONTROLS the food stamp program.Try to make any changes in any form of delivery OTHER THAN getting from them or any food store RETAIL and their HUGE and POWERFUL lobby will fight you to the death.
Food stamp program,like most redistribution of wealth programs, are ALL about politics, FIRST AND FOREMOST.
If we really wanted to feed the poor we would and the first thing we would do is get rid of a tax driven program to do it.

The best way to help the poor...

is to fix the fucking economy!

I think food stamps are necessary for people who truely deserve it, many people don't.

I have a business involving door to door sales.

I have seen many people that I have gone to who said that they were out of work for over 3 years, on welfare, food stamps, and can't find a job, etc.

A lot of these people I have offered them a job doing exactly what I am doing and they refuse.

I want to make clear that food stamps are important and necessary for those who really need it, but there are too many who take advantage of the system, and they make me sick.

Shame on those children for wanting to be born into poverty.
They could have chosen to be born rich.

They could work to become rich.

Yes possibly. You really do not have a clue how hard it is to climb out of poverty when your parents are deadbeat slugs do you?

and typically once you do begin to climb out your relatives try and bleed you dry.

Last edited:
Similar to this, there used to be a stigma attached to 2nd and 3rd mortages on their homes. Now that it has been refdefined as "refinancing", you have the president out pushing people to do this.

-TSO

Personally, I have never understood how our government can pay Farmers to NOT FARM for one reason or another, instead of letting them farm and buying their goods to feed the poor?

In Maine, Food stamps are not available for the poor that do not have children, other than Seniors. Is each state different?
It goes back to really reatarded attempts to solve the Great Depression by purposefully starving Americans to death in an attempt to raise the cost of crops, thereby simulating the economy.

Shame on those children for wanting to be born into poverty.
They could have chosen to be born rich.

They could work to become rich.
Don't you mean they could come and work for the rich?

No I don't.

I told this story here before.

Two years ago I was pretty broke. I got nervous buying lettuce in the grocery store. I got a job doing door to door sales strictly on commission.

I now have my own company, and I have salespeople, my income is now about 15 times the amount it was two years ago.

☭proletarian☭;2003099 said:
The best way to help the poor...

is to fix the fucking economy!

I don't believe it. He actually said something that I agree with.

I need to reevaluate. :lol:

I agree...The poor used to be known for their ability to take basic foodstuffs and turn them into a lowcost meal. Inexpensive cuts of meat, cornmeal, flour, rice could all be cooked into a meal for the family at low cost. Many of the poor today are incapable of cooking a meal that isn't pre-prepared.

But before we put all the blame on the poor.....most middle class and wealthy can no longer cook a basic meal without takeout.

Cooking is a lost art

thats just asinine. Cooking isn't like the lost langauge of some forgotten culture. Look at global cuisines and spare the the bullshit when people in Peru eat guinnea pigs and people in asia are busy eating scorpions.

it's a skill fostered by necessity. I guarentee that you'd learn how to cook SOMETHING if you don't know how if you were starving in a desert with staple food items handy.
It's not even necessary to cook everything you eat to be well fed. You are right about learning to eat well from different cultures. If i ever get the chance, I want to try those grubs and grasshopers people rave about. My eyes closed though.

The grubs are better roasted over the fire, so "Man vs. Wild" says! :eek:

thats just asinine. Cooking isn't like the lost langauge of some forgotten culture. Look at global cuisines and spare the the bullshit when people in Peru eat guinnea pigs and people in asia are busy eating scorpions.

it's a skill fostered by necessity. I guarentee that you'd learn how to cook SOMETHING if you don't know how if you were starving in a desert with staple food items handy.
It's not even necessary to cook everything you eat to be well fed. You are right about learning to eat well from different cultures. If i ever get the chance, I want to try those grubs and grasshopers people rave about. My eyes closed though.

The grubs are better roasted over the fire, so "Man vs. Wild" says! :eek:

Everything is better cooked outside for some reason. But somehow when we're talking grubs I don't think roasting them on a open fire would be enough. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back