Once, ask again. Twice, re-word and ask again. Three times? Start a poll.

Is the tax code fair?

• Yes. The tax code in this country is basically fair.

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No. The tax code is unfair.

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • I can't answer without looking stupid.

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
:eusa_think: How the HELL does one get conservatives on this board to answer a simple yes or no question without sounding like a bunch of seven term senators at a lobbyist luncheon?!?

Obviously most Conservatives believe that the poor are not paying their own fair share of the tax burden in this country, so let's leave them out of the equation.

That being said, do you (America's Conservatives) believe that the super wealthy, who pay about 16% of their incomes in taxes, and the middle class, who fork over an average of around 32% of their incomes, are both paying a fair share of the money that must be collected to keep this country running?
Remember... how efficiently the country is running and what the money is being spent on, while very valid questions, are different questions.​

Frustration from a thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/146106-shrink-the-rich-not-government-16.html#post3096852

The tax code is not uniform so therefore it is unfair.

Concise enough ;)

And if you want short replies leave out the bullshit you threw in to fire people up ;).

Demanding a starving man to give as a rich man does is fair?

Your first mistake is buying into Wealth envy.

/THREAD.

I am NOT envious of the wealthy! Nor do I want to see the rewards of hard work in the marketplace diminished! Where the hell do you see that in my posts? Do you want a link? http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/146106-shrink-the-rich-not-government-14.html#post3093122

I simply see an unfair tax code as a drag on the whole economy and now as a good a time as any to start discussing an overhaul of the tax code.

FAIR or FLAT Tax...All of this comes to an end. Government will be forced to live within it's means. The tax code ceases to be a weapon of wealth envy perpetrated by overzealous elitist government types.

/Story.
Who defines what's a fair tax? Sounds like the PATRIOT act and the fairness doctrine- noone can disapprove of such a good name, right?

Your first mistake is buying into Wealth envy.

/THREAD.

You talk about envy like it is a bad word, it isn't. Envy gives people motivation to improve their situation in life, it gives them drive to produce more and become self sufficient.

You got a fucked view on life.

Actually? It is. In the context presented shithead.

Wealth envy derives from jealousy of lazy people that should be doing for themsleves...but use the power of whining to the imperial FED to do what they refuse to do.

And no my outlook on life as a hard worker is fairly common...and not a fucking Union shill as you that relies on thuggey of Unions to get where they are going.

You may STFU any time now boy.

Damn Dude. The last time I saw someone carry that much personal anger around he was dead at 40 from a bleeding ulcer. Need a hug?

You talk about envy like it is a bad word, it isn't. Envy gives people motivation to improve their situation in life, it gives them drive to produce more and become self sufficient.

You got a fucked view on life.

Wealth envy derives from jealousy of lazy people that should be doing for themsleves...but use the power of whining to the imperial FED to do what they refuse to do.

And no my outlook on life as a hard worker is fairly common...and not a fucking Union shill as you that relies on thuggey of Unions to get where they are going.

Damn Dude. The last time I saw someone carry that much personal anger around he was dead at 40 from a bleeding ulcer. Need a hug?

When attacked I give as good as I get.

Eye for an eye. True beliver.

I am NOT envious of the wealthy! Nor do I want to see the rewards of hard work in the marketplace diminished! Where the hell do you see that in my posts? Do you want a link? http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/146106-shrink-the-rich-not-government-14.html#post3093122

I simply see an unfair tax code as a drag on the whole economy and now as a good a time as any to start discussing an overhaul of the tax code.

FAIR or FLAT Tax...All of this comes to an end. Government will be forced to live within it's means. The tax code ceases to be a weapon of wealth envy perpetrated by overzealous elitist government types.

/Story.
Who defines what's a fair tax? Sounds like the PATRIOT act and the fairness doctrine- noone can disapprove of such a good name, right?

Uhh... that would be We, The People... at least in theory, ass-u-me-ing We are, at some point in time, actually represented by our hired representatives.

I know, I know... BIG assumption. Give an old guy with an imagination a break.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoC86l3SQL4[/ame]

The annual take for social security taxes is substantially larger than the total value of all stocks and corporate bonds traded on all exchanges. The larges share ownership is by private and union pension plans. Which seem to overvalue stocks in general. And those pension plans are way under funded. If they were properly funded, private investors wouldn't even blip on the stock markets. Plus, you know what happens if washington gets involved in investing. The result would not be pretty.
This is the reason weirdos like myself prefer 401k accounts to Social security taxes.

:eusa_think: How the HELL does one get conservatives on this board to answer a simple yes or no question without sounding like a bunch of seven term senators at a lobbyist luncheon?!?

Obviously most Conservatives believe that the poor are not paying their own fair share of the tax burden in this country, so let's leave them out of the equation.

That being said, do you (America's Conservatives) believe that the super wealthy, who pay about 16% of their incomes in taxes, and the middle class, who fork over an average of around 32% of their incomes, are both paying a fair share of the money that must be collected to keep this country running?

Remember... how efficiently the country is running and what the money is being spent on, while very valid questions, are different questions.​

Frustration from a thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/146106-shrink-the-rich-not-government-16.html#post3096852

How do you get an answer to a simple yes-or-no question? You start by ASKING a simple yes-or-no question.

If, on the other hand, you insist on injecting your own personal biases into the question so that anyone answering just yes or no is forced to agree with your prejudices and skewed perspective, then you can reasonably expect that the answers you get are going to be more complicated as people become defensive over your implied insults and attempt to rectify your built-in errors.

"You got a fucked view on life" is petty and not very conducive to a discussion, but it's not really an attack along the lines of "[you] shithead", "a fucking Union shill as you" or "STFU, boy".

:eusa_think: Isn't that whole 'eye for an eye' thing supposed to be an admonishment NOT to met out vengeance in excess of the perceived attack?

"You got a fucked view on life" is petty and not very conducive to a discussion, but it's not really an attack along the lines of "[you] shithead", "a fucking Union shill as you" or "STFU, boy".

:eusa_think: Isn't that whole 'eye for an eye' thing supposed to be an admonishment NOT to met out vengeance in excess of the perceived attack?

An Eye for and Eye and a Tooth for a Tooth will leave the world hungry and blind.

The annual take for social security taxes is substantially larger than the total value of all stocks and corporate bonds traded on all exchanges. The larges share ownership is by private and union pension plans. Which seem to overvalue stocks in general. And those pension plans are way under funded. If they were properly funded, private investors wouldn't even blip on the stock markets. Plus, you know what happens if washington gets involved in investing. The result would not be pretty.
This is the reason weirdos like myself prefer 401k accounts to Social security taxes.

If you have a link to back that up I will gladly apologize for my next sentence.

Bullshit!

Can you find me a starving man who works?

Can you find me one who doesn't?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53l6_00AL30[/ame]

Easily. And for the record, I was talking about within the United States. Where food is hardly scarce. and can be purchased at a dollar store rather cheaply

Yeah, I know. I just like posting videos of people trying to make it through tomorrow in The Third World. Gives folks here a new perspective on their perception of their own shitty lives and makes them feel better.

Yeah, I know. I just like posting videos of people trying to make it through tomorrow in The Third World. Gives folks here a new perspective on their perception of their own shitty lives and makes them feel better.

Doesn't make me feel better. Makes me feel ashamed how little we are really doing to help people

An Eye for and Eye and a Tooth for a Tooth will leave the world hungry and blind.

The Mean Old USMB Software said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Avatar4321 again.

Bummer!

:popcorn:

Fair is treating everyone equally.
O rly? So now you're screaming for equality?

And just how is taking the money a poor man needs to eat because you demand he pay no smaller portion of his earnings than you are taxed of your inheritance or the surplus capital you pocket from his labour fair?

or are we pretending that there's no such thing as marginal utility?

Forum List

Back